View Poll Results: If You Couldn't Have Verizon Wireless, Who Would You Pick?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T

41 56.16%
  • Sprint

11 15.07%
  • T-Mobile

14 19.18%
  • Other

7 9.59%
05-31-09 10:47 AM
38 12
tools
    Who ever had a phone I thought was nice. Prices aren't really an issue for me sooo meeh. Only reason I'm on Verizon...girlfriend is too, gotta love using 50 minutes a month and ~6000 In calling minutes.
    05-30-09 02:20 AM
    I ask this question of myself sometimes for no particular reason. What triggered this newest round of thinking was a relative of mine signed over their VZW account to their employer, who then ported the number to AT&T (who held the business account) and gave her a BlackBerry.

Anyway...how about you...where would you go? If I had to pick, I think I would pick T-Mobile, as I've heard they have good customer service.
    oOOOH. Thats a gooood question...

hmmm... I would NEVER go to Sprint. I'd go back to landline first.
    Honestly... if I didnt have VZW... I'd probobly have AT&T. Mostly cause I worked for em for a couple years and I know the network and plans work in my area and the price plans are comparible. TMo dropps a lot of calls here.
    05-30-09 12:34 PM
    oh yeah... sides... if I didnt have VZW... I wouldnt be able to use 4500 m2m min a month!
    05-30-09 12:43 PM
    I would try hard to stay with vzw..... They were the only ones tht gave me a chance and I didn't have to pay a deposit for any of my 4 lines. Good lookn out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 01:46 PM
    I would rather go without a phone entirely. :0

(raving Big Red fangirl)
    05-30-09 02:16 PM
    I moved outside of the VZW home network almost five years ago, and I'm still a customer. Yeah, it sucks to have to drive an hour to update my PRL, and it sucks that I am dependent on Sprint's crappy service and therefore drop a lot of calls, and it sucks that I can't get a number local to my home, but it's worth it to me to keep reliable coverage nationwide, but especially in the boonies, where I spend a lot of my free time. I seriously considered Cingular/ATT when I moved, but I'm glad I didn't, because my company phone is ATT, and I'm not impressed with coverage or call quality. If I had to, I'd go with ATT, though, because of the Rollover minutes and the option of 7-7 nights instead of 9-6 (if they even still do that).

05-30-09 04:23 PM
    If I had to, I'd go with ATT, though, because of the Rollover minutes and the option of 7-7 nights instead of 9-6 (if they even still do that).

Now with 80 million people that are in and Friends and Family, you do not need roll over minutes. In my opinion, you have to save minutes, you are paying for a plan you do not need.
    05-30-09 04:30 PM
    AT&T, since everyone I call who isn't Verizon is AT&T...that and they have the Bold (which is SEXY).
    05-30-09 05:46 PM
    Easy answer for me, Verizon is not available here, and Sprint and Tmo have poor coverage in the area so not much of a choice if I want to use the phone that is

Julian
    05-30-09 06:49 PM
    I would probably try multiple carriers out to see which one works where I spend most of my time. So far Sprint and VZW are pretty crappy in my area.
    05-30-09 11:12 PM
    Now with 80 million people that are in and Friends and Family, you do not need roll over minutes. In my opinion, you have to save minutes, you are paying for a plan you do not need.
    80 million people, yet I because I live outside of the home network, I do not know one single person (except an uncle in Michigan whom I despise and would therefore never call, so he doesn't count) who has Big Red. For that matter, even when I did live in the home network, Verizon wasn't the most popular option in my town, so I only knew about five people. And I didn't want to up my price plan to get F&F. The extra money every month would not have been worth the benefit, as I rarely use all of my minutes and have no options for fewer minutes (I'm on Nationwide 450). However, I think it would be great to have access to those unused minutes during times of crisis, when I might be spending great, unplanned amounts of time on the phone (I recently just had this problem, and that bill stung).

OK, so that paragraph got away from me a bit. . I guess the upshot is that I'm not complaining -- I'm obviously still very satisfied with my service and support, or I wouldn't still be putting up with the random inconveniences after five years. I'm just saying that those options (M2M calling and F&F, while awesome by themselves, don't work for everyone.

05-31-09 09:20 AM
    I would go with AT&T because they are the second largest and have rollover.
    05-31-09 09:49 AM
    80 million people, yet I because I live outside of the home network, I do not know one single person (except an uncle in Michigan whom I despise and would therefore never call, so he doesn't count) who has Big Red. For that matter, even when I did live in the home network, Verizon wasn't the most popular option in my town, so I only knew about five people. And I didn't want to up my price plan to get F&F. The extra money every month would not have been worth the benefit, as I rarely use all of my minutes and have no options for fewer minutes (I'm on Nationwide 450). However, I think it would be great to have access to those unused minutes during times of crisis, when I might be spending great, unplanned amounts of time on the phone (I recently just had this problem, and that bill stung).

OK, so that paragraph got away from me a bit. . I guess the upshot is that I'm not complaining -- I'm obviously still very satisfied with my service and support, or I wouldn't still be putting up with the random inconveniences after five years. I'm just saying that those options (M2M calling and F&F, while awesome by themselves, don't work for everyone.

Exactly, but the same goes for Rollover. That option doesn't work for everyone.

Did you call customer service and explain to them why you went over? If it was more than $20 in overage, they may be able to cut a deal by pretending you were on a higher plan just for that month if you pay the difference in the plan cost. They've done this a couple times for my mom while my grandma was in the hospital. Don't yell or throw a stink to the rep though. If you're nice to them they're more likely to help you out.
    05-31-09 10:47 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD