I'm ready to go but at the start because of bad credit I couldn't qualify for service with them until I pay a mandatory $400 opening fee to start service with Verizon and then I would still need to pay the cost of the phone under contract if I want a flagship Blackberry I find it funny I don't need to pay this fee at all if I go for a verizon prepay or low end phone. I was assured that the money would be returned to me after 1 or 2 years of being under contract with them. It just seemed like a slap in the face to me. Is there any other way? I was told No.
    04-03-13 07:29 AM
    Find a family member or really close friend who already has an account and see if you can get added to it.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:39 AM
    Just buy it off contract i would say. I got the same problem here with my carriere in the Netherlands so bought it off contract unlocked from UK when it wasn't avaible here.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:41 AM
    Yeah its a thought but all my family is on At&t so I couldn't but as I said I do want to switch I am saving up for it. I just hope it's worth all the trouble. I'm putting all my money in monthly installments on a Verizon gift card and when I reach the magic number I'll use it.
    Affie36 and ibbyj like this.
    04-03-13 07:48 AM
    If you're going to pay that much you should buy it out right and not worry about a contract. With tax its only $20 more and you're not locked in.

Posted via CB10
    FASHER and ibbyj like this.
    04-03-13 08:13 AM
    Yeah I would say buy it off contract because that's ridiculous. Now here is a thought though and maybe someone can answer it, would being on a vzw monthly plan under contract raise your credit? Because if that's the case I would say if you want to boost your credit do that. But I'm not sure if it will. But if you do that, DO NOT miss a single payment until you get your money back.
    04-03-13 02:05 PM
    Yeah I would say buy it off contract because that's ridiculous. Now here is a thought though and maybe someone can answer it, would being on a vzw monthly plan under contract raise your credit? Because if that's the case I would say if you want to boost your credit do that. But I'm not sure if it will. But if you do that, DO NOT miss a single payment until you get your money back.
    Funny thing about owning a phone is that it neither improve nor build your credit. HOWEVER, it CAN and WILL lower your score if you do not pay, go into deliquency, or go to collection...beautiful egh?
    FASHER likes this.
    04-04-13 02:45 PM
    I noticed that you're loading up a gift card with monthly payments. I hate them, but have you thought about applying for one of those "help me rebuild my credit" credit cards? Yeah, they carry high interest rates (if you pay it off quickly you'll hardly even notice) and some even have annual fees, but you'd be killing two birds with one stone. You'll get your phone and you'll be rebuilding your credit.
    04-05-13 10:05 AM
    If your credit sucks they make you pay a deposit, you actually gain interest on it over time. They do this because they are taking on all the risk. What if you didn't pay? Then sold off your phone. They would have no way of recouping their loss. I have no sympathy for this situation.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:27 AM
    Or go tmobile, but maybe they don't have the greatest service in your area. Thank goodness for wifi calling

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 04:01 AM
    I'm ready to go but at the start because of bad credit I couldn't qualify for service with them until I pay a mandatory $400 opening fee to start service with Verizon and then I would still need to pay the cost of the phone under contract if I want a flagship Blackberry I find it funny I don't need to pay this fee at all if I go for a verizon prepay or low end phone. I was assured that the money would be returned to me after 1 or 2 years of being under contract with them. It just seemed like a slap in the face to me. Is there any other way? I was told No.
    I have the same problem! I have been wanting to switch to Verizon since the AT&T service is horrible in my new location, but I would have to pay a $400 deposit fee, plus the cost of the phone. That's not so easy to do when you're a college student :/. I was hoping there was a way around it, but it doesn't look like there is.
    05-11-13 11:44 AM