Ok i'm reaching out to my fellow crackberriers ........ PLEASE help!!
    ok this is the delema my wife and I have verizon. she unfortuantly has the voyager (yes i know) and I of course have the curve.
    so this is the problem she has now seen the light and is wanting to convert over to the pinkberry ........BUT what can we do with her exsisting voyeger, with a 2year contract and its been about 2 months now that she has had the phone
    so I ask for your help here today how can we upgrade with out paying full price for the phone ?????????????????
    (sorry for the long tread)
    08-15-08 07:47 PM
    If you bought the phone at a Verizon store, throw yourself at the mercy of the manager. They have been know to be benevolent. (have your wife cry)
    Really they may amaze you.
    08-15-08 09:17 PM
    Get a third line @ 9.99 per. Drop the vcast that she surely has on her voyager, get her the pinkberry' out it and the BB unlimited on the new line, then after activation switcheroo the voyager will be on the new # and her berry will be on her old #. Etf drops $5 a month also, so say she got the voyager last November, she's looking at $125 etf less 5 per month. Clear as mud ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 09:36 PM
    Get a third line @ 9.99 per. Drop the vcast that she surely has on her voyager, get her the pinkberry' out it and the BB unlimited on the new line, then after activation switcheroo the voyager will be on the new # and her berry will be on her old #. Etf drops $5 a month also, so say she got the voyager last November, she's looking at $125 etf less 5 per month. Clear as mud ?

That's how I got my Curve, except that I asked them to activate the new phone on my existing line rather than doing it later. They gave me no issues with that.
    08-15-08 09:45 PM
    check out my post from earlier today...RIM has a phone upgrade program and it DOESN'T have to be a BB the'll give you fair market price for your phone toward a bbhttp://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...-market-61918/
    08-15-08 09:46 PM
    That's how I got my Curve, except that I asked them to activate the new phone on my existing line rather than doing it later. They gave me no issues with that.
    If you got the third line, you would still have to make payments, right?/ Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. The exact same thing happened to me like 2 months after I had the 8830. I had to pay full price for the Curve but I was the only one on my account.
    08-15-08 09:49 PM
    If you got the third line, you would still have to make payments, right?/ Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. The exact same thing happened to me like 2 months after I had the 8830. I had to pay full price for the Curve but I was the only one on my account.
    You can add a line to an existing account up to 5 lines, then it's $9.99 per month, sooo, when the bold comes out, if I choose, I add a line, get the bold at the 2 year price, activate it on my current line, activate my old razr on the new line, and pay $9.99 per month for the unused line. See?

08-15-08 10:27 PM
    To the OP, go to a brick and mortar store, tell them the situation, they let my daughter do a swap after 2 and a half months with no penalties, we just had to provide the original packaging, she added a media phone and upgraded the data, so they were willing to do it.
    GL

08-15-08 10:32 PM
    So, let me see if I got this right. I have verizon, 2 lines right now (me and DH) and I really want a curve. I'm not eligible for new every 2 till July. If I add a 3rd line now, I can get the curve for the 2 year price ($99 right now!), activate it on my number, activate my chocolate on the new # and just pay the extra 9.99/m (and 30 for the data plan)?
    08-15-08 11:08 PM
    According to nick125 yes, i've always had to activate the new phone on the new line 1st, then switch, but yes you can do this.

08-16-08 12:14 AM
    ok i will try and see if this will work i thank all of you
    crackberry is great
    08-16-08 12:52 AM
    im realy wanting a curve as well , my upgrade isnt untill march , not sure i could stand paying 10 a month for a line im not using though
    i was thinking the same thing but im weighing in the pros and cons of it all
    and i will try everything on here lol lol lol
    08-16-08 01:22 AM
    Sweet! I'm going to try this. I was a little concerned about the $10 extra month too, but DH just told me his bos is giving him an allowance for his phone since he's using it for work, so I think I can justify it now.
    08-16-08 11:56 AM
    Sweet! I'm going to try this. I was a little concerned about the $10 extra month too, but DH just told me his bos is giving him an allowance for his phone since he's using it for work, so I think I can justify it now.
    im happy for you carrie and welcome to cb
    i know u wont be sorry with a bb
    08-16-08 12:31 PM
    Thanks! I got my pink berry curve and I'm in LOVE. I still need to figure some things out (like the internet) but so far, it's awesome. I can tell I'm going to be addicted to this site too, so all the more reason to figure out the internet. :lol:
    08-17-08 10:52 PM
    Thanks! I got my pink berry curve and I'm in LOVE. I still need to figure some things out (like the internet) but so far, it's awesome. I can tell I'm going to be addicted to this site too, so all the more reason to figure out the internet. :lol:
    Congrats, now get a nice big memory card and start stuffing it with tunes and movies.

08-17-08 11:00 PM
    congrats and enjoy the best damn addiction out there lolllol
    it takes some gettin use to aaaallllllllll the features
    08-17-08 11:10 PM
    So, let me see if I got this right. I have verizon, 2 lines right now (me and DH) and I really want a curve. I'm not eligible for new every 2 till July. If I add a 3rd line now, I can get the curve for the 2 year price ($99 right now!), activate it on my number, activate my chocolate on the new # and just pay the extra 9.99/m (and 30 for the data plan)?
    Hi! newbie here. Before you add a new line, check to see if you are eligible for the Annual Upgrade. I was able to get my PB for $79.99 just after one year into my contract. Sounds like you might be close to that if you are due for NE2 in July.
    08-19-08 03:15 PM
    Hi! newbie here. Before you add a new line, check to see if you are eligible for the Annual Upgrade. I was able to get my PB for $79.99 just after one year into my contract. Sounds like you might be close to that if you are due for NE2 in July.

Hi! I did check that, because when I called the 1st time, the guy gave me the NE2 prices, not realizing I guess I was not eligible yet, so when I called back to order the phone, I bitched to the guy & he checked on the 1 year plan, but said we couldn't do that either. I'm just glad I had a work around. I'm loving my Curve and I feel like I'm just *barely* scratching the surface on everything I can use it for. It's almost overwhelming at times! LOL
    08-25-08 09:14 PM
    Carrie glad it worked out for you. But I was just wondering if you have insurance and you "lose" your phone. can't you get a new one and upgrade it to a blackberry at the same time?? Maybe they won't work with you and get a phone of choice??? just thinking out loud........
    08-25-08 09:28 PM
    Carrie glad it worked out for you. But I was just wondering if you have insurance and you "lose" your phone. can't you get a new one and upgrade it to a blackberry at the same time?? Maybe they won't work with you and get a phone of choice??? just thinking out loud........

It doesn't work that way, to get an insurance replacement, they go same model, or anyone could upgrade at any time for $50 and not have to extend....
    definitely outside the box though...
    08-26-08 01:55 AM
    I was not eligible for an upgrade for like four more months. I simply called 611 and told them I want the curve and I only want to pay $99 for it. They said that was fine and they are sending me a curve that should be here tomorrow. I couldnt get them to give an instant rebate though. I did have to call a few times to get a rep to make the transaction happen.
    08-26-08 02:14 AM
    It doesn't work that way, to get an insurance replacement, they go same model, or anyone could upgrade at any time for $50 and not have to extend....
    definitely outside the box though...
    there is how ever a rule called a MULTI FRU Exchange program stateing that if for some reason your device has been exchanged 3 times or more you can get another device upgrade ( if you pay the differance ) or get another device of = value

and make sure you look at the FULL RETAIL PRICE not the price with the 2 year contract
    08-26-08 06:41 AM
    I would've never thought of that for upgrading. Genius way to work the system! I was just trying to figure out how I was going to get the thunder at the promo price since my annual upgrade isn't until march 09. I'm SO doing this when the thunder comes out. Then I can still keep my 8830. Too awesome!

08-26-08 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD