I will be going to Australia for four months in November and will be taking my blackberry with me. Now, I see the unlimited global email plan for 64.99,but will that also cover data like BBM or browsing the web? Or will it only cover EMAIL? Agh, I'm so confused.
    09-20-09 02:59 AM
    That plan covers all data! Internet, email, BBM, any apps that use data, etc!

i used it when i was in Mexico and Grand Caymen. Worked like a charm!

Enjoy your BlackBerry in Australia.

Make sure you contact the Global department BEFORE leaving on your trip so they can set you up properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 03:11 AM
    also double check your connection is set to global not CDMA or UMTS then you can hit whatever network is strongest while you are abroad.
    options>mobile network>Network Technology should show Global.
    09-20-09 08:03 AM
    Okay...whew. I was worried that maybe they would have no problems delivering emails but would charge me some ungodly rate for any other types of data. Thank you for the replies.

09-20-09 01:24 PM
    ALso check to see if that area has discounted pricing for minutes. the data plan of 69.98 embeds the 4.99 value plan and can save on the price per minute on phone calls
    09-20-09 04:25 PM
    I went with the plan Lastraid mentioned when I was in Europe for 3 weeks in June. Calls there both to/from phone were $0.99/minute. Data UNlimited. This plan replaces your BIS plan so for the time implemented, you stop paying the $30/month and pay the $69/month or a pro rata rate for less than a month.

I saved about $300 on data costs. Three of us used it for email and losts of web browsing and weather checks (hiking trip).

Check costs for Australia though.
    09-21-09 12:22 AM
    If you get the 69.98 data plan it will include the discounted minute rate. And for Australia its .99 cents a min in/out.

09-22-09 02:37 PM