05-10-09 10:25 AM
59 123
    I think that even with their less impressive phone selection, fact of the matter is that the 9630 is coming in july, the storm 2 is coming before the end of the year. And thats just for blackberry alone. So selection is about to be competitive very shortly. Also, their base prices do mirror AT&T although those 2 giants are more expensive than the smaller carriers. Still, base price is competitive, especially for a much better network.

So in the end, their CS and their network is the best of the bunch as well.

My 1 and only issue is the "extras!" The extras they charge for and the features they lock in order to charge for those extas. Intentions are so clear and everyone knows it. I hope that extra misc revenue is enough to offset the reputation they are creating for themselves of being the carrier with the most phones on a leash!

If it wasn't for this one thing, I would be much more supportive of the giant
    05-07-09 08:41 PM
    I'm a big Verizon-fanboy. Customer service is, and has always been, aces. Last year I got sick, lost a lot of money and was only able to make partial payments. The Verizon rep, a fellow by the name of Matt, worked up some paper work for me allowed me to slip by on partial payments for 3 months, then gave me 6 months to get the other half of the 3 months worth of payments caught up. There are not a lot of customer service reps/companies, who would go to those kinds of links for you.

Every two years they give me a credit towards a new phone, which this year not only resulted in receiving a free blackberry (After my 70 dollar mail in rebate) but resulted in me getting two free blackberries. (buy one get one)

My coverage areas has always been excellent. (I may have roamed once, and living in East TExas, that's no small feat.)

Service has always been fast and courteous.

And I don't even think my calling plan is all that expensive. (Two curves on unlimited data, unlimited texting, 1400 minutes is only running me 160 a month.)

And it's not like Verizon is the only company I've done business with. T-mobile has poor coverage in my area. Sprint seemed to have good coverage, but I had a lot of call dropping. We even tried several different brands of phone.

Verizon isn't perfect, but as a customer I have confidence that if an issue arises they will do whatever it takes to keep me happy. And at the end of the day, can you ask anything more from any company you deal with?
    05-07-09 08:50 PM
    YIKES! I guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

In all my adult life I have yet to have a pleasurable experience with Verizon -- EVER -- including their former self GTE. In all aspects of their businesses I violently HATE Verizon. Not just wireless, but FIOS, phone, T-carrier, DSL, business, residential... I've used it all, and for some circumstances I am still (currently) forced to use them for copper phone service due to their anti-trust violating monopolistic control in certain regions. HATE VERIZON! The greatest trick the devil ever played was changing his name to Verizon and making people pay a monthly fee for phones that don't work (Storm). But I rant...

Hey if you're those lucky few who happen to be sitting right where the broken clock stopped, then praise be to you and enjoy. I can't begin to tell you how fortunate you are that you've been spared the suffering, wasted time, poor performance, aggravation, excessive expenses, et alii, that I have and continue to deal with from the entire hegemony called Verizon. As a whole, they stink. (Note: I am speaking of ALL their crappy business avenues, not just wireless.)

Now have a fantastic day!
    did you actually catch the person that peepeed in your cheerios?
    05-08-09 02:49 PM
    I love Verizon too!...
    05-09-09 08:53 PM
    verizons customer service has improved dramatically. when i had them years agao they sucked really bad.. now they try and accomodate u as much as possible
    05-09-09 08:55 PM
    I think Verizon customer service is quite good. When I first got my BB I was calling them alot and they walked me through everything. I have been with them forever and I have seen a dramatic improvement in service over the years so I will continue to be a customer
    05-09-09 09:15 PM
    I've been with verizon for 8 years and have always had great service! One thing tho, can we please have an iPhone??? Please! I love my bb but I would like to see how verizon handles all the app and music that apple offers with their phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 10:42 PM
    As much as I hate some of their practices (being dicks about upgrading phones, locking down GPS, SMS pricing) I can't complain about them that much. Their network is simply amazing, and their customer service beats plenty of other telcos.

How is Verizon being dicks about upgrading? No other carrier lets you upgrade every year.
    05-09-09 10:51 PM
    People hate paying alot for anything but when i look at verizon i see that your are paying for quality. The customer service is great, and the signal reliability is awesome.
    05-10-09 10:25 AM
59 123