09-22-09 06:45 PM
48 12
tools
    09-18-09 02:16 AM
    Cool read..definately wished Verizon had better smartphones to offer. I have contemplated many times to leave and go to another carrier but just cant bring myself to doing it...We'll see how the rest of the year plays out to whether or not I stay with Verizon...(cant believe I just said that)
    09-18-09 02:36 AM
    very interesting. Personally, I'm wiling to bet that for manufacturers, verizon is the hardest to deal with. Locked features and big red control im sure is a huge part of it
    09-18-09 02:42 AM
    January I'm due...love the service, not customer and device. Just added my lady to a family plan so I will stick around nd hopefully the storm 2 is all its cracked up to be...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 03:14 AM
    This article has Mac head iphony user written all over it. No wonder the talk about the competition but stay mum on ATT's POS so-called network

09-18-09 03:17 AM
    While that was definitely an interesting article, this would probably get more attention in the Verizon forums.

Either way, I don't think Verizon's too worried about it. As the article states, they've got the best network. They've got the most customers. Who gives a crap if they've got the fanciest phones? They just WORK.
    09-18-09 04:01 AM
    All lies. Seriously... it's common sense. Whoever wrote that is a dummy.
    09-18-09 05:15 AM
    The article is a lot like Verizon's phone line up, boring. I did wait a long time to buy before settling on the Tour just because I do like Verizon's reliability. (If the Iphone was on Verizon, I would have bought it, but I'm good with the BB for now. No way I was going to AT&T though) And I do like the Tour, but it's not like there's much of a selection, tis true. I just assumed it was because they were so anal about working with different phone makers and guarding their bottom line. I don't see them working out a deal anything like AT&T did with Apple.
    09-18-09 05:47 AM
    I have to say this article is pretty true. And I even have VZW. I would like for it to be when I go get a phone I have to stand there 3hrs making my mind up.
    09-18-09 06:48 AM
    As a big Red customer for 12 straight years, I can't agree more with this article. VZ is known for sleepy handsets and always being late to the party with new devices. There's a lot to be said, however, about the focus they put on their network. I live/work in NYC, and my AT&T friends are constantly in dead zones around town. That's inexcusable, IMO, in 2009. I've never had that with VZ in NY.

09-18-09 07:05 AM
    Nothing new in the article, the general public already knows this.
    09-18-09 07:13 AM
    It was a great read, but as stated earlier, phone selection is not a big deal to VZW... yet. I'm willing to bet the future will be very interesting for us VZW customers.
    09-18-09 07:16 AM
    Is it me or does it seem like Verizon has an awful lot of haters. More than Kanye at least. Lol. I can agree somewhat but then again I don't believe I've ever had no signal or dropped a call in nearly 4 years. . . . I'll take it.

09-18-09 07:19 AM
    I read this before I logged on here. Intersting read but nothing surprising.
    09-18-09 07:20 AM
    I've been a loyal Verizon customer for nearly 10 years now and I have to say I mostly agree with this article. Verizon is way too cocky when it comes to "the network" and has a long history of ignoring the actual phones. I think in the last year or two, this has somewhat changed, but they're still not offering some of the most exciting phones out there.

This will all change in a couple years when they make the big switch over to LTE. There shouldn't be any more carrier restrictions and consumers will be free to choose any phone they want with any carrier they want. iPhone, Pre, Android, WM, Nokia, you name it... Should be a big win for everybody.

For now, we should be seeing several new smartphones in the next few months - Storm 2, Curve 8530, Palm Pre, Motorola Sholes (Android-based), Samsung Omnia 2 (WM6.5), etc...
    09-18-09 08:10 AM
    Well when you look at the overall picture and ask why does Verizon have the best coverage? Simple they don't jump on every new phone and lose credibility. Can you say iPhone 3gs. Great phone crappy network half of the features don't even work because of the network it's on. And it's not like VZW is bleeding customers (can you say sprint.)
    09-18-09 08:17 AM
    Dude, there's no great need to spam this all over the place. I've found five threads on this article this morning, and three of them were started by you.
    09-18-09 08:36 AM
    verizon released the PRO2 and didnt cripple it like they did the PRO1. thats a HUGE step forward for bizz folks on that network. verizon is getting the hint it seems.. this article is definitely on point.
    09-18-09 08:40 AM
    Personally I agree I had Verizon for 5 years and I hated it, none of the phones interested me, the service was great, but i can find great service with another phone service. I have also had sprint for 5 years and they get all kinds of interesting phones and my service is great for my area and even when im traveling.
    09-18-09 08:43 AM
    Dude, there's no great need to spam this all over the place. I've found five threads on this article this morning, and three of them were started by you.
    Well, I'll just go ahead and let the Mods know about that. Hopefully they will lock this thread.
    09-18-09 08:46 AM
    article is true that verizon doesnt have a great phone that no other carrier has, the bold is the best bb, the iphone, the google phone, the new my touch or whatever phone

think is the network makes up for it

i first went to verizon and had the 8830, which was not as good as the curve, which i then got, which wasnt as good as the bold, and now i have the tour

to be honest verizon has the best network and the most important thing is being able to make calls and data speed on ur smart phone

verizon rips me off and i dont care haha
    09-18-09 08:50 AM
    I merged the 3 identical threads and am moving this thread to the Verizon Forum. To the OP, from our Rules & Guidelines.....

Cross/Double Posting
    Please post to the MOST relevant forum. Double or cross forum posting or other attempts at flooding the forum with a stream of posts will be removed. If you find that you have posted in the incorrect forum, please contact a moderator to have it moved to the correct location.
    09-18-09 08:55 AM
    Is it me or does it seem like Verizon has an awful lot of haters. More than Kanye at least. Lol. I can agree somewhat but then again I don't believe I've ever had no signal or dropped a call in nearly 4 years. . . . I'll take it.

Make sense since Verizon customers are known for having a Kanye complex. Yo carriers, I'm really happy for you, I'll let you finish, but Verizon is the greatest carrier of all time!!! Instead of this being a one night only rant, it's every day.
    09-18-09 09:04 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/bes...phones-317312/
    Forgot this one that was started first.........................
    09-18-09 09:04 AM
    Thanks for posting the link to the article. I'm sure Verizon will work out a deal with Apple in the future to offer telecommunications products using their network. It seems like a win-win proposition to pair the two...only time will tell.
    09-18-09 09:19 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD