If I were to add a new line to our current family plan to get a phone at discounted pricing how soon could I cancel that line while keeping the phone. Is there a period of time you must wait before doing so? I believe the ETF is around $175?
    01-12-11 02:27 PM
    I work for Rogers in Canada. Im not sure how it works with your carrier but here it is $20.00 a month for every month left owing on the contract to a maximum of $400.00 ($500 if you have a voice and data plan).
    01-12-11 02:46 PM
    If I were to add a new line to our current family plan to get a phone at discounted pricing how soon could I cancel that line while keeping the phone. Is there a period of time you must wait before doing so? I believe the ETF is around $175?
    That depends on your particular family plan and when the contract on each line runs out.

For example, if the third line's contract expires this September, you can add the extra line now, do some ESN swaps, and cancel the third line once the contract expires in September.

It's fairly simple to do via My Verizon, but reps on the phone and in the store are readily able to help you do exactly what you're trying to do.
    01-12-11 04:39 PM
    Depends on the phone you are looking at on what the ETF is. If its a smartphone, its most like about $325-$350 . After you pay the sicounted price and the ETF, you might as well just bought one outright. The problem with canceling a different line, is you will lose that number. Once it canceled (not ported from a different carrier) it cannot be reused for 30 days.
    01-12-11 06:04 PM
    Thanks D2VW I was looking at a smartphone and do not want to lose my number so if the ETF for a brand new line is $325-$350 then it appears it is better to just pay full retail.
    01-12-11 07:20 PM
    You could add a line, switch the new phone to your existing line then activate a dumb phone on the new line and only pay an extra $10 for the 24 months. Or do a 1 year upgrade and pay the $10 for 12 months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD