I currently have a 9650 and its starting to crap out on me... i've already gotten it replaced with a refurb since I have insurance and yet it has since been a nightmare in some cases. For instance the performance on the device has gotten EXTREMELY slow despite multiple battery pulls, device memory clearings, and application reloading... Additionally now the phone will randomly restart anywhere at any time without warning. It may occur every 3-4 hours or it may occur sometimes three times in an hour... Its starting to drive me crazy... I want to wait for the new Apple device but since I've been sitting on an upgrade for over 7-8 months now, I'm wondering if there is ANYTHING i can do to get the iphone and not use my upgrade...

Any suggestions? I know its a stretch but if anyone has success please feel free to slide me a few nuggets of info.

Thanks CB Nation...
    07-15-11 11:11 PM
    First off, you should update your OS if you haven't already.
    Second, the only way you could do that is if you purchased an iPhone online (Craigslist, eBay or Crackberry).
    You'd have your iPhone and your upgrade available.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 07-15-11 at 11:19 PM.
    07-15-11 11:17 PM
    First off, you should update your OS if you haven't already.
    Second, the only way you could do that is if you purchased an iPhone online (Craigslist, eBay or Crackberry).
    You'd have your iPhone and your upgrade available.
    I've updated the OS as far as I can go with official releases...

and is that the ONLY way to get the iphone w/o VZW sliding me one?
    07-15-11 11:25 PM
    I've updated the OS as far as I can go with official releases...

and is that the ONLY way to get the iphone w/o VZW sliding me one?
    Verizon probably will never "slide" you a free or discounted iPhone.
    So your only way to get one is to purchase one or use your upgrade.

You can go into a corporate store and talk to a representative there.
    But they'll probably just tell you have an upgrade and make you use that.
    07-15-11 11:29 PM
    I was able to replace a Droid 1 with the phone of my choice in the middle of my contract but it took five replacements first. Also I found myself spending more time on the phone than it was economically worth. In the long run it would have been much easier and less expensive not to mention less aggravating
    to just pick up a phone on Craigslist or Ebay.
    07-16-11 02:13 PM
    any other opinions/suggestions?

Thanks for those already listed.
    07-16-11 09:51 PM
    any other opinions/suggestions?

Thanks for those already listed.
    To get a free iPhone? No. Pay for it like everyone else.
    07-16-11 10:02 PM
    I did this yesterday... Craigslist is the way to go.... found a steal of an almost brand new iPhone (used for 3 weeks) for 275..... Clean ESN, no water damage, and works perfect
    07-21-11 08:16 AM
    Verizon USED to have the policy to allow a customer in good standing to switch to another phone of equal value/features if you had a certain number of replacements. It was called the multi-fru policy. Due to policy changes (abuse) that particular policy was discontinued. There is NO way Verizon will budge and send you an iPhone. If they were to send you another phone it would be like a new Curve 3G. A BB and the iPhone are not comparable in features.

I recommend you either buy one at full retail or CL.

There is one work around but takes a lot of work on your part and may not be worth it for the new iPhone. You can open a new line of service. Get an iPhone. Do an AOL (assumption of liability) on it and transfer it to a friend. Keep the iPhone. Give your friend 175 to cancel the line. Why 175 and not the 350...well when a contract has more than 12 months on it and there is an AOL done, it automatically goes down to a 12 month contract. So you can have a 16GB iPhone for 375 or a 32 for 475. BUT, here is the warning: you will not have any warranty coverage, including the first year. When you do an AOL it voids the manufacture's warranty.
    07-23-11 05:02 PM
    I was close to my new every two and was switching from a BB Storm 2. I called customer service and the loyalty department and told them I was interested in the IPhone 4. Apple does not allow Verizon to negotiate on the price of the phones is what I was told by the Verizon people. So what they did for me instead was give me a credit of $90 on my bill but had to charge me the full $299 price for the phone. So since my new every two credit was only $50 I figured I got more than I bargained for. Give them a call and talk to them. The only thing I recommend is if you don't like what they tell you the first time, give it an hour or so and call back and talk to someone else. **** they have call centers all across the country and depending on who you talk to they may hook you up.
    07-31-11 07:18 PM
    They would not hook him up with no free iPhone, especially if he doesn't want to use an upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 11:21 PM
    Stop thinking that you deserve something for nothing. Pay up like everyone else.

08-01-11 08:23 AM
    Buying a used iphone4 is your best option, UNLESS you don't mind living with the i4 for 20 months, OR nursing your 9650 for another couple months until the i5. Or maybe you'll give the 9930, or 9850 a look? Anyways, stop dreaming Verizon does not give away iphones. They WILL give you a good price if you lock in to a contract, but forget about anything else special.
    08-01-11 01:15 PM
    Keep checking craigslist man. If you are patient you'll find one pretty cheap. I just bought a 32gb for my wife for $300. good deals are out there. Just keep an eye out.

08-01-11 06:06 PM
    I never said anything about getting him a free iPhone or that I got a free iPhone.
    08-01-11 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD