my curve is giving me a problem, the receiver is not taking the charge. my contract is up but before i renew and possible get a droid or tour should i pay the deductible and get another curve as a backup?
    12-14-09 08:27 PM
    If the phone is out of warranty then its able to be replaced by insurance. Otherwise, there has to be some kind of physical/water damage or be lost/stolen. I'd say if you're willing to pay the deductible then go for it.
    12-14-09 08:59 PM
    Is it a recent model? perhaps pay the deductible and sell it on craigslist? Search on CL to see what others are going for?

Or, like you said, 50.00 to have a backup curve isn't a bad deal either.
    12-14-09 10:03 PM
    I think its a good idea to keep a backup. I'm thinking of getting a tour as a backup or a 8530

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 03:34 AM
    but id i get a new phone and the insurance I can get a new phone via insurance, correct?
    12-15-09 09:57 PM
    but id i get a new phone and the insurance I can get a new phone via insurance, correct?
    Correct. File a claim for the Curve and then you can have the replacement and your upgrade.

12-15-09 10:06 PM
    Wish my deductible was $50.
    12-15-09 10:28 PM
    Wish my deductible was $50.
    how much is your deductible?
    does it vary by phone?
    12-27-09 07:42 PM
    how much is your deductible?
    does it vary by phone?
    Newer accounts (sorry, I don't remember the exact date for cutoff) with WPP (Wireless Phone Protection) coverage on smartphones and blackberrys have an $80 deductible.

That said, I know from several of the higher ups at my call center that Verizon is actively looking for another company to provide WPP coverage and replace Asurion. As a customer, I am absolutely convinced that Asurion is staffed and run by the single largest group of idiots in the industry. As a CC Rep, I can't tell you how many times I have had to apologize to a customer for a malfunctioning replacement phone Asurion shipped them.

On the phone, I can't tell the customer that in my personal opinion, Asurion is run by double-digit IQ morons who hire moderately functional brain-damaged chimpanzees to pack and ship phones to customers.

If the next time I'm at work, supervisors were to walk around with whiteboards saying that Asurion has declared bankruptcy and that WPP is now covered by Company-X, give customers this ph# if they had a claim currently filed with Asurion... just about every rep at my call center would cheer.

Lockline was amazing. Sharp, professional customer service, never a problem with replacement equipment.

Since Asurion took over, every time I've filed a claim with them (that's 4 times now) I've had to get an average of 3 phones per claim before I had a functional, dependable device. Which is how I went from a Treo 600 to a Treo 755p over the last three years without purchasing a new device under contract from Verizon.
    12-27-09 08:07 PM
    my curve is giving me a problem, the receiver is not taking the charge. my contract is up but before i renew and possible get a droid or tour should i pay the deductible and get another curve as a backup?
    No.

12-27-09 09:45 PM
    that would be great is Verizon replaced using Asurion. When I sold Verizon, I had a customer bring in his insurance phone to be activated and it was a stolen phone. From Asurion. go figure.
    12-28-09 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD