I have a family plan with one son. We both have BB 8330. My wife's contract ended with Sprint. She wanted to come over to Verizon and buy one Tour and get one free, the valid promotion right now. I also talked my other son to stay with Verizon and join our family plan. I would give him my 8330 and take the 'get one free' Tour from my wife being added on. Verizon said NO. They passed up bringing on another customer and lost another with their dumb decision on not allowing me an 'early upgrade'. Is there someone at Verizon that can make a decision 'out of the box'!
    08-20-09 02:06 PM
    I have a family plan with one son. We both have BB 8330. My wife's contract ended with Sprint. She wanted to come over to Verizon and buy one Tour and get one free, the valid promotion right now. I also talked my other son to stay with Verizon and join our family plan. I would give him my 8330 and take the 'get one free' Tour from my wife being added on. Verizon said NO. They passed up bringing on another customer and lost another with their dumb decision on not allowing me an 'early upgrade'. Is there someone at Verizon that can make a decision 'out of the box'!
    they both have to be eligible for an upgrade or there is no way to do it other than have your son that you talked into joining your family plan cancel his phone pay the etf and the rejoin, or you could add a blank like to the plan....but no there is no way to change the fact that your one son is with vzw, and you are going to assume liability of his line, if he is not eligible he will not be after that either.
    08-20-09 02:11 PM
    So you are upset because you arent eligible? Complete your contract and then you can get a new phone, just like everyone else.
    08-20-09 02:21 PM
    obviously, neither of you have owned your own business. The point here is that Verizon made a bad business decision, by losing customers. One who will go to AT&T after his contract runs out and the other will not goto Verizon because they will not validate their own promotion. It's not a matter of waiting to upgrade, it' matter of valuing your customers which they failed to do.
    08-20-09 02:32 PM
    obviously, neither of you have owned your own business. The point here is that Verizon made a bad business decision, by losing customers. One who will go to AT&T after his contract runs out and the other will not goto Verizon because they will not validate their own promotion. It's not a matter of waiting to upgrade, it' matter of valuing your customers which they failed to do.
    They will validate their promotion, but only if you meet the qualifications of that promotion, which you dont. I was not being rude but since you want to be rude, its amazing how many people come here and complain because they are not understanding the simplicity of qualifying for something.

And you failed to meet the contract requirements to be eligible to upgrade. I am done with this thread as I can already tell you are just going to go on and on. I was going to try and tell you some other options but figure it out yourself, or if you are that upset by something you dont qualify for. Leave VZW, pay the etf and go.
    08-20-09 02:34 PM
    the best way i have heard it explain to people is this:

Verizon doesnt have anything longer than 2 year contracts, so until you fulfill your first one(or at least 20 onths of it) you arent eligible to sign a new one,

The alternative is putting people on 4-6 year contracts.
    08-20-09 02:35 PM
    How long have you had your curve for? Verizon loses money when they give a new phone out. If you want to upgrade your phone more often than every 20 months get a 1 year contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 02:36 PM
    So then you will leave AT&T when you dont get your way there either? A "bad business decision" is making exceptions that cause the company to lose money. Phones cost money, they arent cheap.
    08-20-09 02:41 PM
    What business do you own - I'll come be your customer if you give me free stuff.
    08-20-09 02:42 PM
    Besides, Verizon IS thinking of their customers here. If they started just giving phones to anyone who asks for them the prices for everything else would sky rocket. There is a difference in valuing a customer and giving in to their every demand.

Could one of you reps answer this? If someone like this user, who is not eligible for upgrade on his line, paid full retail for a BB would the BOGO then be valid if he had a second line that was eligible?
    08-20-09 02:45 PM
    don't be ridiculous. phones are manufactured at the lowest cost. it doesn't cost much to produce a phone. I'm not trying to be a **** about this, I would just like businesses like Verizon and others to be able to think out of the box. Customers make them money, phones don't. You lose customers, you lose money.
    08-20-09 02:48 PM
    don't be ridiculous. phones are manufactured at the lowest cost. it doesn't cost much to produce a phone. I'm not trying to be a **** about this, I would just like businesses like Verizon and others to be able to think out of the box. Customers make them money, phones don't. You lose customers, you lose money.
    give away 600 dollar phones for free to every customer like you that thinks this is how it should work...lose company. And to the sjsjr, I dont know about that but I would believe you wouldnt want to do that as you will be paying 2-3 times as much for it that route.
    08-20-09 02:51 PM
    I wouldn't want to do it either jnepsa! I was looking for an alternative solution to this users problem. I did not think it would be the best solution but it beats complaining about not getting your way!

Verizon does not make phones. They have to buy them from manufacturers. So no matter how little it costs to make a phone the retail price is always higher in any business unless you buy from the factory.
    08-20-09 03:00 PM
    the 600 price tag is what you pay not what verizon pays. It really is simple economics. And, yes I have worked for free to customers who have become paying customers, sometimes you gotta give a little to get a lot. These large corporations have made a lot of 'sheeple'.
    08-20-09 03:06 PM
    I wouldn't want to do it either jnepsa! I was looking for an alternative solution to this users problem. I did not think it would be the best solution but it beats complaining about not getting your way!

Verizon does not make phones. They have to buy them from manufacturers. So no matter how little it costs to make a phone the retail price is always higher in any business unless you buy from the factory.
    you dont gotta yell at me lol jk, i didnt mean to sound harsh towards you if i did.

the 600 price tag is what you pay not what verizon pays. It really is simple economics. And, yes I have worked for free to customers who have become paying customers, sometimes you gotta give a little to get a lot. These large corporations have made a lot of 'sheeple'.
    your right vzw doesnt pay 600, but the do pay within 200 of that for that phone, and it is simple economics if vzw gave all their phones away for free, no matter how many customers they had, you wouldnt 'hear me now'
    08-20-09 03:09 PM
    If the phones are so cheap why don't you just go buy one on your own?

There is a website that tears now phones and reports the cost of all the parts. The storm and likely tour are about $200 in just parts.

08-20-09 03:15 PM
    you dont gotta yell at me lol jk, i didnt mean to sound harsh towards you if i did.
    Not yelling at all my friend. I was strenuously agreeing with your previous statement that paying retail to get the bogo would drive the cost way up.
    08-20-09 03:40 PM
    Do we really need more pointless "Verizon is screwing me by not letting me do the BOGO" threads?

People.....both phones have to go onto new lines or lines that are eligible to upgrade. And as far as "they should do it to keep the customer happy", if it's done for 1 person they it should be done for all. Not gonna happen. Verizon isn't in business to lose money. It's that simple.
    08-20-09 04:16 PM
    You sir are the one being ridiculous and childish. Do you really know how a corporation works? They arent "screwing" you, policies are set in place and 97% of customers accept that. Companies would fail left and right if there were rules and regulations set into place.
    08-20-09 09:02 PM
    In other words, ENTITLEMENT.
    08-20-09 10:48 PM
    It is better to lose a customer that costs more to maintain than they are worth. With your attitude, it doesn't sound like you'd be a customer worth keeping.

08-21-09 12:35 AM
    Yeah Verizon Wireless doesn't care about their customers - that's why they give ONLY $450 MILLION a year in credits. Ya know only like 10% is company error? The rest is customer appeasement.
    That doesn't fly. We make over $2 billion per quarter profit and that $450 million is retail and not cost. Net cost is south of $40 million per year in real credits with at least that much in credits owed due to company errir.

08-21-09 12:55 AM
    What business do you own - I'll come be your customer if you give me free stuff.
    I like a this a lot
    08-21-09 07:52 AM
    $450 Million is still reported as a loss and should have been profit. Doesn't matter how much it ACTUALLY costs the company. On paper it still looks bad. What's the point of doing business if you aren't maximizing potential profits.

Sorry - I didn't know we had an economist for VZW in the room.. Perhaps you should go edit the internal information to reflect the true score?
    It does matter when the internal reporting calculates the full retail price of a phone, say $500, but the customer returned a pair of phones they bought on a $99 BOGO.

The additional $901 was never charged, but calculated as a credit? It is a tax accounting issue. When you consider the corporate tax structure and rate, that additional write off actually makes the company money. Verizon bookkeeping also includes the cost of processing the credit. The call time, bill processing and more are all figured in.

The figure you choose to quote was intended for internal publication only and not for public release.

08-21-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD