HI all you Verizon users! Im a Sprint Curve user but my contract is going to be up soon & quit fankly I'm just getting tired of Sprint! They have good plans but there phone selcetion is weak!! There's no need for me to renew my contract for phones that I dont like!! I see Verizon is a lil more but, they have better service & my phones to choose from!! CAn someone give me there option on Verizon that company? And also your feeling as a Berry users!! Thanks Bunch!!
    Last edited by Raneciansamaiya; 01-19-09 at 07:22 AM. Reason: forgot some things
    01-19-09 07:20 AM
    PROS
    Best coverage
    Best customer service
    Largest network

CONS
    Higher price
    More difficult for poor credit risks.

Still, even with the higher price, most consumer advocates & polls give the recommendation to VZW.

The phone availability issue is rarely the fault of the carrier. AT&T doesn't have a touchscreen Berry because RIM doesn't make a GSM model. VZW & Sprint don't have a Bold for the same reason.

That being said, it is rumored that VZW has placed a lot of pressure on RIM to get out the Niagara, the CDMA Bold. I've heard that there will be improvements over the original Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 09:46 AM
    Sprint was the very first cell phone I used to have for 4-yrs...when their service used to be good...but the battery life was short lived in its battle against good signal strength. I then went thru other service providers til I ended up with Nextel...then that too was shortlived when Sprint took over...that's when I merged to Verizon...been with Verizon for the past couple of years...and I must say that I am truly satisfied with Verizon. I love their customer support service...their signal is always up...I don't experience dropped calls...and they have some of the cutest & high cell phones. I would recommend anyone to come to Verizon. The true network.
    01-19-09 01:08 PM
    I say make the switch .....
    service is better, wider area
    01-19-09 01:32 PM
    Go4vzw-ive been cust for over 7yrs-cant beat the serv and cust reps/tech support r gr8! Also just got my 1st berry-curve 8330-in dec08 and I've calld tech sup many times for answr if I culdnt get them here! They mayb litle more expensv but well worth it! Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 10:14 PM
    Verizon all the way. I've had 3 different cell carriers over the past 10 years but my husband has had Verizon since it started. I switched over about 5 years ago and couldn't be happier. Every service rep is helpful. I even had one call me back because he forgot to answer a question. Their billing is spot on and if there is something that doesn't look right they take it off. I too have been on the phone with them more times than I want to admit since getting my Blackberry. They have been helpful, taken their time with me and made sure I was on the right track before we hung up. You can get deeper discounts when you order off the web versus going into the stores. Yep, I'm a happy camper with Verizon.
    01-22-09 10:32 PM
    I was browsing through a consumer report the other day while my wife was shopping for our son at Toys R Us and there was an article about cell phone service and consumer reviews.

They listed several metros through the US and had the Top 5 best service according to consumers..........Verizon was #1 on all but 2 or 3. On those Alltel was #1 and Verizon was #2............as far as sprint, they were LAST on every single one.........
    01-22-09 10:55 PM
    before having verizon, i've been with att, cingular, t-mobile and sprint. so, that's basically a lot of the "popular" services here in the us (for me). i have to say that verizon is by far the best. i love the phone service, the customer service and the options they offer. know that by having these things, your bill will be higher than the other carriers. like the saying goes, you get what you pay for (or something along that line).

i say make the change, but ask questions and know what you're getting. good luck!
    01-22-09 11:51 PM
    I've used ATT, Alltel and VZW and I recommend VZW by far....
    01-23-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD