10-07-09 12:08 PM
    My Take On This One: it doesn't even mention Blackberry, or Verizon Wireless....ssooooooo I'm not sure why it's here.
    10-07-09 12:11 PM
    My Take On This One: it doesn't even mention Blackberry, or Verizon Wireless....ssooooooo I'm not sure why it's here.
    The fact that it's windows mobile 7. and There will be VZW devices eventually running it....
    10-07-09 12:13 PM
    The fact that it's windows mobile 7. and There will be VZW devices eventually running it....
    ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-07-09 12:38 PM
    No - Windows 7 for PCs, due out shortly. It isn't WM7, due out next year.

The article is somewhat disingenuous, as what they claim can be done now, even with Win3.1, Netscape, Mozilla, Sun, etc.

Don't want to be tracked? Stay offline.

10-07-09 12:39 PM
    Thanks professor Twin
    10-07-09 12:49 PM
    I took a moment to read the entire article - Windows Geo-tracking abilities written about eleven months ago. It is for third-party apps you might want for geo-tagging, GPS functionality & more. It goes above & beyond tracking your Internet activity & will actually report your location. It is turned off by default & the latest iterations of the OS require several user-accepted permissions to activate these controls.

These features are in limited effect on all current cell phones & fully exist in all phones with full GPS capabilities, including all BlackBerrys since Storm.

This is what the GPS contingent is demanding & it will affect everyone with a cellphone or any WiFi enabled mobile device - laptops, too.
    Microsoft doesn't have any evil intent with this - they are simply responding to market demand from consumers who don't mind Big Brother possibly tracking their every move. If MS didn't offer it, they'd be behind Google, Apple, Sun, etc.

10-07-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD