12-28-09 08:33 AM
33 12
tools
    Thats amazing because my browser is still google and I have a bing icon. So maybe you should do more reading. Why do you have to cry over something that takes 5 seconds and has to be done once. Deal with it or pick someone else to use. Thats what they chose to do. Im so tired of seein 5 different bing posts a day. Can you all no just complain in one thread?

I guess you have no idea what we are talking about. You can't hide it, Bing has replaced all other search providers in the browser, how about doing a little reading before commenting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by D2VW14_20; 12-23-09 at 07:46 PM.
    12-23-09 07:44 PM
    Thats amazing because my browser is still google and I have a bing icon. So maybe you should do more reading. Why do you have to cry over something that takes 5 seconds and has to be done once. Deal with it or pick someone else to use. Thats what they chose to do. Im so tired of seein 5 different bing posts a day. Can you all no just complain in one thread?
    What phone and what provider? Also I do all of my complaining about this in this thread. As for me crying, when did I ever do that? Have a good Christmas tuff guy.

12-23-09 07:58 PM
    Actually, maybe complaining all over the place is the way to provide the adverse publicity no carriers necessarily need.

Yes, there are apparently ways around it but that is not the point. It was pretty simple before - you wanted to search, you pressed G (goto) and could type in the box. Now you have to get to a bookmark, open it, wait for it to load and start the search. It was simple and convenient - yup, just make MY phone less convenient - way to make customers happy. Oh, wait, we are income, not customers.
    12-23-09 09:43 PM
    My Storm I still has my google search engine. I have browser push turned off. Could this be the reason it hasn't been forced on me yet?
    12-24-09 08:50 AM
    There are two entirely different "Bing" issues. One is the icon on the home page for a Bing application. To me this is a non-issue, since it is just a link that takes up negligible space, and can be hidden and forgotten.

The other one is making Bing the exclusive search engine in the BB browser, requiring that the user resort to other means to use other search engines, such as bookmarking the other search site and opening it, whereas before they could do searches directly from the search bar. It is primarily Storm 2 users who have been hit by this one at this time
    12-24-09 06:29 PM
    I simply find it baffling as to why an already weak browser should be crippled further by limiting the native search options. Since the crosby got crammed down my s2's throat I've gone to opera mini 5 beta 2 full-time. The only time the bb browser comes up now is when opera tells it to. The funny (and somewhat troubling) part is that the bb browser won't show the links to download om5b2, but opera has no problems opening the bb browser to download the newest version.

I would very much like it if the search options were restored on the bb browser, bur it still wouldn't compare to opera.

12-25-09 12:07 AM
    I have went to Opera Mini 5B2 like many others have. I attempted to call CS for this petition but wait was over 10 minutes.

12-25-09 07:57 AM
    people, this thread is not for open b*tching about this push, it's about getting VZW users to call customer support and tell them to put you on the list of users who want our search engine options back.

FWIW my wife's S1 still has not gotten the push. I have the google app and google book marked, but thats not the point, for what we pay to use these phones we should be given more options and a better browser, not the other way around.
    12-28-09 08:33 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD