Okay well first let me start off by saying tat my mom, brother, and I have a plan in order to get me a Curve for $99.

My mom has the NE2, but she wants my brother's phone. My brother can't upgrade fora nother year or so, but he wants my current phone (Voyager). So the way we were going to do this was to get the Curve via my mom's NE2, my brother gives her his phone, and I give my brother my phone.

Well that was until yesterday. I pull my Voyager out of my pocket and the inside screen is CRACKED! I have no idea how it happend. But now since its cracked the whole plan is messed up!

So that brings me to the Title. I called insurance yesterday to file a claim and they said I can only file 2 claims per year. Now I KNOW this is not true because a few of my friends just suck with their phones and they lose them every few weeks/months. They, however, have used insurance EACH AND EVERY TIME.

So my question to you guys is, what do I have to do in order to get the claim without being only limited to 2 claims.
    08-08-08 01:08 PM
    You do nothing, or get a new phone in full......

That is they way it works.

Read the fine print on you Verizon Insurance!!!!!

• Premium: $4.99 per month per covered device.
    • Deductible: $50 non-refundable deductible per completed claim.
    • Claim Limits: 2 Claims in a 12-month period (In New York, 2 claim limit is per policy year) with an equipment maximum of $1500 per completed claim.
    • Asurion may fulfill claims with new or refurbished equipment. In general, claims are fulfilled with the same make and model you claim. If this is not possible, a like-kind make and model will be substituted. Color, feature and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
    • Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your coverage at any time and receive a pro-rated refund of your unused premium.
    08-08-08 01:18 PM
    I just pulled my policy out and it reads the same as the above.

I just can't see any insurance plan replacing a phone every few weeks/months like you said.
    08-08-08 02:38 PM
    I mean it happend lol. My friend in 1 year broke/lost his phone 15 times (hes the worst person ever with cells) - and Insurance sent him a new one EVERY time.
    08-08-08 03:21 PM
    Who does he have phone service with? So your friend claims he got a new phone on average of once a month and more than that in some months.

I am still finding this very hard to believe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 03:40 PM
    Who does he have phone service with? So your friend claims he got a new phone on average of once a month and more than that in some months.

I am still finding this very hard to believe

I'm also finding that hard to believe. Unless this guy is just telling you they replaced it through insurance. Asurion personally told me that I get 2 claims per year and that it will be a brand new Berry, not refurbished. I'm with Verizon.

08-08-08 03:46 PM
    I mean it happend lol. My friend in 1 year broke/lost his phone 15 times (hes the worst person ever with cells) - and Insurance sent him a new one EVERY time.
    Your friend is careless. If someone got into 15 car accidents in a year you wouldn't say they're bad with cars.

I've had a cellphone for 8 years now and never broken one. I can't even imagine going through one a month.

08-08-08 03:54 PM
    I've never had to use my insurance, lucky for me. Glad to her asurion will give new equipment not used/refurb. On VZW as well

08-08-08 11:46 PM
    I think 2 claims per year is sufficient, I cant see myself going through 3 phones in one year
    08-08-08 11:54 PM
    If I read the fine print correctly, USCC replacement under insurance is unlimited.
    08-09-08 01:28 AM
    If I read the fine print correctly, USCC replacement under insurance is unlimited.
    I just posted something related to this. I had my trackball pop out of my curve 8330. I went to the Verizon store, the guy at the counter looked up my info and told me he would just replace it right there and then. Turns out they were out of Curve 8330's so he tells me to call Verizon. Now I'm waiting to hear about paying a deductible, nothing. I got my new phone Friday and sent back my 2 month old Curve prepaid Fedex by Verizon. I do have the unlimited everything plan(s) and I was thinking it was because of that they didn't charge me a deductible. Now that I think about it, I've had Verizon since 2003, full insurance on every phone ever since, and have never had a claim. Maybe that's why? I can't tell and I don't care at this point. But it seemed oddly forgotten about.
    08-11-08 06:38 PM
    It really depends on who is doing your claim through asurian, every once in a while someone slips through the cracks and can get a third claim.
    08-11-08 07:19 PM
    Your screen wasn't cracked though. The trackball is much more likely to fall out on it's own as opposed to the screen just deciding to crack on it's own.

Your trackball issue was covered under warranty. Cracked screen is not.

08-11-08 07:40 PM
    I'm also finding that hard to believe. Unless this guy is just telling you they replaced it through insurance. Asurion personally told me that I get 2 claims per year and that it will be a brand new Berry, not refurbished. I'm with Verizon.

that's great to hear. I'd rather not get a refurb. I'm on the $4.99/mo plan with Asurion, but haven't filed just yet. Hoping for a miracle with my 1 week old BB curve that got dropped into a pool this weekend. Would it be better to just go to Verizon and file the claim there? or try to get an exchange? Or use the Asurion website? Thanks..
    08-11-08 07:49 PM
    Vatothe0 I thought the warranty was only 30 days? My curve was 2 and a half months old. I really should read the paperwork.

08-11-08 07:55 PM
    Okay well first let me start off by saying tat my mom, brother, and I have a plan in order to get me a Curve for $99.

My mom has the NE2, but she wants my brother's phone. My brother can't upgrade fora nother year or so, but he wants my current phone (Voyager). So the way we were going to do this was to get the Curve via my mom's NE2, my brother gives her his phone, and I give my brother my phone.

Well that was until yesterday. I pull my Voyager out of my pocket and the inside screen is CRACKED! I have no idea how it happend. But now since its cracked the whole plan is messed up!

So that brings me to the Title. I called insurance yesterday to file a claim and they said I can only file 2 claims per year. Now I KNOW this is not true because a few of my friends just suck with their phones and they lose them every few weeks/months. They, however, have used insurance EACH AND EVERY TIME.

So my question to you guys is, what do I have to do in order to get the claim without being only limited to 2 claims.
    If you have the New-Every-Two plan, and it's been 2 years, you should get the Curve for FREE. Definitely free online. In the store, you might be charged $70 with a mail-in $70 rebate. I did this last week. Doesn't matter who's phone is actually due for the upgrade. Just upgrade with whoever, and switch around the ESNs later at home. You can do this online easily. Just follow the directions. My family has someone eligible for a NE2 upgrade every several months, so it works out nicely for us. I'm waiting for a replacement 8330 Curve, and might get the pink one instead, now that it just came out on Verizon. I'll switch the ESN to my wife's phone number, and I'll activate her Treo on my number and wait for our next family upgrade which I think is in December. Who knows, the Javelin might be out by then!?
    08-11-08 07:57 PM
    Vatothe0 I thought the warranty was only 30 days? My curve was 2 and a half months old. I really should read the paperwork.

You have a manufacture warranty for 1 year after you buy the phone.

In addition, the $5.99 a month insurance from Verizon, extends the manufacture warranty for as long as you own the phone.
    08-11-08 10:10 PM
    Does anyone know if you were to claim a phone from losing it. And then a few weeks later you find it, would you be able to keep; or even use the one that was reportedly "lost"?
    09-18-08 07:07 PM
    The assumption that if it is lost and and insurance claim is put in, the Insurance Co. places the ESN on the lost and stolen list. Not sure if it can be removed., but in theroy if the phone is found, the ESN could be removed and the device used again
    09-18-08 08:00 PM
    Does anyone know if you were to claim a phone from losing it. And then a few weeks later you find it, would you be able to keep; or even use the one that was reportedly "lost"?
    I deal with this all the time. No you cannot use it if you do happen to find it-it is locked on the lost/stolen put on my assurion. The insurance company is the ONLY people that can remove it from the "list". If you do find it you can mail the "new" one back and I believe they will reimburse the deductible and reconnect the "old" phone. They had too much insurance fraud. They caught on....
    09-19-08 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD