06-25-09 05:29 PM
93 1234
tools
    As if I don't get flamed already.

They're going to "roll on" me? As someone posted recently, many try, but get their lunch fed to them. I am a big (and old) boy - I believe I've proven myself to be thick-skinned & able to take care of myself.

This is a BlackBerry-centric site. It is not a BlackBerry only site. Hence the reason we have forums such as:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/
    -and-
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f21/

Plus, the forum admins have seen fit to do write-ups on devices like the Saga, Omnia, Pre & various HTC & Moto devices out on the portal page.

This forum is a carrier forum for Verizon Wireless - we talk all things VZW - including dumbphones, Verizon VoIP Hubs, Network Extenders, voicemail, vCast, WiFi, GPS and more. There are thousands of registered users who have non-RIM devices, who participate, but have no intention of ever owning a BlackBerry.

We also have a number of people who will blindly follow a brand, no matter what they offer or what their needs are. The BlackBerry community regularly slams iPhone/iPod devotees for their shortsightedness, yet is just as guilty as those Apple fans.

The BlackBerry community also proudly points out that the top three smartphones include Curve & Storm (along with iPhone). What they conveniently forget is all three of those are proprietary devices. You cannot get a Samsung running Apple or a Moto running BlackBerry. So the choices are limited for BlackBerry & iPhone fans. With all of the WinMo variants - it is an open-device platform - it isn't difficult to see why a WinMo phone isn't in the top 3.

I have been "online" since 1979. Not much about Internet gang-bangers, emboldened solely by anonymity, that I don't already know.

Go back & read the OP. Tell me how WinMo & the Saga (or other devices) might be excluded.

Thank you - it is nice to see not everyone goes around with blinders on - or as many like to overuse today, drank the Kool-Aid.

I drink Scotch whisky & iced tea. No Kool-Aid here.

I like to think that most people are interested in what is best for them as individuals and not as any mob or collective group. As an individual, you can make a difference & control your destiny. As a part of a group, you are a part of the collective & destined to follow; to be led around like bovine with a nose-ring.

If you love your BlackBerry, God bless you - your device does everything you want it to do. But don't sit there and claim it is the best or thw most capable at everything or anything, because there is always something that will be better or already is. If you want to defend RIM, please don't cry when they show you no loyalty.

Posted from a BlueBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you walked all over something that I wasn't even talking about...

I was talking directly about this comment

"I guess if one's definition of a phone is a device with a slow processor, tiny memory, mediocre voice quality, poor speakerphone and an insufficient browser, then I guess you might be correct."

which directly bashes blackberry no? on a blackberry site... if everyone here wishes to bash me because I was calling something bad about bashing blackberry devices feel free to do so. You don't see me saying that windows mobile wont be for someone else I describe the problems I have had with them simply supporting them... this is why I wont use one this is not why someone else wouldn't use them.

Also I want to say on a side note

Twin I really don't have anything personal against you. How long you have been on the internet means nothing to me. I have been around the block myself. Do I think I am the end all response heck no thats not what I am here for I don't need to prove myself to anyone here or anyone anywhere.

I actually like the discussions with you believe me its nothing personal nor am I trying to bash you in any way..

Some people just seem to take it the wrong way I guess

and you put grace to someone telling someone to throw themselves into a brick wall whats that tell me about you... sorry but by your responses you seem to want respect... its hard to give respect in that situation.

me for one like I said if people here don't like me its no sweat off my back. I try and help it may help some people and may not help others. I am not being paid to be here I do it for knowledge and enjoyment.
    Last edited by noaim; 05-20-09 at 04:41 PM.
    05-20-09 04:29 PM
    I don't belive I was too harsh.

you can think whatever you want, but i stand by my post.

telling someone to bash there head into a brick wall?

I mean seriously not harsh

I think you need a psychiatrist or some serious help anger management?

so stand by your post all you want you will be in jail and I wont.
    Last edited by noaim; 05-20-09 at 04:38 PM.
    05-20-09 04:31 PM
    which directly bashes blackberry no? on a blackberry site... if everyone here wishes to bash me because I was calling something bad about bashing blackberry devices feel free to do so. You don't see me saying that windows mobile wont be for someone else I describe the problems I have had with them simply supporting them... this is why I wont use one this is not why someone else wouldn't use them.
    Okay - I'll give you some of that. But remember that I was bashing a device or a choice of device and not any person. Still, we see people come to the VZW forums to bash VZW. What's wrong with some constructive criticism of RIM, especially if it helps someone make a good & informed decision?

If everyone goes solely by what people on a BlackBerry site said, they would think BlackBerry was the cat's meow in all ways imaginable. This is far from the truth.

One other thing (and you Sprint fans had better call Ripley's) - the Pre will cause more than a few BlackBerry fans to jump ship to Sprint. The Pre is that good.

05-20-09 04:36 PM
    telling someone to bash there head into a brick wall?

I mean seriously not harsh

I think you need a psychiatrist or some serious help anger management?

so stand by your post all you want you will be in jail and I wont.
    I don't think they send people to jail for that. But they might look at you for a white jacket if you were to follow through on his instruction. Yes it was a little bit harsh but what he said was reality. Most of us don't live and die by what rim chooses to feed us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 04:41 PM
    ...if you were to follow through on his instruction. Yes it was a little bit harsh but what he said...
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Thinkamp a she?

Or maybe I am thinking of someone else.

As you were.

Posted from my RaspBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 04:45 PM

As you were.

Don't know, don't care. He/she/it was right and I saw no problem with what he/she/it said. Was looking at the words and not for a date.

05-20-09 04:48 PM
    I don't think they send people to jail for that. But they might look at you for a white jacket if you were to follow through on his instruction. Yes it was a little bit harsh but what he said was reality. Most of us don't live and die by what rim chooses to feed us.

nor do I though. Currently blackberry's have my money if something proves to be better then it will have my money...

I just dont see where people think that I am completely blind to other technology.

I work in IT - at work we have nothing but windows/microsoft products. At home I use a mac. I have had a iPhone, I have had multiple pocket pc's (before smartphones) I have had palms

I have had 1 blackberry. I have worked on many smartphones for work blackberrys, windows mobile devices.

I used windows only up until about a year and a half ago when I got my mac.

I do not close my eyes to technology. I try hard to find what works for me and I have a right to tell people what has worked for me. I also feel that on a blackberry site where I come to enjoy chat about blackberrys I take offense to blackberry bashing... I dont go to a site about windows mobile phones and bash them... or the iPhone forum and what not...

sorry just a few more things I wanted to say

if mods or whatever need to delete my posts please feel free to do so..
    05-20-09 04:49 PM
    Okay - I'll give you some of that. But remember that I was bashing a device or a choice of device and not any person. Still, we see people come to the VZW forums to bash VZW. What's wrong with some constructive criticism of RIM, especially if it helps someone make a good & informed decision?

If everyone goes solely by what people on a BlackBerry site said, they would think BlackBerry was the cat's meow in all ways imaginable. This is far from the truth.

One other thing (and you Sprint fans had better call Ripley's) - the Pre will cause more than a few BlackBerry fans to jump ship to Sprint. The Pre is that good.

agree about the pre.. and I want you to read my previous post back there about how its nothing personal I actually enjoy hearing what you have to say. I think other people may see it as different then that but I wouldn't comment if I didn't read it and I also wouldn't read it if I didnt want to..

please read my other posts same thread
    05-20-09 04:51 PM
    Don't know, don't care. He/she/it was right and I saw no problem with what he/she/it said. Was looking at the words and not for a date.
    Fair enough - just checking.
    if mods or whatever need to delete my posts please feel free to do so..
    They will anyway - regardless of whether or not they have permission.

05-20-09 04:53 PM

As you were.

its hard to tell if someone is a female or male the name thinkamp doesn't really tell me its a female but if so I personally didn't mean anything by it if I called her/him the wrong sex
    05-20-09 04:57 PM
    And I thought the 2008 Presidential Race was intense!!!! You would think this site was run by Palestinians & Israeli's. I hope you guys don't have your addresses posted any where on this site. It's just a phone people. Go BB's & iPhones!
    05-20-09 05:04 PM
    And I thought the 2008 Presidential Race was intense!!!! You would think this site was run by Palestinians & Israeli's. I hope you guys don't have your addresses posted any where on this site. It's just a phone people. Go BB's & iPhones!

I really don't take it that seriously. That was my point previously. When I type it is not in ILL intention. I know none of these people and nothing is personal. I think sometimes that they think the opposite.
    05-20-09 05:05 PM
    its hard to tell if someone is a female or male the name thinkamp doesn't really tell me its a female but if so I personally didn't mean anything by it if I called her/him the wrong sex
    Hey now - I wasn't jumping on you. I was picking on Dog.

I can do that, since we break bread together semi-frequently.

Scrawled out on a fresh StrawBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:02 PM
    Hey now - I wasn't jumping on you. I was picking on Dog.

I can do that, since we break bread together semi-frequently.

Scrawled out on a fresh StrawBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I know just wanted to state the same as if I offended said user didn't mean to.

Especially by calling someone a male if they are a female and vise versa

it is all good cheers
    05-20-09 10:43 PM
    I know just wanted to state the same as if I offended said user didn't mean to.

Especially by calling someone a male if they are a female and vise versa

it is all good cheers
    Its probably okay either way. Thinkamp is usually rather easy-going, but can get cranky pretty quick... just like that guy in my mirror each morning.

Posted while drinking SherryBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 12:04 AM
    Just don't go calling people Mr. when they're a Ms. or vice versa in cover letters for jobs....

Already did that once....oops...though when you have a first name like Jodi...
    Last edited by niubeav; 05-21-09 at 12:09 AM.
    05-21-09 12:07 AM
    Just don't go calling people Mr. when they're a Ms. or vice versa in cover letters for jobs....

I would definitely assume someone with the name Jodi is a female..
    05-21-09 02:43 AM

Heh - that would be me. Answer the phone, "what can I do for you today, sir?"

Angry tone from other end...

"I AM NOT A SIR!"

In my mind, I contemplate how many steroids or testosterone she was hooked on...

05-21-09 04:19 AM

As you were.

Oh Twinz you are CORRECT! I am a female!

And as for Noaim...I guess I shouldn't of taken my cranky bad mood type of a morning out on you! Your post that I qouted in my "harsh" post for some reason just pi$$ed me off and I wanted to let someone have it! Sorry...and twins is right I am normally a very chill/easy going kind of GIRL!
    Last edited by thinkamp; 05-21-09 at 07:46 AM.
    05-21-09 07:41 AM
    I'd like to cast my .02 into this. As a former WinMo user, I finally switched to a Curve 8330 (Verizon) for two simple reasons: It is the defacto standard at our operations center, and BES doesn't care what sort of back end your mail is using. We use our Blackberry devices to keep track of our Network Monitor and Application Monitoring, along with corporate emails and keeping our response times up to date. One nasty thing about Windows Mobile is that supposed "features" get broken when updating. The major one that ended my Win Mo experience: moving to Exchange 2007 with OWA 2007, and discovering that doing so wasn't supported by Windows Mobile (can't pull emails via OWA anymore -- see Microsoft's KBs on this).

With BES, we can swap from Exchange to SendMail to whatever we wish and as long as we set the right configuration, the server could care less. Set it up and essentially walk away.

One other thing: Blackberry devices deployed in any corporate environment pose a risk in terms of data being taken via USB. For that reason, we block use of ANY USB device by domain users. And, the centralized management of BES allows tight control over Blackberry devices, which is essential in case of one being stolen, lost, or someone leaving the company who tries to divulge critical information -- a wipe is easily carried out and renders the device essentially useless. The very notion that you can sync easily via USB on a WinMo device is the exact reason we do NOT want them in a secure environment.
    05-21-09 03:10 PM
    I am getting the Curve and am very excited..if you do research you will see that it is one of the if not the best phone out!
    05-21-09 11:54 PM
    Oh Twinz you are CORRECT! I am a female!

And as for Noaim...I guess I shouldn't of taken my cranky bad mood type of a morning out on you! Your post that I qouted in my "harsh" post for some reason just pi$$ed me off and I wanted to let someone have it! Sorry...and twins is right I am normally a very chill/easy going kind of GIRL!

no need for a apology I dont get angry to often
    05-21-09 11:57 PM
    I'd like to cast my .02 into this. As a former WinMo user, I finally switched to a Curve 8330 (Verizon) for two simple reasons: It is the defacto standard at our operations center, and BES doesn't care what sort of back end your mail is using. We use our Blackberry devices to keep track of our Network Monitor and Application Monitoring, along with corporate emails and keeping our response times up to date. One nasty thing about Windows Mobile is that supposed "features" get broken when updating. The major one that ended my Win Mo experience: moving to Exchange 2007 with OWA 2007, and discovering that doing so wasn't supported by Windows Mobile (can't pull emails via OWA anymore -- see Microsoft's KBs on this).

With BES, we can swap from Exchange to SendMail to whatever we wish and as long as we set the right configuration, the server could care less. Set it up and essentially walk away.

One other thing: Blackberry devices deployed in any corporate environment pose a risk in terms of data being taken via USB. For that reason, we block use of ANY USB device by domain users. And, the centralized management of BES allows tight control over Blackberry devices, which is essential in case of one being stolen, lost, or someone leaving the company who tries to divulge critical information -- a wipe is easily carried out and renders the device essentially useless. The very notion that you can sync easily via USB on a WinMo device is the exact reason we do NOT want them in a secure environment.

and this hit it pretty much on the head for a ton of purpose behind why I am not a extremely huge fan on windows mobile..

I am in a IT department and I guess that can make me sometimes a bit biased.. but I wont deny it either.
    05-22-09 12:00 AM
    Hey guys - the OP isn't using BES, nor did he indicate a business need. I believe he even mentioned AOL Mail.

So ya, ya, ya - for business & IT, the BlackBerry is easier to implement & support - hence the reason I have a BES & BlackBerrys for my business. BUT, BlackBerry is still not a consumer-centric solution.

The iPhone is better for consumers. WinMo is better for advanced consumers & tech-types - those who want more than push email, a middle-of-the-road phone & a bare-bones browser experience.

Consumers tend to want a little more fun & versatility in their personal electronics.

Posted from a StrangeBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 03:03 AM
    Why should I have to sell you on the curve? Why ask people who don't really know your needs or wants in a phone? Go play with both and see wich one works best for you. We can't tell you what is best for you only you can decide which phone is best for you.

05-22-09 02:12 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD