01-16-10 12:37 PM
32 12
tools
    I'm on the line with VZW (Storm) on exactly this issue. My phone rings 4 times and even before the 4th ring it rolls to voice mail. The elapsed time from first ring to roll over is 22 seconds (timed).

VZW basically says that it is not a parameter they can set, That the network folks have taken it over and that it is frozen in the system at what setting was set (someone I work with has a Moto Q that rings 6 times).

I have opened a trouble ticket as I believe 22 seconds do not make a minimum standard for answering a phone.
    This depends on which VM service you on. There is one that can be modified. the other has been locked by the vendor, not VZW.
    02-10-09 09:52 PM
    You can usually change the ring duration on any GSM phone using the following sequence:

* Status: *#61#[SEND] The status will report the delay (5, 10, 15.., up to 30) & the number where your calls are diverted if there is no answer.
    * Activate: **61*[number]**[delay]#[SEND] Use the number that was reported by the status & the delay can be set to (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30) seconds.
    * Cancel: ##61#[SEND]

[number] - usually the voice mail access number that is stored in the SIM card. If the status doesn't return you the number, just press your voicemail key and write down the number that it dials.
    This is the technique I've used successfully in the past with my AT&T phones. Worked with 3 different models.

My work has given me a Blackberry 8830 and I've tried finding the voicemail number it calls -- cannot locate it. When I call voicemail, the number that appears in my call log is my very own phone number.

I've looked everywhere and cannot locate it. Any ideas where I might find it?
    02-19-09 09:37 AM
    Tech support is usually the best bet for things like this.
    02-19-09 09:49 AM
    i had the same issue with my SPRINT, i contacted through the chat support and they weren't able to help me, then I contacted the 888 number and voila! as soon as i started talking they knew what it was about and they did it in seconds, then they even called twice, one to go to voice mail and make sure it rings enough and the other one to make sure i was pleased!
    Sprint is getting better at CS
    09-08-09 02:17 PM
    This is a verizon forum and a dead thread thanks!
    09-08-09 02:26 PM
    I contacted Telus and they told me they were not able to change the number of rings from the standard of 3 - which is not enough by the time I dig my phone out of my bag. They said only the corporate clients (businesses with over 100 phones) have the ability to modify this.
    Seem RIDICULOUS to me. I am going to contact other service providers (such as Rogers) and see what they say (not that it matters as I am under a 3 yr contract with Telus).
    FYI - I had the same problem but with anything between 3 and 4 rings depending on the ring tone. The rep started by telling me that there was not a way to change the number of rings before voicemail picks up but then put me on hold and came back with the following

He had me dial *945. *94 for the code to change the feature and 5 for the number of rings. Well as it turns out that was the wrong information. It still rang 4 times. Go figure! Telus rep need I say more! Anyway I found another post on the this forum and tried *94 for the feature change and then 40 for the number of seconds i want it to ring before Voicemail picks up and now my Storm 2 rings 10 times not 4 and it takes exactly 40 seconds before it goes to voicemail.

So in a nutshell *94XX (XX for the number of seconds you would like your phone to ring for before it voicemail picks up) works like a charm on Telus.
    Last edited by Digital Dave; 01-16-10 at 12:11 PM.
    01-16-10 12:08 PM
    The number of rings cannot be changed. All VM platforms were changged and can no longer modified like they use to be. Why this was done I have no idea. None the less it is a done deal
    01-16-10 12:37 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD