So full well knowing that I was up for my NE2 I went to get my Tour yesterday. I had checked the date with customer service a few times in anticipation. Also I have 2 lines on my account.
    I go in and attempt to upgrade and I am told that I am not the primary line and can only get a $50.00 credit. I said my line was the only line for about 15 years and I added a line last year but would have had no reason to change it to the primary. He said that due to the plans I have the other line needs to be the primary so it can have the premium data plan (it's not a BB). I said I asked for the premium data plan but was not told that this change was needed to be made for me to have the plan. I alos said that I would ahve said no and asked that they switch it back theway it was and loosed the premium plan on the other line. They said they could but then neither one of us would be eligable for an NE2 upgrade until 1 year from today. I asked why becasue it made no sence to me, I was told that's the policy and all they could do.
    I spoke to a store manger and customer service manger and they were all very nice but apologized and said there was nothing they could do. One of them actually told me that because of the way it's currently set up I could leave Verizon for no exit fee at all. They actually offered me the option to go to another carrier! WTF kind of help is that. Obvioulsy they don't care the tiniest bit about customers that have been with them since they became Verizon.
    Well I got it anyway because there is no going with any other carrier in my area. At&t isn't as bad as it used to be in my area but it still isn't close to Verizon's coverage. I still got the $50 credit and the $70 rebate t send in but still. It has left a very bad taste in my mouth and as soon as another network's coverage rivals Verizon's I'm out!
    If any VZW reps would like store info as to where this happened feel free to PM me. I just can't believe they made a change to my account with out telling me. I was a huge VZW advocate for many years with little to no issues ever. Now, i can't wait until someone has coverage that is as good so I can get the **** out!
    07-14-09 01:41 PM
    Have you tried calling customer service, what did they explain to you on the phone? Were you eligible for $100 NE2 but then it got changed to $50 because you did a price plan change (new tier?). I think I would give you the $100 if you presented me with that situation. If you haven't upgraded and before you added the line you were eligible for a $100 NE2 and because of the line add (not an upgrade on your line) your ne2 dropped to $50 sounds like a system issue to me.
    07-14-09 01:55 PM
    Have you tried calling customer service, what did they explain to you on the phone? Were you eligible for $100 NE2 but then it got changed to $50 because you did a price plan change (new tier?). I think I would give you the $100 if you presented me with that situation. If you haven't upgraded and before you added the line you were eligible for a $100 NE2 and because of the line add (not an upgrade on your line) your ne2 dropped to $50 sounds like a system issue to me.
    Sounds like the primary was eligible for an annual upgrade, not a NE2. Especially if the rep said the NE2 date is 1 year from today.
    07-14-09 02:05 PM
    Well if you change primary lines, the NE2 date gets pushed because that line has to be on the primary line for 20 months in order to get a NE2. So even by switching primaries that would reset it.
    07-14-09 02:34 PM
    I apologize, in my ranting I forgot to mention that originally when I added the line (just over a year ago) I had an LG Voyager with the premium plan not a Blackberry. The added line to my all ready existing premium plan was another LG . I don't have the dates in front of me but when I added the line I had all ready been using the Voyager on the premium plan for about a year. June 18th was when my 2 year contract was up.

When I (as the primary) switched to a Blackbery plan (prior to my upgrade date by about 6 months, I bought a Curve off of ebay) the Premium plan offered was no longer available to a secondary line if the primary didn't have it as well. The VZW rep changed the secondary line to the primary so it would be able to keep the Premium Plan. That's where the problem started. He didn't tell me he needed to do that, he just did it. I would have said no, get rid of the premium plan and keep the Blackbery as the primary.

Yesterday while I was at the store for the upgrade I did speak with customer service on the phone and they said the same thing that the rep and store manger told me. There was nothing that they can do because as far as they're concerned the change would not have been made with out my concent.
    I tried to tell them that I did not give the OK to do that but they said at this point there is nothing we can do.
    After they told me about leaving Verizon with no exit fee is when I gave up because I am not willing to leave Verizon as their service is so much better in my area and I can't even remember the last time I dropped a call or lost service. Also if they were willing to loose 2 customers they definitely weren't planning on doing right by me and giving me my $100. credit.
    I plan to call customer service again to see if there is anything they can do now that I have gone through with the upgrade and they all ready have my money.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I should go about this I would really appreciate it. Really, all I want is the $50 I would have gotten towards my upgrade had that change never been made.
    07-14-09 04:09 PM
    I apologize, in my ranting I forgot to mention that originally when I added the line (just over a year ago) I had an LG Voyager with the premium plan not a Blackberry. The added line to my all ready existing premium plan was another LG . I don't have the dates in front of me but when I added the line I had all ready been using the Voyager on the premium plan for about a year. June 18th was when my 2 year contract was up.

When I (as the primary) switched to a Blackbery plan (prior to my upgrade date by about 6 months, I bought a Curve off of ebay) the Premium plan offered was no longer available to a secondary line if the primary didn't have it as well. The VZW rep changed the secondary line to the primary so it would be able to keep the Premium Plan. That's where the problem started. He didn't tell me he needed to do that, he just did it. I would have said no, get rid of the premium plan and keep the Blackbery as the primary.

Yesterday while I was at the store for the upgrade I did speak with customer service on the phone and they said the same thing that the rep and store manger told me. There was nothing that they can do because as far as they're concerned the change would not have been made with out my concent.
    I tried to tell them that I did not give the OK to do that but they said at this point there is nothing we can do.
    After they told me about leaving Verizon with no exit fee is when I gave up because I am not willing to leave Verizon as their service is so much better in my area and I can't even remember the last time I dropped a call or lost service. Also if they were willing to loose 2 customers they definitely weren't planning on doing right by me and giving me my $100. credit.
    I plan to call customer service again to see if there is anything they can do now that I have gone through with the upgrade and they all ready have my money.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I should go about this I would really appreciate it. Really, all I want is the $50 I would have gotten towards my upgrade had that change never been made.
    This makes a little more sense now. I'd give customer service a call and see if they can help. Things like this aren't usually handled at the store level, but CS can do things the stores can't.
    07-14-09 04:25 PM
    So you were eligible for a $100 NE2 but due to a price plan change it dropped you down to $50 because that's the new tier? Is that what I'm getting out of this?
    07-14-09 04:34 PM
    It sounds like he switched primary lines on the account and in doing so, reduced his NE2 to $50 and prolly reset his NE2 dates as well.

I always warn customers when they call in about the primary line upgrades that swapping lines will reset the upgrade dates. Best thing to do is to switch them right after an upgrade.

We need to do a better job disclosing this before we make changes apparently.
    07-14-09 06:51 PM
    I don't get it...when a change is made on the account, the customer is mailed a confirmation stating exactly what was changed....also, the changes would have shown up on the bill.

Sounds like another case of someone not keeping track of their own affairs.
    07-14-09 09:54 PM
    Wow, Im confused as heck. Under what circumstances will the primary line be switched? I have never even heard of this happening before.
    07-14-09 10:20 PM
    Hmmm... When/why are some folks mentioning $50 and other mentioning $100 for the ne2??? Are there different status programs for different users? I thought I had gotten $100 off my 8830 when I purchased it since I was told I was definitely entitled to an upgrade (I stuck with whatever for quite a while back then). But I believe I am now only entitled to $50.

I can understand the OP's issues - they do not make this very clear.
    07-15-09 12:12 AM
    I read a thread or 2 around here where people posted on planetfeedback.com and got calls from VZW reps. Might be worth a shot...
    07-15-09 12:25 AM
    When I added my brother on to my plan, back in Dec, they mistakenly made his number the primary and my number the secondary. They didn't tell me, but I look over every bill to make sure things are correct and check my account online, frequently, for errors, as well. I noticed the problem within the 1st couple weeks, called right away and got it fixed, with no issues.

My NE2 wasn't changed, and they even gave me a small credit for the trouble, which I didn't know about until the next bill.

It sounds like the OP doesn't review his bills completely, or he would've noticed the mistake within the 1st month. It sounds like he went 6 months with the change and never noticed. Sorry to say, and no offense, but after a few months, its your fault for not noticing and not reviewing your bills.

Lesson learned, perhaps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 03:42 AM
    I had this problem as an employee, but kinda different. I had a premium plan with a Voyager, and my line was the primary. The primary line on a premium plan MUST be premium capable and have all the premium features, so when I got my BB, I had to switch to a secondary line and make a different line primary so my line could just have the Select features and the other line could have the Premium features. Even though I stayed on the same minute plan, and didn't go over my alotted 700 minutes, it cut my minutes for the month and in the first half of the month, I went over my prorated amount of minutes. And they refused to give me a credit. $25 in overage, and I didn't have a choice in the matter. I had to change, but they wouldn't hear it. I friggin hate employee accounts. "Oh, we don't do any credits for employees at all unless you go to the higher minute plan." Thanks, dude. Thanks.

But I digress... That's what you had to do when you got your BB and that's what messed up your NE2, right?? I feel your pain.
    07-15-09 07:48 PM
    It sounds like he switched primary lines on the account and in doing so, reduced his NE2 to $50 and prolly reset his NE2 dates as well.

I always warn customers when they call in about the primary line upgrades that swapping lines will reset the upgrade dates. Best thing to do is to switch them right after an upgrade.

We need to do a better job disclosing this before we make changes apparently.
    The CSR I spoke with said the same thing but more or less stated that the problem is with the explinations given while in store.
    I think that may have been a shot at the in store reps with out actually out right saying they need to do a better job.

My apologies for not getting back on here until now.

To address everyone saying I should have simply paid more attention...
    Yes, I should have, it was my fault for trusting that a change I did not request would not be made.

I just got a call back from customer service this morning. They explained everything as far as a standard upgrade and a NE2 upgrade and the differences between them along with what constitutes getting the NE2 apposed to a standard upgrade. He also apoligized that I was never informed of the change. He said that I should have been notified and they have no record of me being notified of the change. Not sure if he meant he dosen't see a record of it or that they wouldn't have a record of it. Regardless he agreed I should have been notified.

Per many of the comments here I accepted the blame for not paying attention and he (Very friendly and helpful CSR) said all though I should keep an eye on all bills in general for discrepancies he would feel the same way, that I shouldn't have to check to make sure changes I did not ask for where not made. Specially since something like this effects the entire plan and I should have recieved notifications.
    In the end he apologized, put me on hold for a few minutes and I will now be recieving a $50.00 credit on my next bill to make up for the $50.00 I lost in the mix up.

Regardless if I am in the wrong here for not paying attention I don't think it was a big deal for Verizon to make good on what I saw as a problem on their end. I just don't see why they couldn't have explained it as clearly in store and also made good on the NE2 credit that I should have gotten.
    I do understand that an instore sales rep may not have the same ability to give credit as an over the phone rep but I did speak to a store manager and I am a bit surprised (specailly now seeing as how painless and quickly this was taken care of over the phone) that he, the store manger could not help me or explain it properly.
    07-17-09 12:29 PM
    I had a terrible experience going to a corporate store when I went to get my Tour on release date, deal with customer service, they have more "pull" than the corporate stores. CS took great care of me and overnighted my Tour, the corporate store did not show records of me being eligible for an early upgrade, CS did and put a note in my account saying I was eligible, CS cannot force a store to honor this is what I was told. The store manager would not honor my early upgrade, I belive the reason is they would not make commission on the device. After telling the store manager when he can shove it, I called CS back and had my Tour two days later...
    07-17-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD