Maybe somebody can answer this. I know that the phones you get through insurance are usually refurbished. I've only done it once a while back. I used the insurance to replace a regular samsung flip phone.

Now let say I get a new Storm. Then a month later it gets lost (not broken or stolen). I file a claim, get a new/refurbished Storm a couple days later. How about if I find my original Storm a couple weeks later? Am I allowed to put my number back into that phone? Or do they disable the ESN/PIN number and nobody can use it anymore?
    11-03-08 01:25 PM
    if you file a claim on a lost phone the ESN gets locked by asurion or whomever does the replacement. so if you find it it will have to be unlocked by the insurance company. you may be able to call them and tell them you found your old phone and ask if you can ship back the replacement. there is no way you or anyone will be able to activate your old one if the replacement is active without authorization from the insurance company.
    11-03-08 02:57 PM
    Well if I were to find my original phone, I wouldn't want to send the new one back to the insurance company. If I already paid $50, I would like to keep the new one also. Then I would be able to keep it as a backup or I could activate it on one of my other lines.
    11-03-08 03:33 PM
    Well if I were to find my original phone, I wouldn't want to send the new one back to the insurance company. If I already paid $50, I would like to keep the new one also. Then I would be able to keep it as a backup or I could activate it on one of my other lines.
    You won't be able to activate it. It is placed on a lost or stolen list by the insurance company that replaces it and the ESN is locked. The insurance company that replaces it is a 3rd party separate from Verizon. If you call Verizon to activate it or take it to a store they can't do it. The only chance if you find the old one is to call the insurance company that replaces it and see if they will let you send in the replacement and reactivate your old one. That is entirely up to them though because they are the only ones that can unlock it. They won't let you keep both of them.
    11-03-08 04:14 PM
    That's called cheating the system and you aren't the first to try and get a new blackberry for $50..
    11-04-08 07:09 PM
    LOL. You didn't have to say it that way. Cheating is a very nasty word. I'm just asking before anything.
    11-05-08 08:34 AM
    LOL. You didn't have to say it that way. Cheating is a very nasty word. I'm just asking before anything.
    But that is exactly what you are how to do!
    How do I get a new STORM for $50.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 08:58 AM
    But that is exactly what you are how to do!
    This is exactly why I hate SureType.
    11-05-08 09:25 AM
    haha, LOL. This is hilarious.
    11-05-08 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD