05-30-10 02:33 AM
41 12
tools
    From what I'm reading on here it looks like Sprint is the way to go. Doesn't Sprint have a 4g network? That would be another reason to switch.
    05-27-10 07:24 AM
    I'm always sad to see Sprint's quarterly report and the "More hemorrhaging customers" title that inevitably precedes it. Sprint is a pretty sweet company, and I've had great experience with their CSRs. Honestly, the only thing that keeps me away is the historically mediocre phone selection, though with the Evo and Bold 9650, things are looking a smidge better.
    That's because they can't keep people on the Nextel/Iden side of the things....Nextel is just a sinking ship...PTT just is not the massive drawl it once was...Plus Nextel/Iden cannot offer any of the cool and exciting things that 3 and 4G networks can...

Sprint needs to get rid of Nextel and you will see a much different quarterly report.
    05-27-10 10:13 AM
    I've been with AT&T for over 15 years now, since back in the day when you had to buy your phone outright & there were no free phones with a contract signing. I have always been extremely happy with my coverage, phones, and customer service. You'll find a lot of at&t bashing around here, but I've never had any problems with them. I agree with other posters, though, that coverage in your area should be your main concern. AT&T coverage around me (So Cal) has always been great. I've always had consistent bills as well-never any hidden fees, new charges, etc. Good luck!
    05-27-10 10:43 AM
    If I switch to Sprint, I should be able to take my current cell number with me, right?
    05-27-10 11:33 AM
    Yep, sure can, just tell them you'd like to port your number over. You'll need a copy of your bill and/or account, so they can enter all the proper info.
    05-27-10 12:34 PM
    My short list includes T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T.
    Sorry, I found that statement to be pretty funny.... Cause with verizon, those are the big four so there really wasn't any need to mention them lol.

But I will vouch for tmobile, prices are great and never had an issue with coverage in the last 7 years or so.
    05-27-10 12:58 PM
    Sprint.

BKVic
    05-27-10 01:14 PM
    I was leaning toward T-Mobile before I started this post. Now I'm leaning toward Sprint. And... Sprint has come out with the 9650 Bold while Verizon is still dragging its heels. And...Sprint has already leaked an OS upgrade for the 9650. So...what are the cons with switching to Sprint?
    05-27-10 08:03 PM
    I'd give up cell all together if I left VZW. No one else compares to the service.
    05-28-10 06:58 PM
    I have vzw I am thinking to switching to sprint and now came across this and now pretty sure I will be switching. I love vzw but me paying 200 bucks a month for three lines one is a blackberry where I can get unlimited everything and have all three lines smartphones for way less. I live in chicago so I can get all of the big four and be fine. My only concern is when I go on road trips vzw held up really well and hope sprint does to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 08:17 PM
    I'd give up cell all together if I left VZW. No one else compares to the service.
    That's where I happen to agree.

Most of my friends who left VZW for AT&T for the iPhone have all said their service reliability noticeably diminished when switching carriers. Another friend of mine left VZW for Sprint for the price. He lives in NYC and doesn't notice any problem while in and around NYC, but he does notice coverage issues when he goes to non-urban areas such as parts of Fairfield County, CT and upstate NY, with either limited coverage or roaming coverage. My friend who has the 8320 with T-Mobile has consistently moderate coverage, but will drop calls where Verizon won't.

Personally, I think you pay for the service, and while Verizon is more expensive, if you're used to Verizon coverage, you will notice the difference upon switching. If you can handle sub-par coverage for a better price, then switch away.
    05-28-10 08:56 PM
    All depends on your location, but if i was gonna leave Verizon i would probably go with Sprint. From what ive heard form friends that have Sprint they have great service and no complaints, plus its cheaper. But im not planning on leaving Verizon anytime soon.
    05-29-10 11:35 AM
    Lyls I PMed you about coverage with AT&T in SoCal I have a couple questions thanks.

also It kind of would depend in your area, I mean If I was on Verizon (which I probably never will be js) I would go to AT&T, if not AT&T then Sprint in my area at least.
    05-29-10 02:45 PM
    I've only ever had USCellular and it's great where I live have never had a dropped call and it work when I go back home out in the sticks.

I tried TMobile once but lost all coverage the minute I left town and no coverage the whole drive back home and none there either. Back to USC.
    05-29-10 03:36 PM
    T-Mobile, hands down.
    05-29-10 09:48 PM
    If I left Verizon for another carrier I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. The fast fading Alltel would be it. I don't want to deal with a store that uses a number system to keep order when business is brisk and then have a rep go to their pal who came in 20 minutes after I did. It happened to a friend who is a former Alltel customer but now is very pleased that he has better service (both phone and customer) and lower price for the plan they needed on Verizon. Yep. You read that right LOWER PRICE.
    Oh wait. I could go with Cricket! Yeah. Right! They do have 3G coverage where I live whereas ATT, Sprint, and TMo don't.
    Last edited by jahoobob; 05-30-10 at 02:36 AM.
    05-30-10 02:33 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD