So my friend is with Verizon and has an Incredible. She thought she lost it, filed an insurance claim, paid the 100 bucks, and got a new phone in the mail shortly. Yesterday she found the phone she lost. Can she sell the old phone? Will Verizon allow that?
    10-05-10 10:01 AM
    Verizon can't stop her from selling her phone. Whether Verizon will activate it on another account is the question. I'd be surprised if they would. Call Customer Service and ask.
    10-05-10 10:42 AM
    They would not stop you from selling the phone but if the phone is blocked as Lost/Stolen by Asurion, no one else would be able to activate the phone and Asurion will not unblock it, they will request that you send it to them.
    10-05-10 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the clarification, supermario. Given the number of "I bought this phone on ebay but my carrier says it's stolen." threads that we see, that's what I thought was the situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 11:50 AM
    Thanks guys.
    10-05-10 12:28 PM
    Verizon is great about the insurance, I'm happy to hear another case.

I've had 2 DOA phones
    One a 8530 and one a LG Ally.

The 8530 pissed me off and I threw it down an elevator shaft, the ally was returned safe and sound (albiet not working).

Not a peep from verizon for me blatantly smashing a phone that was dead. Due to being under 30 days my company didn't even have to pay for the insurance.

When I got another dead phone I sent it back insurance was credited.

Now i'm on my 3rd phone with them and hoping the dead phone era is over, but if it does pass on I have zero worries.
    10-05-10 03:22 PM
    Verizon is great about the insurance, I'm happy to hear another case.

I've had 2 DOA phones
    One a 8530 and one a LG Ally.

The 8530 pissed me off and I threw it down an elevator shaft, the ally was returned safe and sound (albiet not working).

Not a peep from verizon for me blatantly smashing a phone that was dead. Due to being under 30 days my company didn't even have to pay for the insurance.

When I got another dead phone I sent it back insurance was credited.

Now i'm on my 3rd phone with them and hoping the dead phone era is over, but if it does pass on I have zero worries.
    lol!!! never heard a story like that before
    10-05-10 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD