So on Mothers Day I was hanging out with my mom, "go figure" lol, when and interesting event occurred. My mother, the woman who has had the same Motorola flip phone for just about 9 years said to me, how much would it be for me to get a phone like yours? This amazed me but I said free on a contract. She is not tech savvy at all but had played with mine quite a bit. Btw, my phone is a Z10.

So after making sure she could handle it, basically letting her use my phone all evening it was settled... she was getting her first smartphone, a BlackBerry Z10.

Now fast forward to the crazy conversation.

After receiving the phone it had to be activated. I had purchased the phone online and thought all that needed to be done was call that number to get it activated... Activation failed! yep, no problem tho, within seconds I was talking to a nice Verizon rep go help get the phone going.

Within a few minutes he said he would have to get the next level tech on the phone as the failed activation on his end wouldn't go away.

Moments later, I was talking to a Verizon Tech from South Carolina. Now let me preface that I am from West Virginia quite a rural area known for many outdoor activities.

Finally we ended up shutting down the other two verizon phones and she had to change the plan to a more everything plan. Of course I had done it online while ordering the Z10 but something didn't agree in the system. While the phones were booting up she began discussing about the other phones on the same line, one being a BlackBerry Torch 9850.

This phone was my father's and was still ticking along just fine.

She stated I can't believe that phone is still going.

I replied that yes it was a miracle seeing how tough he is on phones being a chemical/logical systems control engineer for dupont.

To this, she replied those phones seem much more durable than most other phones that have been on the market.

Wow, who woulda known a Verizon Tech would be talking about a BlackBerry 9850 being reliable. Lol.

Needless to say after an hour on the phone, all 3 phones were up and running again just fine.

I've gotta say, Verizon phone reps, and the techs are easy to get along with and are as courteous as can be.

BTW, my mom is loving her new phone as well!

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry and santhoshknn like this.
    06-02-14 01:11 PM
    Nice to hear about this kind of discussion with a carrier rep! It doesn't happen enough.
    06-02-14 01:19 PM
    A breath of fresh air. Need more up beat stories like this every once in a while.
    06-02-14 01:59 PM
    I've almost never had problems with Verizon phone reps. My experiences echo yours, they always try and solve the problem and make you happy. Much better than most in store reps.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 05:24 PM
    You ARE_talking about Verizon, right?!??
    06-03-14 05:20 AM
    This is a great story that you had, with such a great experience.....we need to hear more of these. But why do you think that so many in-store sales associates do not provide the same type of experience as when you call in?
    06-03-14 11:27 AM