I am planning on getting insurance for my phone but I am completely unaware of how the insurance works.

Do I have to pay the deductible AND the monthly fee? Or do I just have to pay either one?

When my phone is lost or damaged - do they replace it for free?
    12-10-09 11:25 PM
    If you add it to your plan you have to pay the monthly premium. If you file a claim, you have to pay the deducible, its not a free replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 11:34 PM
    The deductible through Asurion will be $89 then based on when you make your claim usually before 10 pm they overnight the replacement to you except on Saturdays.
    12-10-09 11:43 PM
    Is the device a new one instead of a replacement??
    12-11-09 12:16 AM
    12-11-09 12:17 AM
    Is it a new device or refurbished?
    12-11-09 12:21 AM
    The replacement will be a refurb.
    12-11-09 12:32 AM
    Last question, if I have a problem with the replacement device. Does Asurion send me another one or do I ahve to goto verizon?
    12-11-09 12:33 AM
    You have a warranty period with them as well for one year. But its easier to go thru VZW after the 30 days.....most times.

12-11-09 12:46 AM
    So if I get a replacement from asurion I can go through vzw to get that replacement replaced if it has problems?

12-11-09 01:27 AM
    Do you have to send the damaged phone in? I mean the phone that I have, its top lock and mute buttons just stopped working and the speaker phone is damaged. I was thinking of giving it to a friend who could make good use of it. But it seems unlikely that asurion wouldnt ask verizon to block the esn, right?
    Last edited by Bond J; 12-11-09 at 09:37 AM.
    12-11-09 09:34 AM
    Do you have to send the damaged phone in? I mean the phone that I have, its top lock and mute buttons just stopped working and the speaker phone is damaged. I was thinking of giving it to a friend who could make good use of it. But it seems unlikely that asurion wouldnt ask verizon to block the esn, right?
    Asurion will block the ESN, you do have to send it back. You can not send it back, but it will not work for anyone else.
    12-11-09 10:05 AM
    Is it a new device or refurbished?
    Why did you ask 3 times?

Its a refurb from Asurion.
    12-11-09 03:51 PM
    So I am paying $6 a month and THEN an $80 deductible to have a used device sent to me that is most likely in poorer condition than my original was before it broke? Makes a lot of sense.
    12-23-09 01:18 PM
    A refurb unit could be had off of ebay for $200 wherabouts every day of the week. By the time it comes time you may already be $100 in and have to pay out the other $100. I think I will buy a refurb off of ebay and cancel the insurance on my phones. That way, I have a phone here at home and when mine breaks it is a simple matter of switching over and browsing for another one to replace the one just activated.
    12-23-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD