I just added the Verizon insurance policy to my plan today and the screen on my phone is currently cracked. I know that you can't make a claim the same day you purchase your insurance policy but my question is how long do I have to wait before I can make a claim?

Does anyone know? The verizon people I talked didn't know how long it was.
    Last edited by Cruizer_8; 11-21-09 at 03:23 PM.
    11-21-09 12:07 PM
    i believe its 30 days. call (or go to the website) asurion to be sure.
    11-21-09 03:17 PM
    I just added the Verizon insurance policy to my plan today and the screen on my phone is currently cracked. I know that you can't make a claim the same day you purchase your insurance policy but my question is how long do I have to wait before I can make a claim?

Does anyone know? The verizon people I talked didn't know how long it was.
    You cracked your Storm 2's screen already?
    11-21-09 04:48 PM
    Actually the only stipulation that the insurance has (to my knowledge) is that after adding it you had to have made a phone call to show that the phone did in fact work. Ive had customers who lost their phone 2 days after buying it and going through the insurance without a problem. Thats what its for. If you wreck your car the same day you begin your policy, you are covered right? Yes.
    11-21-09 05:15 PM
    As long as you added the insurance before you cracked your screen you're covered. Obviously this means it takes honesty..
    11-21-09 05:17 PM
    As long as you added the insurance before you cracked your screen you're covered. Obviously this means it takes honesty..
    Actually no - the phone's internal damage chip reports when the damage was suffered. If before the enrollment time, no coverage & possible fraud issues. If enrolled at the time of damage, you are covered. It is all based on the inspection when the phone is received.
    11-21-09 05:55 PM
    Actually no - the phone's internal damage chip reports when the damage was suffered. If before the enrollment time, no coverage & possible fraud issues. If enrolled at the time of damage, you are covered. It is all based on the inspection when the phone is received.
    Wow. Are you serious? I've never heard of that. Is that on all phones or just smart phones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 08:30 PM
    Wow. Are you serious? I've never heard of that. Is that on all phones or just smart phones?

Do you feel your leg being yanked really hard about now? Or look in the mirror for the word gullable written on the old forehead? or maybe have that that title for the beach front property in Arizona?

Welcome to the hook, line, and sinker of Twins humor
    11-21-09 08:34 PM

Got some beach front Property for sale in Arizona, real cheap
    :-D

11-21-09 08:40 PM
    PS - the damage chip is located right next to the fix everything wrong with device check box in advanced options
    11-21-09 08:45 PM
    Got some beach front Property for sale in Arizona, real cheap
    :-D

If he buys that I'll throw the Golden Gate in for free!
    11-21-09 10:49 PM
    any questions about insurance contact Asurion with they're who can answer your coverage questions

11-22-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD