its been roughly 6 months since i bought out of my sprint contract and took my money to VZW...

i have yet to have one bad thing to say about them.. the coverage is awesome, the data is every bit as fast as sprints (which is contrary to what i was reading at the time i was deciding to switch). and while the plans are a bit more pricey than sprints... they make up for that in other areas of their plans..

but customer service for me has been incredible.. both in store and over the phone.

i've had my Tour for 6 months and I messed up my trackball by dropping it in a big pile of sand at work... i took it into VZW.. and literally with in 10 minutes (counting wait time, and time for them to look at it) had a new tour in my hand and was out the door within 10 minutes of that too.

total time in store 20mins tops..

as long as i get treatment like that i'll be with VZW untill i move to an area that just isnt covered by them.. which wont be any time too soon.

just thought i'd post this up as so much negativity makes its way onto forums about carriers, phones etc..

cheers
    05-27-10 02:57 AM
    Glad to hear someone say something positive. I've had a great experience with VZW and IMO you can't beat their customer service.
    05-27-10 11:11 AM
    Ive been with Verizon for about 10 years now Id say and couldn't be happier. Sure I could pay less for other carriers but I work construction and jump from site to site and I cant count the number of times someone wants to use my phone because their carrier doesn't have coverage where we are at.

BKVic
    05-27-10 02:19 PM
    Glad to hear it.

If I had to change from T-Mo, I'd be going to VZW. It would be nice to have service everywhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 07:26 PM
    I was with Alltel for years and liked their customer service, but I was stunned at how great Verizon has been with me thus far. I had some major dust-in-screen problems with my Alltel Moto Q9c and took it to my local Verizon store to see what they could do for me. The rep was friendly and told me straight up that my upgrade from coming over from Alltel was the way to go. I got my 8530 that day and have been addicted to my bb since. I don't think I'll ever have another wireless provider.

05-27-10 07:32 PM
    Yeah, I wish I would never have wasted my time with sprint from the onset.
    VZW charges a bit more for their contracts, but unlike sprint, they won't reset the contract if I adjust a core feature (minutes, etc). Also prorating out the ETF is nice... Just in case I did move out of VZW's coverage area... Again though not likely to happen.

05-27-10 07:36 PM
    Ummmmm sprint doesn't do either of those things
    05-27-10 08:05 PM
    Sprint reset my contract twice, once when I changed minute plans, and once when I went from limited to unlimited txting.

05-27-10 08:39 PM
    I am regret switching from alltel to vzw. To be honest I have not had a BB work correctly since I had an 8330 on alltel. The merger started and my service went to crap. Was bamboozled into giving up my plan for a vzw plan with a vzw branded phone just to have a working phone. In 12 months I have had a total of 5 storms, and 2 tours. I am un-happy that I pay more for same service that I had before since alltel was just as strong where I live, and the fact that my devices have been problematic along with the worst 0.S. releases that take the longest to come out.

I am not a fanboy. My vzw experience has not been wonderful and a once diehard BB fan is now looking at other devices on other networks.

Glad you are happy, hope it continues to be so.
    05-27-10 09:59 PM
    I am regret switching from alltel to vzw. To be honest I have not had a BB work correctly since I had an 8330 on alltel. The merger started and my service went to crap. Was bamboozled into giving up my plan for a vzw plan with a vzw branded phone just to have a working phone. In 12 months I have had a total of 5 storms, and 2 tours. I am un-happy that I pay more for same service that I had before since alltel was just as strong where I live, and the fact that my devices have been problematic along with the worst 0.S. releases that take the longest to come out.

I am not a fanboy. My vzw experience has not been wonderful and a once diehard BB fan is now looking at other devices on other networks.

Glad you are happy, hope it continues to be so.
    Which PRL do you have? Mine is 36002 and it fixed any data issues if you still have your Alltel plan.
    05-28-10 02:37 AM
    Sprint reset my contract twice, once when I changed minute plans, and once when I went from limited to unlimited txting.

wow, that's gotta be a "party foul" I've never had that happen, just updated my plan (from a PP to a SEP) and been tweaking my plan, etc prior to that and never had them reset it. Never know though, maybe by that happening it spurred you into switching which was better overall for you. Just think that's weird that they did that to you.
    05-28-10 08:36 AM
    I just switched from AT&T about 2 months ago and I've been amazed by Verizon's service and customer support. When you call cs or visit a store they actually try to help you solve the problem. With AT&T their only goal was to get you off the line. Yes sir there's a tower down (it seems there's always a tower down) so there's nothing that we can really do. I've also had zero dropped calls. This is amazing especially considering I dropped 3 calls in the span of about 1.5 minutes with AT&T.

So glad I switched!
    06-03-10 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD