So basically, I just renewed my contract back in July, and upgraded to the original storm...

Well 4 months later, I am upgrading to the Storm 2 for $179.99 plus tax, and renewing my 2 year contract, that was only 4 months old, lmao...

Thank you Verizon Wireless!!!

I swear, I must have some kind of jedi mind tricks up my sleeve!

Storm 2 is on it's way to me now!
    11-18-09 02:42 PM
    Let us know how it works out after your first bill. If there is scamming involved I guarantee Verizon is on the winning end of that deal. Good luck.
    11-18-09 02:48 PM
    I sense some jealousy
    11-18-09 02:49 PM
    I am so ready to be rid of my POS storm 1... I hated being OCD about the stupid memory leaks... Storm 2, I AM READY!
    11-18-09 02:51 PM
    Let us know how it works out after your first bill. If there is scamming involved I guarantee Verizon is on the winning end of that deal. Good luck.
    Right, Verizon isn't stupid. I'm not sure how you got the upgrade, either. Unless you had a generous (or stupid) rep. I tried renewing my contract the other day and they refused.

(Oh, and PS- memory leaks happen on the Storm2 :P)
    11-18-09 02:55 PM
    Ha I am pretty sure what ever you did will not turn in your favor
    11-18-09 02:56 PM
    He didnt scam them. I got an email offering me the Storm2 for $139.99 with a 2yr contract extention.
    11-18-09 02:58 PM
    So basically, I just renewed my contract back in July, and upgraded to the original storm...

Well 4 months later, I am upgrading to the Storm 2 for $179.99 plus tax, and renewing my 2 year contract, that was only 4 months old, lmao...

Thank you Verizon Wireless!!!

I swear, I must have some kind of jedi mind tricks up my sleeve!

Storm 2 is on it's way to me now!
    I sense some jealousy
    I don't know why but these two lines together made me lol

Anyway. You didn't give the details on how you got your Storm 2 but congrats. It's a fine device.
    11-18-09 03:00 PM
    Hey, it's all about perception ... if he thinks he scammed VZW by getting a Storm 2 for $179, let him. If bnbpapa is right that he received an email for the storm 2 for $139, then I think we should not tell 5 point 1 about it. Let's keep it a secret and let him continue to feel good! Ha!
    11-18-09 03:13 PM
    Scam? Verizion sent me that deal in a mailer yesterday. Sorry, not interested in another Blackberry. Both Verizion and RIM insulted their customers by releasing the Storm as it was. Remember OS .65?!

This is one longtime Verizion customer who now has ZERO loyalty to them. I'll go with the first provider that offers me what I want in a phone service, using an Android phone, and at 25 cents less than what I'm paying now.
    11-18-09 03:13 PM
    For just renewing my 2 year contract 4 months ago, and then able to do it again, yeah, I scammed them...
    11-18-09 03:17 PM
    For just renewing my 2 year contract 4 months ago, and then able to do it again, yeah, I scammed them...
    scamming implies you did something without their consent

they were nice enough to let you upgrade

nothing more, nothing less
    11-18-09 03:22 PM
    LMFAO, get a life babe...

The Storm 1 was an INSULT to loyal VZW customers, including me, and I feel that they should have offered the S2 to ALL Storm users, that have been SCREWED! This way, I take manners into my own hands... Stop being jealous, sweet heart...
    Jealous? You should be the jealous one. Some of us were smart enough to return that POS within the 30 day WFG and get a real BB. Sorry you weren't one of them. Clearly, no surprise here.
    11-18-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD