05-10-09 11:25 AM
59 123
tools
    I have only been with verizon about a year, I have had nothing but positive experiences with cs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 01:58 PM
    I, too, love Verizon.

My family has been with them for a good five years for the landline and DSL services. Apart from the occasional periods of time where we cannot access the internet, the service has been superb. The customer service is great, though I think they could use some work on their technical support.

I have also been with Verizon now for about two years for my cell phone service. Great customer service and great technical support, especially now for the BlackBerry. I've never had the opportunity to work with nicer representatives.

04-23-09 02:04 PM
    I guess I need to add my two cents...
    Nothing against VZ coverage even the customer service so much but there are some things they could do for long time loyal customers. I have had VZ cell service for over 10 years and now have home, TV and Fios internet. Technology changes so fast that when you get the newest thing it changes in 3 months. Nothing wrong with that but when you have to wait 2 years to upgrade or pay full price ($600.00 Storm) for a new phone gets frustrating. I would think they could open up the contracts or atleast give customers who are loyal some kind of break on upgrades. The talk of 4G is a great thing but if you just got a new 3G phone and 4G comes out before the end of the year, you will have to wait until your 2 years is up. Unless you dont mind paying $400.00 to $600.00 for a phone. Like I said you cant beat the coverage and the cutomer service is not too bad, just a little appreciation to us who like their service...

Sincerely
    VZ customer
    04-23-09 02:07 PM
    Im raising the bull sh!t flag. Now Im sure some people have had problems with big red but I find it hard to believe that they wouldnt try everything in their power to rectify your problems. At the same time you have to understand that there is only so much they can do. VZW is so far ahead of all other carriers in terms of Customer Service and overall coverage. Its a fact...look it up. If you came in here to just be an a$$ then save it for the Storm forums...there's alot of a$$es over there and you'll fit right in.
    That they would. Over there they don't care that they don't tell the rest of the story or even if the poster is being truthful about ever having the carrier they are complaining about.

The story invariably comes across as "(Fill in choice of carrier to be slammed) came out of the clear blue, screwed up my bill, ripped me off, kept my kids out of college/braces, ruined my marriage and couldn't provide me with service in Lower Elbonia. I had NOTHING to do with the root of the problem and (Fill in choice of carrier to be slammed) is an evil, corrupt company with exceptionally stupid customers who deserve to die a slow and painful death!"

Or at least something like that.

In reality, they ordered things they couldn't/wouldn't pay for or things they didn't understand, signed agreements they didn't read or had unreasonable expectations. And now they expect all of us to believe their tripe.

I will help you raise that flag - and I'll bring us both hip waders, as their excrement is getting deep.

04-23-09 02:32 PM
    Just when my exasperation with Verizon's phones is reaching its limit, my POS Samsung Saga bricks. Amazing. The Palm Pre can't get here soon enough!
    04-23-09 02:38 PM
    That they would. Over there they don't care that they don't tell the rest of the story or even if the poster is being truthful about ever having the carrier they are complaining about.

The story invariably comes across as "(Fill in choice of carrier to be slammed) came out of the clear blue, screwed up my bill, ripped me off, kept my kids out of college/braces, ruined my marriage and couldn't provide me with service in Lower Elbonia. I had NOTHING to do with the root of the problem and (Fill in choice of carrier to be slammed) is an evil, corrupt company with exceptionally stupid customers who deserve to die a slow and painful death!"

In reality, they ordered things they couldn't/wouldn't pay for or things they didn't understand, signed agreements they didn't read or had unreasonable expectations. And now they expect all of us to believe their tripe.

I will help you raise that flag - and I'll bring us both hip waders, as their excrement is getting deep.

ROFLMAO! That was good!
    Just when my exasperation with Verizon's phones is reaching its limit, my POS Samsung Saga bricks. Amazing. The Palm Pre can't get here soon enough!
    So you're wanting another POS phone?

Different carriers but same phone manufacturers. Carriers don't make phones.

04-23-09 04:53 PM

Roger that Twins...I'll bring the cooler full of cold ones and just point and laugh!
    04-23-09 06:07 PM
    Seriously...BB makes awesome devices, so take the plunge. The 8330 is a rock solid device and wont let you down. Soon enough, you'll have a few more BB's to choose from (9630 and 8930..I hope)
    04-23-09 06:10 PM
    YIKES! I guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

In all my adult life I have yet to have a pleasurable experience with Verizon -- EVER -- including their former self GTE. In all aspects of their businesses I violently HATE Verizon. Not just wireless, but FIOS, phone, T-carrier, DSL, business, residential... I've used it all, and for some circumstances I am still (currently) forced to use them for copper phone service due to their anti-trust violating monopolistic control in certain regions. HATE VERIZON! The greatest trick the devil ever played was changing his name to Verizon and making people pay a monthly fee for phones that don't work (Storm). But I rant...

Hey if you're those lucky few who happen to be sitting right where the broken clock stopped, then praise be to you and enjoy. I can't begin to tell you how fortunate you are that you've been spared the suffering, wasted time, poor performance, aggravation, excessive expenses, et alii, that I have and continue to deal with from the entire hegemony called Verizon. As a whole, they stink. (Note: I am speaking of ALL their crappy business avenues, not just wireless.)

Now have a fantastic day!
    Well since we are talking about Verizon Wireless don't you mean their former self to be Airtouch Cellular? I worked for Airtouch from the end of '99 until 2001 (THE merger and name change to Verizon happened in early 2000) So i should know. GTE (landline), Airtouch, and PrimeCO (East coast cellular provider) were the three companies that merged. And Let me tell ya Airtouch was marvelous back in the day, no doubt about it! We were too generous and after the merger we were restricted on customer credits and waving of fees somewhat because it prevented them from growing to new heights. But Still Verizon Wireless was a great company and I am happy to say that I worked for them. YOu can't beat the CS or the coverage! What is a dropped call? I haven't had more than a few since my Airtouch analog phone in '99!!
    04-24-09 04:50 AM
    Wow, its like I insulted your mother or something... (Ma Bell?). I must make note that I simply contributed my own experiences with Verizon, and in response you guys flame me with aspersions. Lets be clear, Verizon provides me with a couple decades worth of poor service, I comment to that fact, and that makes me an a-hole. Hmmm... yeah, lets correctly target the villain here. You love Verizon; cool. I don't. I'm not calling you names for liking them, but you should call me names 'cause I don't?! How polite of you.

Also, I did note that I was pretty much unimpressed with the entirety of Verizon's enterprises, not just wireless. And I have 16 years as CTO, so I'm not disconnected from how Verizon is actively performing... in their entirety. I actually did some contract work for Verizon in one of their southeast data centers about 10 years ago, so I'm even a former "employee" of theirs.

Anyhow, I'm glad I was able to stir up the pot a bit. You're welcome for that. Really, how boring are forums if not for a little emotional action now and then. Lighten up, enjoys yourselves.
    Last edited by theadrock13; 04-24-09 at 12:13 PM.
    04-24-09 11:12 AM
    ROFLMAO! That was good!

So you're wanting another POS phone?

Different carriers but same phone manufacturers. Carriers don't make phones.

Please explain to me how the Palm Pre is going to be a ****ty phone. I would honestly like to hear your opinion on this (or anyone else for that matter)

Seriously...BB makes awesome devices, so take the plunge. The 8330 is a rock solid device and wont let you down. Soon enough, you'll have a few more BB's to choose from (9630 and 8930..I hope)
    There are a ton of BB fans out there but the phone is not enough of a toy to me. BB's are all work and hardly any play (correct me if I'm wrong). The Palm Pre seems like it'll be that perfect balance between the IPhone and a Blackberry. The great UI and touch screen of a IPhone with the productivity and messaging of a BB.
    04-24-09 11:52 AM
    Please explain to me how the Palm Pre is going to be a ****ty phone. I would honestly like to hear your opinion on this (or anyone else for that matter)

There are a ton of BB fans out there but the phone is not enough of a toy to me. BB's are all work and hardly any play (correct me if I'm wrong). The Palm Pre seems like it'll be that perfect balance between the IPhone and a Blackberry. The great UI and touch screen of a IPhone with the productivity and messaging of a BB.
    Problem is it is a PALM. their reputation is definatly tarnished these days.
    04-24-09 12:09 PM
    Problem is it is a PALM. their reputation is definatly tarnished these days.
    Yup, yup. While a nice device, Palm has shown a penchant for the non-standard & then not following up with good updates. The Pre appears to be a last-ditch effort, that still lacks the third party support of BlackBerry, WinMo or even iPhone.

Plenty of fun apps for BlackBerry - far more than you will get with Pre, especially since Pre is not backward-compatible with earlier Palm systems. If it is fun you want, skip the Pre and even BlackBerry - go with WinMo or iPhone.

We don't know if VZW will ever pick up the Pre.

04-24-09 01:48 PM
    Probably because they want to see how well it's received at first?
    04-24-09 01:50 PM
    Probably because they want to see how well it's received at first?
    That is possible, but that hasn't stopped them before. I think after the last rounds of Palm phones, they might be considering dropping Palm completely. It would be sad, as Palm was once the best PDA out there. But these days, I'd consider getting a Palm about as eagerly as a root canal.

04-24-09 02:00 PM
    Yup, yup. While a nice device, Palm has shown a penchant for the non-standard & then not following up with good updates. The Pre appears to be a last-ditch effort, that still lacks the third party support of BlackBerry, WinMo or even iPhone.

Plenty of fun apps for BlackBerry - far more than you will get with Pre, especially since Pre is not backward-compatible with earlier Palm systems. If it is fun you want, skip the Pre and even BlackBerry - go with WinMo or iPhone.

The Palm Pre is backwards compatible with old Palm apps via emulator.

The Pre is a last ditch effort but maybe that means they'll change their ways. They came pretty close to folding so my take is, why would they do the same things over again? Sprint and Palm were both way down. I'd think they wouldn't want to be there again right?
    04-24-09 02:05 PM
    As much as I hate some of their practices (being dicks about upgrading phones, locking down GPS, SMS pricing) I can't complain about them that much. Their network is simply amazing, and their customer service beats plenty of other telcos.
    04-24-09 04:00 PM
    Wow, its like I insulted your mother or something... (Ma Bell?). I must make note that I simply contributed my own experiences with Verizon, and in response you guys flame me with aspersions. Lets be clear, Verizon provides me with a couple decades worth of poor service, I comment to that fact, and that makes me an a-hole. Hmmm... yeah, lets correctly target the villain here. You love Verizon; cool. I don't. I'm not calling you names for liking them, but you should call me names 'cause I don't?! How polite of you.

Also, I did note that I was pretty much unimpressed with the entirety of Verizon's enterprises, not just wireless. And I have 16 years as CTO, so I'm not disconnected from how Verizon is actively performing... in their entirety. I actually did some contract work for Verizon in one of their southeast data centers about 10 years ago, so I'm even a former "employee" of theirs.

Anyhow, I'm glad I was able to stir up the pot a bit. You're welcome for that. Really, how boring are forums if not for a little emotional action now and then. Lighten up, enjoys yourselves.

I'm interested in what happened. Care to explain? What could they have done differently to change your perception?
    04-24-09 04:20 PM
    A very kind verizon rep told me about crackberry, and i can't thank him enough! Verizon is the best, I've never had any problems with my service or representitives! I highly recommend verizon to everyone!
    04-24-09 04:35 PM
    We've been with Verizon for a very long time, and we have yet encountered problems with customer service or coverage. Everytime we had an issue, we could rely on VZW rep to help us out. It'll take a lot to make us consider any other service.
    04-24-09 04:38 PM
    Verizon never was part of or own Ameritech. Ameritech was bought by SBC which is now ATT
    04-24-09 04:45 PM
    I remember back around 1989 or 90, I got a mailer from my insurance company, CSAA (car insurance), with an offer for a cell phone and service from Airtouch. I've been with them ever since and have never had any troubles with service or customer service. They've even called me in the past to offer me a new or cheaper plan depending on how many minutes I've been using.
    04-25-09 08:11 PM
    There the best i think, ive had verizon since day one never one complaint.
    05-07-09 05:46 PM
    I get a better discount with Verizon. My beef isn't with verizon itself but more of a give us a damn gold code for the storm issue. That and lack selection of phones compared to gsm providers.

05-07-09 06:56 PM
    YIKES! I guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

In all my adult life I have yet to have a pleasurable experience with Verizon -- EVER -- including their former self GTE. In all aspects of their businesses I violently HATE Verizon. Not just wireless, but FIOS, phone, T-carrier, DSL, business, residential... I've used it all, and for some circumstances I am still (currently) forced to use them for copper phone service due to their anti-trust violating monopolistic control in certain regions. HATE VERIZON! The greatest trick the devil ever played was changing his name to Verizon and making people pay a monthly fee for phones that don't work (Storm). But I rant...

Hey if you're those lucky few who happen to be sitting right where the broken clock stopped, then praise be to you and enjoy. I can't begin to tell you how fortunate you are that you've been spared the suffering, wasted time, poor performance, aggravation, excessive expenses, et alii, that I have and continue to deal with from the entire hegemony called Verizon. As a whole, they stink. (Note: I am speaking of ALL their crappy business avenues, not just wireless.)

Now have a fantastic day!
    Then I guess it's a good thing you have Sprint, and their wonderful coverage and superior customer service
    05-07-09 09:15 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD