Will I be able to sell the phone and use the money to pay off the bill ? I just want to make sure verizon doesnt issue some type of block to keep the phone from being used?
    07-02-10 04:58 PM
    The phone is yours. As long as you pay the bill you'll be able to do whatever you want to with it.
    07-02-10 05:22 PM
    If you are going to break your contract and are using a smartphone I would highly recommend finding a non smart phone that can be used on vzw activate that then cancel your service. The cancel fee for a smartphone is alot more than a non smart phone.
    07-02-10 05:23 PM
    The above statement is true, as long as your not within your initial 30 days. If you are inside of this timeframe, you have to return the device, or you will be charged full retail pricing of the device.
    07-02-10 05:23 PM
    The ETF for a normal phone is $175 and a smartphone is $350.
    07-02-10 06:07 PM
    A few things to keep in mind.

1. You will have to pay the ETF in accordance with the device you signed a contract for. Activating a non-smartphone will not change the ETF obligation. The amount of the ETF is dependent upon when you entered into your current contract and how long you have been on that contract.

2. Your device will not be released from your account until the end of the billing period in which you cancel. This means that the person to whom you may sell the device will not be able to activate it until after the end of your billing period.
    07-02-10 07:13 PM
    Activating a non-smartphone will free the ESN so he can sell the smartphone though.
    07-02-10 07:27 PM
    If you are going to break your contract and are using a smartphone I would highly recommend finding a non smart phone that can be used on vzw activate that then cancel your service. The cancel fee for a smartphone is alot more than a non smart phone.
    The ETF will still be $350 due to the contract started with a smart phone. Just because you change the phone, the ETF won't change.
    07-03-10 01:28 AM
    You really think changing the phone changes the ETF? HAHAHAHAHA!

07-03-10 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD