Hey,

I'm currently living in NJ, with my family, and we're on a family plan.

I got a new job and I'm moving to Austin, TX. Can I stay on that same family plan? Or will I need to branch off?

Thanks!!
    04-22-10 02:21 PM
    yes you can. The monthly bill will still go to the address on file, which you can change to where you are moving if you want. And your area code will remain the same unless you change your home location.

My fiance did this when she moved while on her parents plan.
    04-22-10 02:54 PM
    i am sure they don't need to change their address as its easier to have mom and or dad pay the bill if it goes to them directly
    04-22-10 03:01 PM
    This is true. Then the only thing he needs to worry about is if he doesn't mind having an out of state area code. In the past that meant dialing a long distance number, but todays cell phones and VOIP service, long distance is free.
    04-22-10 03:05 PM
    I currently live in MA but will be moving to NY soon. Do I have to change my phone number when my billing address changes, or can I keep the same number?
    04-22-10 07:00 PM
    I currently live in MA but will be moving to NY soon. Do I have to change my phone number when my billing address changes, or can I keep the same number?
    You can keep your same number.
    04-22-10 07:05 PM
    thanks guys
    04-22-10 08:19 PM
    yes you can.
    04-29-10 09:08 AM
    I can see why some say that landlines are doomed. Landline phones seem to be an unknown concept among college students. They just consider phone numbers to be 10 digits and update the contact list in their cell phones appropriately, without regard to what the local area code happens to be. And when they leave college, this just continues. At least that is the case for my kids.
    04-29-10 03:03 PM
    This is true. Then the only thing he needs to worry about is if he doesn't mind having an out of state area code. In the past that meant dialing a long distance number, but todays cell phones and VOIP service, long distance is free.
    i have this situation. i have an AZ number and have lived in FL 10 years. Most that i know use cell phones so it's not an issue. My mom doesn't have one, and she calls me from work and they don't have LD on their landline. That's why i got a Google Voice number and made it local to FL. Just a suggestion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 03:08 PM
    Interesting that many keep the same area code / number after relocating to a different area.

Question - do you ever have any issues with local businesses returning calls? I realize that many are on Voip but still a lot of traditional landlines out there. Just curious as I have always just gotten a new local number for my mobile when relocating.
    04-30-10 04:19 PM
    i've never had an issue in 9+ years with local businesses returning calls. My doctor, car dealership, humane society, Blockbuster, etc have all gotten ahold of me over the years and never mentioned my out of state number. i think most business land lines have long distance included. Florida has many out of state seasonal visitors so maybe it's more common here.
    Like i said you can get a GV local # and it will ring your cell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD