Follow me on this one, might take an employee to answer my question.

- I bought a Storm when it came out on my 1396 line.
    - Never really liked it, wanted a Tour.
    - I did an "alternate upgrade" with my 2066 line since it was eligible.
    - Didnt like the tour, exhanged for a Pearl Flip.
    - Dumbest decision ever.
    - Went back today to exchange for the Touch Pro, I wanted to try something new while I wait for the 9550 to come out.
    - Turns out you can only exchange a device once in 30 days, I just returned the Flip because it was a POS and got my money back.

So now what happens with my upgrade eligibility? It didnt make much sense to me that they wouldnt exchange it, if I could just return it, and start the process over.

My guess is Verizon probably extended my eligibility date even though I never upgraded?
    08-16-09 10:08 PM
    they should not have done the return period. if you have a tour and exchange for the pearl, your options are stay with the pearl, go back to your phone before the upgrade, or buy a new phone full retail. but since they messed up and did the return, it should just reset the eligibility date. call in to verify, or check online on my verizon.

To be clear: the receipt clearly says "only 1 exchange OR return will be accepted within 30 days"
    08-16-09 10:11 PM
    they should not have done the return period. if you have a tour and exchange for the pearl, your options are stay with the pearl, go back to your phone before the upgrade, or buy a new phone full retail. but since they messed up and did the return, it should just reset the eligibility date. call in to verify, or check online on my verizon.

To be clear: the receipt clearly says "only 1 exchange OR return will be accepted within 30 days"
    I understand the 1 per 30 day thing, im not mad about that, that's my own fault. I sold my Storm when I bought the Tour, thinking I would be totally satisfied, so basically they said I have a number, with no phone until I buy one at full retail or a used one or whatever.
    08-16-09 10:13 PM
    what??? what happened to the origional phone you had that you upgraded from
    08-16-09 10:15 PM
    He said he sold the Storm he was originally using. He got the Tour by upgrading another line. Traded tour for a Pearl then returned Pearl. No phone left correct? Unless you were referring to the phone he had before he got a Storm.

This is actually interesting because you would think since they accepted the return of the Pearl they would give you your upgrade back. I mean you now have no phone and should have paid the $35 fee on both phones you returned. You are out $70 already and can't get another phone. Doesn't sound right for some reason. Maybe I just understood wrong. I am interested to see how they resolve this so let us know what happens.
    08-16-09 11:35 PM
    oh my bad, missed the sold the storm part. yeah, they will more than likely reset the upgrade date back to what it was, leaving you still open to upgrade
    08-16-09 11:42 PM
    He said he sold the Storm he was originally using. He got the Tour by upgrading another line. Traded tour for a Pearl then returned Pearl. No phone left correct? Unless you were referring to the phone he had before he got a Storm.

This is actually interesting because you would think since they accepted the return of the Pearl they would give you your upgrade back. I mean you now have no phone and should have paid the $35 fee on both phones you returned. You are out $70 already and can't get another phone. Doesn't sound right for some reason. Maybe I just understood wrong. I am interested to see how they resolve this so let us know what happens.
    You are understanding it perfectly. I currently have NO phone attached to my 1396 number. They didnt charge me the $35 on the returned Pearl Flip.

Thing is, if they give me my upgrade back, them not letting me exchange it is pointless. Im almost sure they will take advantage of this to screw me out of an upgrade, and extend my contract.
    08-16-09 11:42 PM
    You are understanding it perfectly. I currently have NO phone attached to my 1396 number. They didnt charge me the $35 on the returned Pearl Flip.

Thing is, if they give me my upgrade back, them not letting me exchange it is pointless. Im almost sure they will take advantage of this to screw me out of an upgrade, and extend my contract.
    like i said, they shouldnt have done the return on the pearl. but they did, which creates this confusing situation. your upgrade date will be reset, wait over 3 days so you dont get charged the restock fee, and all will be well.
    08-16-09 11:47 PM

I don't think this would qualify as screwing you really. Technically you would have gotten 3 phones in X-amount of days/weeks. They can't re sell them as new so they lost out on a minimum of 2 "new" phone sales. I do get where you are coming from but no company is really happy about returns. In a perfect world you could get cheap phones as often as you like (wouldn't that be nice!) but Verizon does try to keep their customers happy.

If you did not like the Tour, the Pearl Flip, or the Storm you may have to go to the Touch Pro you mentioned. There is almost nothing left to choose from, but it is a really good device as well. My friend has one and loves it. Or if you can wait till the 23 there are supposedly some new phones being released. That is as of now a rumor though unless someone has confirmed it.
    08-16-09 11:58 PM
    why get the touch pro with verizon? i think its junk...i was considering one...but if you compare it to the other touch pros...the build quality of the verizon one is crap, the vzw one doesnt even look the same as us cellulars or sprints...and to top that off, it has less memory!
    08-17-09 12:32 AM
    Follow me on this one, might take an employee to answer my question.

- I bought a Storm when it came out on my 1396 line.
    - Never really liked it, wanted a Tour.
    - I did an "alternate upgrade" with my 2066 line since it was eligible.
    - Didnt like the tour, exhanged for a Pearl Flip.
    - Dumbest decision ever.
    - Went back today to exchange for the Touch Pro, I wanted to try something new while I wait for the 9550 to come out.
    - Turns out you can only exchange a device once in 30 days, I just returned the Flip because it was a POS and got my money back.

So now what happens with my upgrade eligibility? It didnt make much sense to me that they wouldnt exchange it, if I could just return it, and start the process over.

My guess is Verizon probably extended my eligibility date even though I never upgraded?
    Sounds like you don't belong with a PDA/Smartphone period.
    08-17-09 07:09 AM
    Sounds like you don't belong with a PDA/Smartphone period.
    I'm sorry but I'd have to agree.
    08-17-09 07:20 AM
    I'm sorry but I'd have to agree.
    I think maybe two tin cans and a piece of string would be the best choice for the OP.
    08-17-09 07:27 AM

Pretty much what he said... It was news to me when I found out too.
    But thats why you read all the paperwork. So since the store messed up make sure everything was reversed and try again. But this time you are fully aware.
    08-17-09 07:55 AM
    Did the OP ever call in to customer care about the issue? Likely the system just didn't auto-switch it back.

Keep in mind though that when you do these kind of returns, bringing 2, 3, 4 devices back into the store, that's the cause of 100 dollar Mail-in Rebates instead of 50 or 70, the cause of higher subsidy costs, etc. Tour is about 500 full retail, pearl flip is something like 450, so the company is out that chunk in the cost of the returns, and if you go with a touch pro they're subsidising another 300 or so in cost.

Take the time in your local store to evaluate the new devices offered, get hands on, send an email, do some texting. Every phone in a corporate store is live, so get in there and check out the capabilities to find the phone that suits your specific needs.

But in terms of the initial issue, call in to customer care, explain the problem in detail, and have a rep change your upgrade dates to where its supposed to be.
    08-17-09 08:55 AM
    why get the touch pro with verizon? i think its junk...i was considering one...but if you compare it to the other touch pros...the build quality of the verizon one is crap, the vzw one doesnt even look the same as us cellulars or sprints...and to top that off, it has less memory!
    If the OP did not like the Tour, the Storm, or the Pearl Flip there is not much left to try. Every other BB would be an older model and why would you "upgrade" to an older phone? While I agree the Touch Pro is stripped down on Verizon it is still one of the better non Black Berries they have. At least for now.
    08-17-09 10:34 AM
    Or wait for Omnia 2?
    08-17-09 01:56 PM
    Yeah I suggested that in an earlier post. Well I said wait till the 23rd which I believe is still the rumored release date.
    08-17-09 02:27 PM
    I think maybe two tin cans and a piece of string would be the best choice for the OP.
    The whole situation is a great advertisement for the 35 dollar restock fee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 02:39 PM
    i dont pay any restocking fees, period. i am VIP :-)
    08-17-09 06:30 PM
    a VIP that hates verizon? rare
    08-18-09 07:45 AM
    Get off your high-horses about "costing the company money" blah blah blah. If you really think I actually cost Verizon a net 1 thousand dollars, you are clearly a moron. What do you think when they get devices that get returned? They just toss them in the garbage can? The amount of money I cost Verizon probably amounts to about half of one months bill for me. Considering that all their BB's are pieces of sh!t (aside from the curve), I dont feel bad at all for being dissatisfied. The last quality built BB that Verizon launched was the 8130. Everything after either was the Storm, BB Flip (feels like a cracker jack toy), and the Tour with a battery door that slides around while talking, and a POS trackball.

I just got the word that im moving for work, so I'll be ditching Verizon anyways, and going with either AT&T or T-Mobile since they are the only 2 carriers that have service where im going. I love Verizon's service, but with me being a Blackberry nut, they're options suck, and its not necessarily their fault, its RIM's.
    08-18-09 08:26 PM
    Get off your high-horses about "costing the company money" blah blah blah. If you really think I actually cost Verizon a net 1 thousand dollars, you are clearly a moron. What do you think when they get devices that get returned? They just toss them in the garbage can? The amount of money I cost Verizon probably amounts to about half of one months bill for me. Considering that all their BB's are pieces of sh!t (aside from the curve), I dont feel bad at all for being dissatisfied. The last quality built BB that Verizon launched was the 8130. Everything after either was the Storm, BB Flip (feels like a cracker jack toy), and the Tour with a battery door that slides around while talking, and a POS trackball.

I just got the word that im moving for work, so I'll be ditching Verizon anyways, and going with either AT&T or T-Mobile since they are the only 2 carriers that have service where im going. I love Verizon's service, but with me being a Blackberry nut, they're options suck, and its not necessarily their fault, its RIM's.
    No they get refurbished. cant sell them as new again
    08-18-09 10:30 PM
    No they get refurbished. cant sell them as new again
    I think you missed a key word... "No they get POORLY refurbished"
    08-18-09 11:55 PM
    I think you missed a key word... "No they get POORLY refurbished"
    If a customer buys a blue env3, then changes their mind 5 minutes after leaving the store, says they would rather the maroon one, In what way would that phone end up being poorly refurbished? and dont think for a second they resell it as new.
    08-19-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD