First Time posting here but I have been creeping around for a while. I am taking a trip overseas to a few different countries and was wondering about International calling plans. I tried calling Verizon but I got 3 different answers from 3 different people. I was wondering what most people do who go overseas with there bb. I have a bb storm and would like to use it over seas. Thanks in advance cause Im totally lost. Lloyd
    04-30-10 09:07 PM
    Where are you traveling to? That will determine your per minute rate.

But Text is 0.50 to send and 0.05 to receive.
    Global E-mail and Web is either 64.99 or 69.98 depending on where you are going. That includes unlimited web and e-mail access. Just provide more specifics please...
    04-30-10 10:41 PM
    You can also call 800-711-8300. This VZW group will provide you all rates and specifics about each country and will then email this info in a nicely laid out email
    05-01-10 07:44 AM
    Sorry for the delay but trying to get everything packed up. Im heading to Malta France Spain Greece and Ireland. I tried calling VZW but keep getting different responses regarding the price. I dont mind speding the money if I need to dont wanna spend more than I have to. Ill try giving that number a call tonight and see what they say. Thanks again Lloyd
    05-01-10 03:32 PM
    I used the global paln last summer in Italy primarily but also Amsterdam (airport), Germany and Austria. UNlimited data, calls, if I recall were $0.99 per minute in/out Europe or US. I paid $69/month prorated. So for 3 weeks I paid 3/4 of that and when that was happening my normal bis costs were also prorated for the one week. So basically bis was suspended for 3 weeks while global was engaged.

TXT is NOT included and I don't text. I do not know about BBMessenger costs or ????

Have fun
    05-01-10 04:14 PM
    Sorry for the delay but trying to get everything packed up. Im heading to Malta France Spain Greece and Ireland. I tried calling VZW but keep getting different responses regarding the price. I dont mind speding the money if I need to dont wanna spend more than I have to. Ill try giving that number a call tonight and see what they say. Thanks again Lloyd
    If you add the Global Email plan for 69.98, the call rates will be 0.99 (Spain, France and Ireland) and 1.49 (Malta and Greece). Text will be .50 to send and .05 to recieve. ALL data will be included with the price so e-mail, BBM, web and messenger apps will be unlimited. You can go here for more details you can see (click on rates and coverage). Call the number Lastraid gave you to set it up.
    05-01-10 04:28 PM
    Don't forget, one way to save when travelling internationally and on a data plan......

If you need to TXT someone, you can use the email gateways. For instance, with a VZW # you send email to 1234567890@vtext.com. Then it is routed to the person's phone as a TXT message. And you can instruct them ahead of time to respond by sending a TXT from their end to your e-mail address, thus you receive it as an email.

All the carriers have a gateway for this purpose. Just google to find out others.
    05-04-10 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD