View Poll Results: If You Couldn't Have Verizon Wireless, Who Would You Pick?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T

41 56.16%
  • Sprint

11 15.07%
  • T-Mobile

14 19.18%
  • Other

7 9.59%
05-31-09 11:47 AM
38 12
tools
    I ask this question of myself sometimes for no particular reason. What triggered this newest round of thinking was a relative of mine signed over their VZW account to their employer, who then ported the number to AT&T (who held the business account) and gave her a BlackBerry.

Anyway...how about you...where would you go? If I had to pick, I think I would pick T-Mobile, as I've heard they have good customer service.
    05-27-09 06:45 AM
    I would look at who has the best coverage in my area. Price and having a contract doesn't really mean anything to me anymore. Being able to make and receive calls is my biggest thing I look for. The phone part is my biggest priority. All the other things are just extra.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 07:16 AM
    AT&T, Their coverage is comparable to Verizon in the areas that I got to.
    05-27-09 07:23 AM
    Well for me vzw is not where I live but chose them anyway, the alternative would be us cell

05-27-09 07:25 AM
    t-mobile, i'm liking their blackberry lineup, and for the most part the coverage is decent where i live
    Last edited by redsoxrocker; 05-27-09 at 10:53 AM.
    05-27-09 10:11 AM
    AT&T. I would probably have them if they were in my area. I like the freedom of swapping sims and the endless supply of unlocked phones. I would still have VZ aircard for reliable data coverage tho.

05-27-09 10:21 AM
    AT&T probably. Coverage is better than T-Mobile and they have a greater selection of handsets and the price points are similar to Verizon. T-Mobile has some interesting features and they let you bring unlocked phones to their network, so they would be a close second.
    05-27-09 11:02 AM
    Customer service: Tmobile
    Coverage: AT&T
    Price only and I want to be abused: sprint

05-27-09 11:12 AM
    I would build my own Cell Phone Tower in my backyard because I would probably get better coverage, reception and service than with AT&T.
    05-27-09 11:16 AM
    For price I'd go with Sprint. For coverage I'd go with VZW. For phones I'd go with ATT. I'd never have Tmo.

05-27-09 11:29 AM
    I'd go for AT&T. My roommate has them and he gets pretty decent coverage in all of the places that I do and I like the Bold.
    05-27-09 11:47 AM
    AT&T because of coverage.
    05-27-09 11:48 AM
    Depends on where you are going. I.E. Fort AP Hill your choices of providers that actually work there are Sprint, Verizon, and Nextel. So taking Verizon out of the equation that leaves Sprint and Nextel(yes I know that they are the same company now, but they are still 2 different services). Go to Baltimore and all of the providers have coverage. As it has already been stated coverage where you are is more important that the phone lineup.
    05-27-09 12:02 PM
    I would go with att. They have great blackberries and they good coverage where I live. I like vzw for right now but I will switch when my contract is up.

05-27-09 12:02 PM
    Yep, I think Chrisy is right. Eventhough I hate the sound of GSM calls sometimes, I'd probably go that route also because of their bb lineup

05-27-09 12:07 PM
    I'd go with AT&T
    05-27-09 12:10 PM
    Do I have to play by the rules?
    Can I move somewhere else so I can still have VZW?
    Can I start my own company and name it Verizon Wireless?
    I'm equally dissatisfied with all of the other major carriers in my area.
    I'd probably just go back to sending smoke-signals.
    05-27-09 04:07 PM
    at&t would be my second choice with sprint as a close 3rd...

I need a phone that works where I go and verizon and at&t are the top 2 for that.
    05-27-09 04:44 PM
    My mother used to have AT&T. She would have full bars of service. Her phone would not ring. She would travel to FL where a coverage check indicated she had "best" coverage. Her phone would only work outside. She traveled to Italy and her phone did not work, despite activating global features. Before her next trip to Europe, we went to the AT&T store, explained what happened last time, and they assured us the phone would work. It did not.

Without a doubt, I would get T-Mobile. Their people in the store are so helpful and are extremely nice. They are very knowledgeable and they have NEVER knocked the phone I've been carrying. In fact, they always compliment my choice and ask why I'm in. I say I'm a phone addict and need to see what's out there. They say "well if you're interested, let us know and we'll help you."

T-Mobile 100% if I had to give up my network.
    05-27-09 05:59 PM
    I wanna know what the answer to this poll question would be in the other carrier forums. Are they as dedicated to their carriers as we are to vzw?
    05-27-09 07:35 PM
    Well I would be kind of screwed because AT&T and VZW(actually alltel) dominate my neck of the woods. There are Sprint and T-mo stores around, but nobody I know has them.

The reason I would be screwed is because I will NEVER go back to AT&T. They screwed me and my wife over 3 years ago over something that one of their "authorized retailers" screwed up. The AT&T rep even admitted that it wasn't our fault, but we were going to have to suffer the consequences........therefor I will use them for cell service again (its bad enough I'm stuck using them for home service).....
    05-28-09 12:04 AM
    Wow...clearly the guys who picked AT&T or T-Mobile have never used the service.

Just because they show you a cute little flyer with a lot of coloring simulating an area of coverage, doesn't mean the service is good. BY FAR AT&T and T-Mobile have the WORST service and DEFINITELY lie on those maps.
    05-28-09 12:09 AM
    Wow...clearly the guys who picked AT&T or T-Mobile have never used the service.

Just because they show you a cute little flyer with a lot of coloring simulating an area of coverage, doesn't mean the service is good. BY FAR AT&T and T-Mobile have the WORST service and DEFINITELY lie on those maps.
    thats the truth!

I would probably just get an iphone. I only use 150 minutes a month anyways.

I often wonder about leaving VZW when they fire me I and lose my 50% discount. I dont think I could do it. I would have to kick my family off my plan and make those fools start paying for their own phone service. Then I would go get a job at olive garden, work 2 weeks, get a pay stub and then have VZW add 20% off to my plan.
    05-28-09 12:45 AM
    T-Mobile works fine here in the Bay Area. That's who I have for my family phone service. I haven't seen much difference in the ATT and Verizon signal quality on our work stuff, but I have gotten a lot of complaints from people about ATT dropping calls. I don't use the phone much so its never really been an issue for me.

As far as customer service, at least for the Business CS, the difference between Verizon and ATT is like going to the Four Seasons vs. going to the DMV. I still can't believe how nice, helpful and quick they are at Verizon.
    05-28-09 01:23 AM
    As far as customer service, at least for the Business CS, the difference between Verizon and ATT is like going to the Four Seasons vs. going to the DMV. I still can't believe how nice, helpful and quick they are at Verizon.
    lol...I like that one.

Something about GSM just doesn't sit well with me...

"Hey what's CSSHHHH CSSSH tonight? I'm CSSHH CSSHHHH CSSSHSHS"
    05-28-09 02:19 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD