Hey, everyone, well I'm new here. I am thinking of getting a blackberry for the very first time, and I have Verizon. So whats a good blackberry to get? I also wanted to ask no trying to upset anyone. Whats so special about a blackberry, how is it better than other smartphones. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it thank you in advance.
    05-26-11 02:31 PM
    Hey, everyone, well I'm new here. I am thinking of getting a blackberry for the very first time, and I have Verizon. So whats a good blackberry to get? I also wanted to ask no trying to upset anyone. Whats so special about a blackberry, how is it better than other smartphones. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it thank you in advance.
    Here's my opinion.... go to the store... check out some different phones, black berry, android, iphone etc. and see what you are comfortable with, then research....
    Nobody here can answer your questions because you haven't told us what your needs are. Do you actually require a smart phone? You looking for a full qwerty keyboard? Touchscreen? Email capabilities? Do you just talk and text? Do you required internet? The list goes on.
    05-26-11 03:17 PM
    Whats so special about a blackberry, how is it better than other smartphones.
    Every one of the current crop of smartphones has both good and bad sides. In my hands BB functions as a messaging machine. I use very little phone. The device must have a very functional keyboard for my use. Your needs may be different.

Like many will tell you, try different phones in the store. I have colleagues who love both Android and I-Phone. They do not suit my tastes or my uses. We are all very individual.

Best of luck.
    05-26-11 03:33 PM
    Oh ok thankyou I will try doing that going to the store. Well I want a blackberry as I heard very good things about them, but their are so many that I don't really know the diffreence. I would use it to talk,text,email, probably internet. Thank you for your help
    05-26-11 06:56 PM
    honestly i'd tell the guy at the store what you want out of a phone and kinda let him guide you. there might be a better phone out there than blackberry.

i'm not against BB, don't get me wrong. I had 5 of them, but after having an iphone, i don't think i could go back.

Just my 2 cents
    05-27-11 03:46 AM
    Like others said, check them out in the store...and know your priorities:

Just my opinions below...

BlackBerry Pros: Very good battery life, very reliable messaging/email, BlackBerry Messenger, plenty of applications, well built hardware, stable OS, easy multitasking, outstanding notifications, highly secure, lots of different "themes" provide some measure of customization
    BlackBerry Cons: The hardware is sometimes not able to efficiently handle the OS demands, emails are sometimes truncated, HTML is not rendered very well, the web-browser is web-kit based but it sucks, PIM integration is average, Facebook app is so-so

Android Pros: Highly customizable (even if you don't "root" it), if you have Gmail the email is excellent, tons of apps, built-in voice recognition is amazing, the browser is very good, native apps perform well, very good PIM integration, Facebook app is excellent
    Android Cons: Horrific battery life, multitasking not intuitive, OS is not always stable, Exchange Active Sync is hit-or-miss, security issues

webOS Pros: Very stable, very intuitive, easy set-up, very good PIM integration, browser is excellent, hardware handles tasks well, multitasking sets a whole new standard, excellent notifications, Facebook app is very good, definitely an underrated OS
    webOS Cons: Battery life is so-so, not very many apps, the IM client doesn't work with Yahoo! IM or WindowsLive, the hardware build quality may not feel stellar

iOS Pros: Highly stable, simple interface, tons of apps, decent multitasking, very good battery life (people like to knock on Apple/iPhone, but their sh!t works), Facebook app is excellent
    iOS Cons: Not easily customizable, jailbreaking can cause as many problems as it fixes, notifications are below average

WindowsPhone 7 Pros: Clean interface, intuitive, decent number of apps, redefines the segment of interfacing with the "cloud" for social and PIM integration
    WindowsPhone 7 Cons: No IM client, no tethering or hotspot ability, no multitasking, not much customization ability

It's different strokes for different folks...YMMV...but worth playing with them all if you're in the market for a smartphone.
    05-27-11 12:42 PM
    In BB, the web browser sucks but everything else seems okay. If you find a good Android handset that you can root and put a custom ROM on, you'll find battery life to improve tons. I haven't tried the iPhone yet as they are brand new to Verizon and I don't have a lot of money right now. But it may not be a bad way to go and I've learned typing on a keyboard on screen isn't as painful as it seems if you have the right keyboard and screen.
    05-27-11 01:13 PM
    i know my friend went from a BB to thunderbolt and she LOVES it. So there's a good example...
    05-27-11 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD