02-22-09 10:59 PM
35 12
tools
    Lol this is getting good...anyone wanna make a beer run?
    I'll buy if you fly!

Seriously - the thread is "I love vzw and hear (sic) is why" and people just have to practice poor forum etiquette by hijacking the thread to get attention.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:19 PM

8330's use an INTERNAL GPS receiver to receive a signal from a low Earth orbit satellite. Unfortunately, for your argument, the wizards at VZW don't run the GPS network, the US DOD does. The 8330 uses the VZW network is when a map is needed, which most units get externally. The map download is minimal. So, it doesn't touch the network or use very many network resources. The unit does the heavy lifting itself.
    The INTERNAL GPS in the Curve (and Perl and Storm) is now unlocked. Has been since late October. The reason most GPS apps don't work on it is because they are written to require aGPS (assisted GPS) which is what VZW blocks for everything but BBM and VZNav. AGPS uses the data network to speed up GPS triangulation. Those apps that work using ONLY the standalone GPS chip -- or use it if aGPS is not available -- (Garmen, Nav4All to name two) work just fine. They are slower but work just fine.
    02-21-09 02:24 AM
    The reason most GPS apps don't work on it is because they are written to require aGPS (assisted GPS) which is what VZW blocks for everything but BBM and VZNav. AGPS uses the data network to speed up GPS triangulation. Those apps that work using ONLY the standalone GPS chip -- or use it if aGPS is not available -- (Garmen, Nav4All to name two) work just fine. They are slower but work just fine.
    Um, Rocka - the GPS unit in the Curve/Pearl is a-GPS only. It cannot fall back to standalone, so the third-party apps do not work correctly.

02-21-09 07:56 PM
    Um, Rocka - the GPS unit in the Curve/Pearl is a-GPS only. It cannot fall back to standalone, so the third-party apps do not work correctly.

Then explain for me why Nav4All works on the Curve now? It never did before Oct when they opened the stand alone GPS.
    02-22-09 12:21 AM
    It works via triangulation on the Curve & by standalone GPS mode on the Storm.

02-22-09 02:34 AM
    Just so everyone knows
    I didn't use any bad words here
    The over zealous filter blocked off a word that would sound a lot like stoop except would start with a p
    Go figure?

Also
    Here's how I dealt with vzw
    I stopped paying them and went with sprint
    What are they going to do? Call me and ask for their $? Nah I get letters...the last one was for 800$....they can eat it though screw them

I agreed to the etf cause I wanted the phone but then again vzw told me their coverage was "strong" in my area and it wasn't...dropped calls all the time

So...they lied and I lied...were even no reason to complain cause were square

Thank god someone actually did what they should do when they aren't happy.... It's actually refreshing to see someone do this rather than trying to start a class action lawsuit or coming on a forum to complain about how the man is holding them down and that we as a people should rise up against the evil corporate entity.

Thank you sir.
    02-22-09 04:16 AM
    Thank god someone actually did what they should do when they aren't happy.... It's actually refreshing to see someone do this rather than trying to start a class action lawsuit or coming on a forum to complain about how the man is holding them down and that we as a people should rise up against the evil corporate entity.

Thank you sir.
    You only have every 2 years to make that decision, in the meantime complaining is necessary
    02-22-09 10:09 AM
    Oh really!?!?! The ETF is part of the final bill. As with any bill that YOU don't pay, it will go to collections and go against your credit rating.

no thats what they want you to think
    the etf is really totally volunteer
    just dont pay it
    they cant burn your house down
    there is nothing they can do but call you and...how will they call you once they turn your phone off?
    they can send you letters....but eventually even that stops
    02-22-09 02:46 PM
    You only have every 2 years to make that decision, in the meantime complaining is necessary

Or one could also say that you have 30 days to make that decision too.

That's the beauty of it though... you can actually make that decision... It's the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    02-22-09 09:06 PM
    Or one could also say that you have 30 days to make that decision too.

That's the beauty of it though... you can actually make that decision... It's the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    Not really...I am stuck on Verizon because it does not make sense to break away from my family plan and pay even more ridiculous rates for a single plan on another carrier (I am not the primary account holder).

You guys don't get it...ALL of these companies suck hard...
    02-22-09 10:59 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD