Well everyone, I tried Sprint for about 3 weeks and after all is said and done it just didnt work for me. The service was kinda choppy in my area. And at my job(which is a 911 dispatch center) and my home i got almost no service whatsoever. I will say the messaging and data aspect worked perfectly fine though. So atleast i can say ii had an open mind about it. I tried to save myself a little bit of money but it wasnt all that much cheaper nor worth the sacrifice of good service. So, I am back as a VZW customer.

And to add one more thing. When i switched to Sprint i canceled my service and was billed the cancellation fee. Well today when i ported back i called CS and asked if there was anyway to be reimbursed for the cancellation fee and the reps response was " I will gladly credit you back for the cancellation!" So needless to say my first experience as a newly returning Verizon customer was one that made me extremely extremely happy! Good job VZW!!!!!
    05-13-09 05:53 PM
    Welcome back! Sprint doesnt give you 30 days to try out the network? I was a Sprint user for two years and their service only ever worked in big cities and on major highways, Im so glad I ditched that crappy company. Ive been with Verizon for 4.5 years and could not be happier!
    05-13-09 06:15 PM
    Well everyone, I tried Sprint for about 3 weeks and after all is said and done it just didnt work for me. The service was kinda choppy in my area. And at my job(which is a 911 dispatch center) and my home i got almost no service whatsoever. I will say the messaging and data aspect worked perfectly fine though. So atleast i can say ii had an open mind about it. I tried to save myself a little bit of money but it wasnt all that much cheaper nor worth the sacrifice of good service. So, I am back as a VZW customer.

And to add one more thing. When i switched to Sprint i canceled my service and was billed the cancellation fee. Well today when i ported back i called CS and asked if there was anyway to be reimbursed for the cancellation fee and the reps response was " I will gladly credit you back for the cancellation!" So needless to say my first experience as a newly returning Verizon customer was one that made me extremely extremely happy! Good job VZW!!!!!
    So Sprint Account service wouldn't adjust bill and throw free Air-rave your way?
    05-13-09 06:20 PM
    Yeah they do 30 day trials
    05-13-09 06:22 PM
    So Sprint Account service wouldn't adjust bill and throw free Air-rave your way?
    No. I told them about my issues and they never even mentioned the airrave once. They wouldnt credit my account the fees even after the sales rep insisted he processed it. They did however not charge me a restocking fee for either phone. So it balanced itself out with the activation fees. I have no hard feelings tho. I got to try it out. Im good with the whole situation.
    05-13-09 06:25 PM
    For work, home and between?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 06:25 PM
    No. I told them about my issues and they never even mentioned the airrave once. They wouldnt credit my account the fees even after the sales rep insisted he processed it. They did however not charge me a restocking fee for either phone. So it balanced itself out with the activation fees. I have no hard feelings tho. I got to try it out. Im good with the whole situation.
    Ouch ,I would of hit the road as well.

Im thinking it was your 8330 "M" having issues ,Theres thread im sure you came across in Sprint forums.They need to recall that device or kick rim in gear to release radio firmware update.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-13-09 at 06:41 PM.
    05-13-09 06:26 PM
    For work, home and between?

Cute but not funny.
    Don't make me throw up coverage maps again ,The last time you went into tail spin making every excuse known to man why it wasn't true lol
    hmmm it was fun though but what a waist of time getting you to except fact.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-13-09 at 06:35 PM.
    05-13-09 06:29 PM
    Be nice people
    05-13-09 06:49 PM
    Be nice people
    Fanboy I'm not ,I was showing support for your decision.
    If I didn't have good coverage in my area with no offer to Air-rave I would of bailed as well.
    hmm I think i would of bailed sooner due to 8330M performance lol

If they offered me free referb - 8330"E" with 1 month free service I might of stayed on.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-13-09 at 07:00 PM.
    05-13-09 06:54 PM
    Fanboy I'm not ,I was showing support for your decision.
    If I didn't have good coverage in my area with no offer to Air-rave I would of bailed as well.
    hmm I think i would of bailed sooner due to 8330M performance lol
    Lol i was just joshin! Yeah i think the 8330m part was a big factor in the service issues. They didnt really seem to care that i was having problems or that i was leaving. But its no biggie. I wasnt looking to get anything from them. I tried it and didnt like it so i left. Simple as that. Its nothing for me to get mad about or bash Sprint over. I just gotta go with whatever works best for me.
    05-13-09 07:00 PM
    Cute but not funny.
    Don't make me throw up coverage maps again ,The last time you went into tail spin making every excuse known to man why it wasn't true lol
    hmmm it was fun though but what a waist of time getting you to except fact.
    Don't throw up on yourself. Compared to Dad, you probably know as much about telecom as a goldfish.

On subject: Sprint has the highest churn rate and the highest new customer loss rate of the big four. I will have to dig up the wsj article on that from a couple months ago.

Last edited by DesertDogs; 05-13-09 at 07:03 PM.
    05-13-09 07:01 PM
    Don't throw up on yourself. Compared to Dad, you probably know about telecom as a goldfish.

On subject: Sprint has the highest churn rate and the highest new customer loss rate of the big four. I will have to dig up the wsj article on that from a couple months ago.

I was just chatting with X sprint customer I tried to help in Sprint forums..
    Twinx threw in his side kick and i replied back with mine..no big deal.
    When it comes to you digging up figures who cares lol..dig all you want ,Feel free turning this thread into fanboy...Keep in mind I will take pass on your attempt.
    No need to act like kids.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-13-09 at 07:52 PM.
    05-13-09 07:06 PM
    Lol i was just joshin! Yeah i think the 8330m part was a big factor in the service issues. They didnt really seem to care that i was having problems or that i was leaving. But its no biggie. I wasnt looking to get anything from them. I tried it and didnt like it so i left. Simple as that. Its nothing for me to get mad about or bash Sprint over. I just gotta go with whatever works best for me.
    If they screwed up my bill ,sold me crappy m ,no offer on Air-Rave hmm i would be raging.
    Many props to you for keeping it together.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-13-09 at 07:46 PM.
    05-13-09 07:12 PM
    Come on lets kiss n be nice and all of u go get a room?
    05-13-09 07:25 PM
    Come on lets kiss n be nice and all of u go get a room?
    yeah I agree.We all need to get along ,after all we are BB brothers..WM is are enemy.
    fdnj48 good luck my friend ,Verizon is a great company. If you wouldn't mind stopping into 8330M thread sharing your experience with device it would be much appreciated.

Laters
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-13-09 at 07:41 PM.
    05-13-09 07:36 PM
    I was just chatting with X sprint customer I tried to help in Sprint forums..
    Twinx threw in his side kick and i replied back with mine..no big deal.
    When it comes to you digging up figures who cares lol..dig all you want ,Feel free turning this thread into fanboy...Keep in mind I will take pass on your your attempt.
    No need to act like kids.
    I saw a simple question of your ludicrous statement about air cards. Same question I'd have had. Guy said he was having probs in more than one spot and your comment was of no help and Dad called you on it. He didn't call you names or anything. One simple question, and you show your insecurities by throwing up on yourself and trying to insult. Failed effort and I wouldn't be surprised if several people will be reporting your post. I quoted it so you can't play dumb by editing it.

I know I put no credibility in what you say.

Mods, please feel free to delete my responses to this guy. I wasted my time and net connection even engaging him and I apologize to the community as a whole. But I don't apologize to crap starters.

05-13-09 07:54 PM
    I saw a simple question of your ludicrous statement about air cards.
    Your confused.Air-Rave is not a Air card .
    Sprint to Introduce the Airave for Enhanced In-Home Coverage - Mobiledia

TwinsX made joke that fdnj48 would have to take it ever ware lol
    I got a chuckle then threw in one of mine and Twinx go around circle debates from a few months back.
    It was a funny thread to say the least lol..Anyway you then come out of left field making me your target and I declined.

So relax there Desert Dog ,What you thought was happening wasn't
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-13-09 at 08:32 PM.
    05-13-09 08:05 PM
    Jesus Christ! The simplest thread turns into a boxing match. Wtf is wrong with this place?
    05-13-09 08:44 PM
    Welcome back...
    05-13-09 08:51 PM
    Jesus Christ! The simplest thread turns into a boxing match. Wtf is wrong with this place?
    Memebrs are to quick to jump.
    Heck I insulted Sprint in this thread more then anyone and Im a Sprint customer...I also put in good words for Verizon.

Anyway im out before my kneecaps get broke lol
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-13-09 at 08:55 PM.
    05-13-09 08:52 PM
    the grass isnt greener on the side
    05-13-09 09:43 PM
    Welcome Back, Thanks for your business.
    05-15-09 02:42 AM
    Wecome back verizon i think is the best.
    05-16-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD