Hey fellow abusers, I just bought my Storm 2 last thursday and declined insurance originally. Not because I didn't want it, but because I wanted to consult with crackberry nation before choosing an insurance plan. What is different between the $7.99/month Total Equipment Coverage plan and the $6.00/month Asurion Wireless Phone Protection? All it says on the VZW site is that TEC covers everything, but it doesn't specify what WPP covers, it just says it covers physical or liquid damage. So, does WPP not cover lost/stolen/manufacturer errors? Thanks!
    11-04-09 05:06 PM
    Both cover loss, theft, physical and liquid damage.

TEC extends the mfg warr into the second year of your contract.
    11-04-09 05:25 PM
    Both cover loss, theft, physical and liquid damage.

TEC extends the mfg warr into the second year of your contract.
    Why would you need to extend your manufacturer warranty if you have WPP? Wouldn't it be redundant to pay for insurance and a extended warranty?
    Last edited by winnersmw; 11-04-09 at 06:08 PM.
    11-04-09 05:27 PM
    If something goes wrong like screen stops working, buttons stop, devicedoes not power on. these are Mfg defects, unless you spilled water all over it. either way you are covered.

Mfg warr is only for one year.
    11-04-09 05:30 PM
    the difference is if you are in that second year and have a warranty issue come up, and end up having to turn it into insurance rather than making a warranty claim, there is a 90 dollar deductible.
    11-04-09 05:34 PM
    Insurance will not cover warr issues at anytime.
    11-04-09 05:43 PM
    the difference is if you are in that second year and have a warranty issue come up, and end up having to turn it into insurance rather than making a warranty claim, there is a 90 dollar deductible.
    Ok, So with the TEC, you don't need to pay a deductible if a problem covered by warranty comes up?
    11-04-09 06:06 PM
    if its a warranty issue, and you have TEC, for two years you get a free warranty replacement....to lastraid..... sure it does. Hammer has to be purchased seperately though
    11-04-09 06:38 PM
    if its a warranty issue, and you have TEC, for two years you get a free warranty replacement....to lastraid..... sure it does. Hammer has to be purchased seperately though
    Haha yeah, that's what I meant when I said that it would be silly to buy an extended warranty and insurance. But I didn't know that you got a free replacement if its a warranty covered issue. Thanks for the info everyone, consider this thread's original questions answered.

And the crackberry nation is proven helpful once again!
    11-04-09 06:53 PM
    Another point... If you have homeowners insurance (And I think renters insurnace will do this too) you can add a personal articles rider.

We have that, and the coverage for my storm is $11 per year. No deductable.

If anything happens to my phone I get a check for the retail cost.

This will not cover warranty issues (althoigh I am not sure how they would check that), and like any insurance, if you make too many claims they are likely to drop you (motivation to only use when necessary).

Maybe you can get the warranty extension and then insure separatly.....
    11-06-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD