I recently bought a Storm from Ebay. I orginally had the Curve, and when I upgraded to the Curve I have been paying insurance on it every month. So I sold my curve and am now using the Storm I bought from Ebay....My question is if I need to do a claim on the Storm I purchased from Ebay will I be able to? Or do I need to call VZW and tell them I am now using the Storm. Thanks
    07-29-09 03:45 PM
    I think if you call and tell them you got the Storm, they will void the insurance, which means, you should stop paying it cause you probably won't be allowed to use it.
    07-29-09 03:49 PM
    since it is not a new device, I doubt the insurance will do you any good. I am sure the VZW reps on here will shed some light, but I think you are SOL if something goes wrong with your storm.
    07-29-09 03:49 PM
    Once you change phones to one that you didn't purchase new from VZW, your Asurion coverage is null & void - whether you tell them or not.

You cannot have insurance through the carrier - any carrier - for a used device or one bought outside of the authorized dealer/corp store network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 03:51 PM
    Once you change phones to one that you didn't purchase new from VZW, your Asurion coverage is null & void - whether you tell them or not.

You cannot have insurance through the carrier - any carrier - for a used device or one bought outside of the authorized dealer/corp store network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Pretty much how it works. And the dumb@ss thing about it is they continue to charge you then have to refund you. So, if you activate a "customer provided" phone make sure you aren't paying insurance becuase if it breaks they aren't going to replace it.
    07-30-09 07:14 AM
    i have actually filed a claim on a phone that i didnt purchase directly from the verizon store. I just couldnt provide them the date of purchase, but they helped me find it based on the ESN.

Maybe i just got lucky?
    07-30-09 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD