Yesterday everytime someone called me and I answered, They couldn't hear me and all I heard was dead air silence.

After attempting everything, I finally did a battery pull and that fixed the problem.

However, I had to end up doing a battery pull six more times to fix this problem, and the problem is happening again today.

Everytime I make a call or receive a call I get nothing but dead air silence, and no one can hear me on their end.

The funny thing is that I am texting, emailing, and sending mms messages like crazy and I am getting all types of messages back pretty quickly. No problem in the messaging department.

I don't have any applications downloaded, and have only had the phone since Friday.

So I'm not sure why I am having problems in the "calls" department.

Anyone else had this issue?
    05-13-08 11:15 PM
    Ya, that problem started to happen right after I did the software upgrade. It always happened to me and the only thing that would "fix" it was a battery pull. VZW sent me a new one with old software and its been fine. It may either be corrupt SW or a 3rd party application on the device.
    05-13-08 11:44 PM
    There are a number of threads about this and I am not sure if anyone ever decided whether its an OS or low memory issue... I believe it was narrowed down to being related to the latest OS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 11:53 PM
    Never had the issue, and I wouldn't even try and deal with it on a new phone I would just return it.
    05-14-08 12:09 AM
    Yikes, I hope that doesn't happen to me, I just got my verizon curve on sunday. I did have a problem where I would try to send text messages and they would just sit in my inbox and say "pending", but I went to verizon cs on monday, and they "reset" the phone, now everything works perfectly! I love it, and you might try taking it to customer service, they may be able to do what they did with mine to fix it. Good luck!

05-14-08 12:24 AM
    no problems here and I have the Sprint OS... Just FYI, might just be Verizon OS related.
    05-14-08 08:25 AM
    I thought it was just me!! I've had to do a battery pull 3 or 4 times already to remedy the oneway audio...
    05-14-08 12:42 PM
    well i am going to return it then, because I don't have any 3rd party applications, and I haven't downloaded any software versions to the phone.

I have talked to a couple of other people in other forums and they are all saying this has been an issue for them since day one!
    05-14-08 01:09 PM
    Hey! This happened to me yesterday( a day after I got the phone). But like he said everything else works such as email, sms, mms, all of it, but the voice wouldn't work, and the batter pull was the only thing that worked. Should I go trade it in for a different?

05-14-08 01:16 PM
    hey hutch, i'm going to trade my phone in cuz i have had to do battery pulls pretty much since day one to fix the problem. I have had to do 2 battery pulls today alone to fix the problem, so frustrating
    05-14-08 01:19 PM
    Just had to do another bttery pull....2nd one today. I'm on the phone with Vz now.
    Last edited by bbnoob; 05-14-08 at 02:29 PM. Reason: yeah *228 works reaaaally great!! lol lets see for how long
    05-14-08 02:07 PM
    I was on one of the forums on the blackberry website, and there was a post on there that this is a known issue but there isn't any fix for it at this time

are they serious, I'm so disappointed now
    05-14-08 02:35 PM
    no problems here and I have the Sprint OS... Just FYI, might just be Verizon OS related.
    So you have Verizon 8330 but have the Sprint OS? Can you tell me more about the difference? Is your phone unlocked, or what did you have to do to install a different OS?

What does the Sprint OS give you that the Verizon one doesn't? Or more specifically, is the GPS unlocked?
    05-14-08 02:44 PM
    So I wanted to keep everyone up to date with what is going on with my curve from verizon.

I exchanged my curve this evening for another one at the store, and guess what?

The new one is worse than the first.

I'm still having the issue with sound on the second one, meaning the only way I can hear it ringing is to hold it in my hand next to my ear, and yes my profiles are set to loud.

No i'm not deaf either

My Env was three times louder than this phone.

I've already had to pull the battery on the whole making and receiving a call thing, and it literally took the phone about 15 minutes to come on after I took the battery off

I give up, I would rather go back to using my Motorola Q
    05-14-08 09:12 PM
    If you recently got your pearl or curve you can go to the store within 30 days and exchange it for a "DOA" which is a brand new device right outta the box. Anything after 30 days could be refurbished.
    05-14-08 11:18 PM
    I have only had my curve since friday and they exchanged it for a new one out of the box, and it is working worse than the one I got on friday

thanks for the info though
    05-14-08 11:20 PM
    Maybe take it to a different store! They may have gotten a bad shipment. When I got my voyager, The same kinda thing happened. The first batch was bad. i got a replacement then I just ended up hating the phone! Got the pearl then got the curve! LOL Good luck!
    05-15-08 01:49 AM
    thanks for the suggestion tiffee818, i think i am going to take it to a different store today and try to exchange it for another one...so frustrating!
    05-15-08 08:48 AM
    It is frustrating. If anything. Maybe turn it in and have them order you one in the store and have it sent to your house. They did that for my voyager! Good luck. I didn't know you were the other one on my other forum. LOL BTW if you order before 5pm the will get it to you fedex overnight the next day!
    05-15-08 03:10 PM
    I don't think its a phone issue, I think it has to do with Verizon, I have been on the phone with them for 6 hours and they don't know what to do with my BB. I am pretty sure is a software update issue. I do *228 every month with a battary pull, but now and then I still have issues with my pearl, I still love my BB though.
    05-15-08 04:32 PM
    I don't think its a phone issue, I think it has to do with Verizon, I have been on the phone with them for 6 hours and they don't know what to do with my BB. I am pretty sure is a software update issue. I do *228 every month with a battary pull, but now and then I still have issues with my pearl, I still love my BB though.
    i tend to agree with you on this, because I went to blackberry.com, and was browsing the forums there, and some of the issues I'm having are happening with other users too. i love my curve though, and I can see why so many people love blackberry
    05-15-08 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD