who is on a different account would she be able to get insurance on it?... I currently have insurance on my tour and I don't want to give it to get unless she could get insurance on it..
    11-03-09 10:53 PM
    I would imagine it would transfer over because that would stay on the phone, not the account. Now if she wants to cancel the insurance, that's her perogative.
    11-03-09 10:55 PM
    Um, no - insurance is only for the original purchaser on the original account.

Giving the girlfriend your Tour? Want a new girl, do ya?
    11-03-09 11:07 PM
    Wouldn't that tie into the phone and not the plan? Kind of like an AOL was done on the phone and it keeps the features and whatnot?
    11-03-09 11:21 PM
    No - the stipulation is that it must be a new phone within 30 days of initiating a new contract.

It used to be 15 days & might have returned to 15 days after a promo - I don't know, because I don't keep close tabs on ripoff products/services. I simply avoid them like the plague.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 11:26 PM
    Twins is correct, you can only insure the phone if you purchase it, since she is not purchasing it, or even if she purchases it from you, its still not VZW and still not allowed to have WPP added. Sorry.....hope she's good to the phone.
    11-03-09 11:52 PM
    Hm. I always thought that the insurance was a feature that you can just add to the line. It takes a couple of months for you to pay enough into it before you use it though. Guess I was wrong?
    11-04-09 06:02 AM
    Yeah insurance has to be added within the first 30 days of the account. Reason being you can buy a trashed tour on ebay for 50 bucks add insurance pay the 89.99 deduct and you're in business. So yeah they like to prevent that.
    11-04-09 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD