here is the problem though, I am in Arkansas and technically a Verizon customer becuase of the merger, however, I do not want to port to Verizon, its more expensive, but I want a new phone, specifically the LG Tritan, is there any way I can get this phone and activate it on my Alltel plan?

also, who do I need to call Alltel or Verizon?
    08-26-09 07:11 PM
    I would suggest you call both. One of them will give you the right answer
    08-26-09 07:20 PM
    Last raid is right. Technically, you probably are a verizon customer on an alltel plan. Call Alltel customer service and see where that takes you.
    08-26-09 07:23 PM
    The conundrum here is that VZW doesn't have the phone to sell & Alltel doesn't service your account anymore.

Nice phone, though - hope you can get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 07:32 PM
    I'm thinking that in the end it might be more hassle and headache to be worth having the phone. Decent phone... but not worth all the phone calls and fanoogling its going to take to MAYBE not even work.
    You're most likely looking at a long road to activation... but like they said... call.
    08-26-09 07:34 PM
    I tried calling 1-800-Alltel1, and it redirects me to Verizon and Verizon does not have the phone to sell, and I can't even find the damn thing on Ebay, and Best Buy cannot help me either

I am going to attempt to call the Alltel HQ at 501-905-8000 and ask for Executive Relations and see what they can do for me
    08-26-09 07:45 PM
    I have a BlackBerry, but its just too expensive, I need something cheaper monthly
    08-26-09 07:46 PM
    If you find the LG Tritan, then yes - you can activate it on your VZW account. You will have to change to a regular Alltel single line plan, but it is not a problem to do that.

All the features will provision with the Alltel network through the VZW billing system.
    08-27-09 12:10 AM
    I'm thinking that in the end it might be more hassle and headache to be worth having the phone. Decent phone... but not worth all the phone calls and fanoogling its going to take to MAYBE not even work.
    You're most likely looking at a long road to activation... but like they said... call.
    Oh it'll work... Text and MMS might be a prob, but can be fixed by someone who knows what they are doing and who have access to the Alltel systems.
    08-27-09 12:12 AM
    Im sure it will... just wouldnt want to be THAT tech rep... ew...
    08-27-09 12:18 AM
    Im sure it will... just wouldnt want to be THAT tech rep... ew...
    lol.. It's not too bad - when it starts freaking out just transfer to converted haha..
    08-27-09 12:22 AM
    Ok, as tsguy said, if you're able to find the phone, there really wouldn't be an issue activating it on your account as long as you still have an Alltel plan.

Now, I saw that you said that you had a BlackBerry and that you just want a cheaper plan, but it should be noted that like the Samsung Delve, the Tritan also requires a Smart Choice Plan...
    08-27-09 07:28 AM
    Oh my bad I didn't know the Tritan required that.

08-27-09 10:26 AM
    doh

+10CHAR
    08-27-09 10:45 AM
    Again, similar to the Delve, the Tritan is a pretty cool phone with a decent amount of features, but the fact that it requires a Smart Choice Plan makes it just as pricey per month as a smart phone really kinda ruins it. That and the fact that TV will still cost you extra on top of that...
    08-27-09 08:34 PM
    well, I would take it into a store to activate it

and no, if I get it off Ebay, I don't need a Smartchoice plane, I don't have a smart choice plan with my BlackBerry, I have a $44.95 feature added, trust me as wierd as it sounds its cheaper than the Smartchoice plan for me, and the Delve or the Tritan would require a $30 plan, instead, so its $15 cheaper, and to me $15 is $15
    08-27-09 09:38 PM
    Ah.. So you either didn't buy the BlackBerry with the two year upgrade... Or you're past your contract end date... Either way you're not bound to the Smart Choice Plan... Well done... Then yes, the Tritan would be cheaper, in fact, I believe you could add the Connect Pack 3, get your unlimited text and unlimited data all for just $20... Instead of the $45 for the BlackBerry feature....
    08-27-09 09:57 PM
    Ah.. So you either didn't buy the BlackBerry with the two year upgrade... Or you're past your contract end date... Either way you're not bound to the Smart Choice Plan... Well done... Then yes, the Tritan would be cheaper, in fact, I believe you could add the Connect Pack 3, get your unlimited text and unlimited data all for just $20... Instead of the $45 for the BlackBerry feature....
    yep yep! this is true
    08-28-09 03:30 AM
    The delve is not supposed to have the connect pack 3 technically since it uses more data. I will look it up later.

08-28-09 07:54 AM
    They're both technically supposed to be on a Smart Choice Plan, but since he's not bound to it by contract, I believe he could just use Connect Pack 3... I'm not entirely certain about that tho...
    08-29-09 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD