09-18-09 01:30 PM
45 12
tools
    There is a spot at my parent's house that always drops calls its just a corner of the house. Not able to txt or browse nothing. Total dead zone. All the bedrooms, even the bathrooms are find but one spot that is like 2 feet from a window always fails in an epic fashion.
    09-17-09 07:47 AM
    Yea well in my room i get ONE bar, just one! WTF I thought vzw was the best??!! grr...I love vzw and their csrs but this serivce issue has really started to bug me.
    09-17-09 07:49 AM
    well that is just stupid.
    why would i pay over $100 a month to not have service in my own damn room?!? &then pay for an extra $250 for something that probably won't even work.

maybe i need to find a new carrier.
    While Verizon does have the overall best coverage they do not guarantee they cover 100% of every square inch of the contigous 48 states. Some spots due to interference, low signal etc may not get a good signal.

My residence is one where I get 0,1, or 2 bars, and I bought a network extender. My other alternative is to leave the house and go down the road apiece about .5 mile to send or receive calls.

Maybe you should switch carriers so you can use your cell phone in your room.
    09-17-09 07:53 AM
    Yea well in my room i get ONE bar, just one! WTF I thought vzw was the best??!! grr...I love vzw and their csrs but this serivce issue has really started to bug me.
    Or maybe a landline? If your room is not allowing signal from outside to penetrate, then there is little VZW can actually do in this situation other than offer an extender.

You could get a repeater for your home as well, but they cost just as much.

How many bars do you get outside?
    09-17-09 07:53 AM
    No carrier, guarantees coverage inside of homes and other structures. There's too many variables that come into play, construction material and style, interference from other devices, etc. I'm not saying your going to have problems with other carriers, but don't be surprised if you switch and it works for a while and then you start noticing issues, or another carrier may not work in other areas of your house.
    09-17-09 07:55 AM
    Euhhhh, wth is a dropped call??
    09-17-09 08:00 AM
    Or maybe a landline? If your room is not allowing signal from outside to penetrate, then there is little VZW can actually do in this situation other than offer an extender.

You could get a repeater for your home as well, but they cost just as much.

How many bars do you get outside?
    it depends on where i am at outside normally it ranges from 1 - 3 bars...i get service where i live, just crappy service in my room. i can go into the living room and get 2 bars, but that isn't always easy to do when there are things i am trying to do in my room.
    09-17-09 08:02 AM
    Uh... Aluminum siding on this house you live in?
    09-17-09 08:07 AM
    BNB i honestly don't have a clue...the home is only like 8 years old...if that.
    09-17-09 08:09 AM
    My buddy lives in an old brick house, he has signal issues...
    09-17-09 08:11 AM
    Yeah... Is there better coverage near a window?
    09-17-09 08:11 AM
    im always trying to point my BB towards the window just so I can keep my one bar.
    09-17-09 08:14 AM
    Amber, when's the last time you dialed *228 and updated your roaming capability? People have been doing this, then a battery pull afterward and they are getting better signals...
    09-17-09 08:16 AM
    I just did it last week...should I do it again?! Maybe they have updated their towers within a week?
    09-17-09 08:18 AM
    I just did it last week...should I do it again?! Maybe they have updated their towers within a week?
    It's worth a shot, do a battery pull afterward, see if you have a better signal...
    09-17-09 08:19 AM
    If you artificially cause dropped calls, you will end up shooting yourself in the foot.

Siding, elevators, geography, structural, electromagnetic - these are all out of the control of wireless carriers & not anything correctable.

So you cause the fault, mark the call - network analysis finds nothing wrong with the network - nothing gets fixed.

Sounds to me like a non-duplicatable issue was reported & now the OP is desperate to claim the issue exists. If it did exist, it would happen on its own.
    09-17-09 08:21 AM
    It's worth a shot, do a battery pull afterward, see if you have a better signal...
    Should I try the *228 at my home or just do it at work?
    09-17-09 08:24 AM
    I must be lucky or something. I've only dropped maybe 5 calls since I joined up with VZW 6 years ago
    09-17-09 08:34 AM
    ^or maybe it has something to do with that huge city you live in.
    09-17-09 08:36 AM
    I also had a lot of dropped calls since going from alltell to vzw. It did not matter when I was with alltel I could call from inside. But service has Defin. Gone downhill since with vzw now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 01:30 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD