07-02-08 03:33 PM
35 12
tools
    I have had experience with Verizon Ins, and my personal choice is that it is not worth it!

I paid $5.99 a month for Total Protection, and last year dropped my pearl in the bathtub....don't ask...lol

anyway, I didn't get a new phone after paying the deductible, I got a refurbished one, and I only had my pearl for about 3 months!!!

My sister lost her chocolate phone, and when she paid the deductible they sent her the original razr, claiming that they were out of chocolates and that this is what was comparable to her phone model.

I have a family member who works at Verizon currently and has stated that it is not worth it either, that he has seen too many times customers getting the shaft.

And that even though they tell you that you get a "new" phone, that 95% of the time you get a refurbished model, or a phone that has similar features to one you had!
    06-27-08 11:37 AM
    BTW, the new contract I signed in May states that Asurion will only allow one claim per year.
    Mine said 2 per 12 months.
    06-27-08 01:03 PM
    I know I was glad I had insurance when my Treo 650 broke. It was a discontinued model and they replaced it with a brand spankin' new Treo 700P. I took the insurance out on my Curve. I was on AT&T for 9 months with an iPhone. The iPhone fell in the pool, and it was cheaper for me to pay the ETF and get a curve with Verizon then to get any smartphone with AT&T.

Wish they offered insurance on the iPhone, but I'm happier with my Curve than I ever was with my iPhone.
    06-27-08 02:51 PM
    I went a head and put the insurance on my phone today.

I just couldn't decide and plus I always have the option to take it off my contract.
    06-27-08 09:55 PM
    If you don't get the insurance you a fool enough said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 09:04 PM
    I never had insurance on any of my cell phones until I got my Curve.For 5.99 per month it's worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 09:26 PM
    If Assurion sends you a refurb, find something wrong with it and they will send you a new phone. Make sure you call the day you get it though. As far as a comparable model Im not accepting anything but what I have unless its a upgrade to my benefit.
    07-01-08 11:25 AM
    I insure all my phone.....its like my security blanket haha
    07-01-08 12:03 PM
    If Assurion sends you a refurb, find something wrong with it and they will send you a new phone. Make sure you call the day you get it though. As far as a comparable model Im not accepting anything but what I have unless its a upgrade to my benefit.
    I don't understand why they send refurbs. I mean you are paying them money to insure the phone that you bought NEW and all they can give you is a refurb? That's really cheap, and ontop of that you pay the deductible.

If i ever end up using my insurance i will specifically ask for a brand new phone.

On a side note, my brother's Rizr was being weird and draining all his batteries so he took it to verizon (didnt have insurance and was out of warantee) and they just gave him a refurb for $50.
    07-01-08 02:01 PM
    All---VZW has a lost/stolen/damage program if you don't have insurance. You get 1 yr pricing with a $70 rebate. 1 yr pricing is roughly $280 or so..with a $70 rebate...if you don't use insurance you've spent $144 over two years. Also if you are less than a yr from your contract end date, it will extend your contract by one year. If you are over a yr away, then your original contract end date still applies. Also, you don't have to get the same phone again, you can get a different one.

Now if you get a shady sales rep, they will not offer this as they don't make money on it. They will offer "alternatives".

C

VZW employee
    Last edited by cmsmith9; 07-02-08 at 03:36 PM.
    07-02-08 03:33 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD