A while back, I had called Verizon to see if they had an international data-only plan. I am generally overseas, so I do not require voice service, but I do use my BB extensively for data. I was told that for a total of $70, I would receive an unlimited data-only plan with unlimited international (data) roaming.

With this knowledge in hand, I came across a great deal for a new 8830 World Edition and purchased it. However, when I called Verizon, they said that they cannot offer international data roaming without a domestic voice plan, which would not be less than $99 per month. I looked on their site, and saw that GlobalEmail is $69.99 per month without a voice plan. I am seriously confused.

Does anyone know if Verizon has an unlimited international data-only plan, and what the actually monthly cost is?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 02:59 AM
    Ok, I called them again, and the rep confirmed that I can order the GlobalEmail plan as a stand-alone without voice for a total of $69.99 per month. I hope this is true...
    10-03-08 09:21 AM
    Yes it is true. Make sure the plan covers the countries you'll need it to though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 11:02 AM
    Thanks a lot!
    10-04-08 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD