So lately, I've been thinking about doing some custom graphics on my 8830 and extending my artistic medium. However, before I even think about it, I want to make sure that it won't void any sort of insurance fine print crap. Any input? I have some awesome ideas for my phone. Also, I'd obviously have to take the case off it it to do it properly. Given that, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to void to the insurance to do it but I want to make sure.
    03-23-08 06:31 PM
    Yep, you'll be voiding the warranty.
    03-23-08 06:32 PM
    wow, that was quick! thanks jimmers. Well that just craps in my cherios.
    03-23-08 06:34 PM
    wow, that was quick! thanks jimmers. Well that just craps in my cherios.
    SORRY to do that to your cherrios!!!
    03-23-08 07:01 PM
    lol don't worry about it mate, it always sucks when bad news manifests itself into a corporeal being and decides to relieve itself by baking a batch of fresh muffins right in my delicious breakfast treats
    03-23-08 08:22 PM
    You only void the warranty, not the insurance.

The insurance is a seperate company and you pay $6 a month to insure the phone and get a replacement for $50 should the occasion arise. You can't void the insurance by doing anything to the phone as they are not affiliated with RIM or verizon (and you have to pay a deductable of $50 per replacement)
    03-24-08 09:36 AM
    I know that you're with VW. I am with ATT and when I purchased my BB I was told that they didn't offer any insurance on my device (only 1 year manufacturer warranty). It's kind of nerve-racking to know that if the unthinkable happens that you're on your own.
    03-24-08 11:46 AM
    ahh so it seems I can do something creative with my phone! great news! thanks!
    03-24-08 06:55 PM
    Good Luck. Post pics when you finish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD