06-03-10 11:32 AM
28 12
tools
    Please don't bash me, I just wanted to share my experience. A week ago on a whim I decided I wanted the iPhone. So I ported my number over and left with my new iPhone. Well the browser is great, email so so overall I really liked it. Sorry I can't give a better review but I'm not a tech person. All it took was one call to AT&T customer service to ask a question about my bill. Personality and intelligence were not strong points with the 2 reps I spoke with. I actually felt like a no one, as if they couldn't give a **** about my concerns.

So yesterday I called Verizon and they brought me back as if I had never left. I told him about the mistake I had made and what was I thinking after 10 years with Verizon. He said people do it all the time although and many of them come back I know that these people have alot to deal with throughout their day but at least I feel like they care. I have never ever had any problems with them and I was glad to be back with my Storm 9550(drawbacks and all )
    05-23-10 09:42 PM
    That was my problem with them also...that and the dropped calls, poor internet access, problems with my bill every month, rude supervisors, worthless tech support, even ruder and more worthless iPhone support and many other things. Welcome back. I know each carrier has issues but at least VzW tries to be consistently good.
    05-23-10 10:22 PM
    I am not going to lie, I tried AT&T, and came back. You never know what you had until you try out the competition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 10:53 PM
    Verizon is the best network in the country, there is just no way around that fact. I'm getting ready to switch over to T-Mobile (the other solid carrier in my area) purely for cost savings (which will be substantial), but I'm going to miss Big Red's network goodness.
    05-24-10 01:13 AM
    It was the customer service I missed most. They just seemed cold and unfriendly even at the local store. Maybe others have had a better experience but not the case for me. I missed you Verizon!
    05-24-10 07:30 AM
    Please don't bash me, I just wanted to share my experience. A week ago on a whim I decided I wanted the iPhone. So I ported my number over and left with my new iPhone. Well the browser is great, email so so overall I really liked it. Sorry I can't give a better review but I'm not a tech person. All it took was one call to AT&T customer service to ask a question about my bill. Personality and intelligence were not strong points with the 2 reps I spoke with. I actually felt like a no one, as if they couldn't give a $@#& about my concerns.

So yesterday I called Verizon and they brought me back as if I had never left. I told him about the mistake I had made and what was I thinking after 10 years with Verizon. He said people do it all the time although and many of them come back I know that these people have alot to deal with throughout their day but at least I feel like they care. I have never ever had any problems with them and I was glad to be back with my Storm 9550(drawbacks and all )
    Sorry to hear you had a bad expeierence, welcome back!

05-24-10 10:13 PM
    Honestly, I'm not surprised you switched back.

What bothers me about AT&T is that they cost about the same as Verizon, but their network is bogged down, has dropped calls, and no where near the coverage.

I'm with T-Mobile and while I love them, I know that I am sacrificing some coverage to save money. That's fine with me. I just don't understand how AT&T charges about the same as VZW and yet gives you so much less.

I'm sorry, but the only thing that AT&T has going for them is the fact that they are GSM (gotta love SIM switching).
    05-25-10 12:25 AM
    Wish that Big Red was in Indonesia.. miss the speed, coverage...not the pricing tho...
    05-29-10 05:35 AM
    Do you know how long you can be away from VZ for them to bring you back to your previous account status? Did you get brought back to the 'old' New Every 2 rules, or did they bring you on with the new rules ($100 NE2 vs $50 NE2)?

I guess my question could also be viewed as how long do i need to stay away from VZW for them to give me new customer pricing? Say i port over to Sprint for 29 days and port back to VZ, will they know i was a previous customer (using the same number).
    05-29-10 05:49 AM
    Please don't bash me, I just wanted to share my experience. A week ago on a whim I decided I wanted the iPhone. So I ported my number over and left with my new iPhone. Well the browser is great, email so so overall I really liked it. Sorry I can't give a better review but I'm not a tech person. All it took was one call to AT&T customer service to ask a question about my bill. Personality and intelligence were not strong points with the 2 reps I spoke with. I actually felt like a no one, as if they couldn't give a $@#& about my concerns.

I have been there, AT&T was an awful experience for me. VZW has there issues but no where near as bad as AT&T.
    Welcome Home !
    05-29-10 09:14 AM
    I switched my line to AT&T, but left my wife and mother's phone on Verizon. I won't say that I have never dropped a call, but the service near Albany, NY has been fine for me. I switched in December of last year. Customer service has been OK, not amazing, but not so bad that I would cancel.

05-29-10 09:41 AM
    That sucks, did you have any trouble with the service or dropped calls in that week you used AT&T? Just wondering.
    05-29-10 12:19 PM
    My issue with them was customer service, I actually had good coverage with them. At least Verizon treats you like you are someone...at that has been my experience. I didn't get the warm fuzzies from AT&T!

05-29-10 12:55 PM
    I tried AT&T for a month in January last year for the iPhone 3G and really liked it (the phone). I never once called CS during that time but I returned my iPhone because I just didn't feel like staying with AT&T.

I've called CS twice though with Verizon and they've been really helpful.

I just don't understand how AT&T charges about the same as VZW and yet gives you so much less.
    This is one of the reasons I went with Verizon over AT&T.
    05-29-10 10:44 PM
    That was my problem with them also...that and the dropped calls, poor internet access, problems with my bill every month, rude supervisors, worthless tech support, even ruder and more worthless iPhone support and many other things. Welcome back. I know each carrier has issues but at least VzW tries to be consistently good.
    A buddy of mine listed the same issues after leaving VZW for the iPhone!!...minus the rude supervisors..lol. I thought about AT&T for the 9700 and after talking to my buddy and several other people, I decided to stay with VZW.
    05-30-10 09:08 PM
    When I had ATT, I had trouble with my bill every month....it was a constant problem.

05-30-10 09:17 PM
    Do you know how long you can be away from VZ for them to bring you back to your previous account status? Did you get brought back to the 'old' New Every 2 rules, or did they bring you on with the new rules ($100 NE2 vs $50 NE2)?

I guess my question could also be viewed as how long do i need to stay away from VZW for them to give me new customer pricing? Say i port over to Sprint for 29 days and port back to VZ, will they know i was a previous customer (using the same number).
    I was wondering the same thing.
    I live in So CAL, and have been considering the switch to Sprint.
    What's the process if I port my # over to sprint and try them out for a few weeks, and then decide that VZ works out better for me and want to go back with the same # ?

Any info will be appreciated!
    06-01-10 05:26 AM
    For Me it was pretty easy since the billing cycle had not ended yet. It would have termed 5/28 but I came back before that. When I called I didn't know it wasn't too late to go back. I spent several minutes apologizing and they just ported my # back from AT&T and everything was back the way it was. Nothing changed including the NE2 pricing. Hope this helps!

06-01-10 06:38 AM
    Almost forgot, I asked the rep on the phone if he would go return the iphone I had purchased. That was the hardest part. The guy didn't ask any questions or make eye contact. I just can't feel bad that Verizon has better customer service.

06-01-10 06:40 AM
    To be fair though I have been rude to by vzw CS ,told the manager was always in a meeting, etc.
    Also been told that a vzw person would call me at a certain time/date and if I had not called back that issue wouldnt have been taken care of before the weekend.

I did leave vzw and didnt come back .Vzw took over the other carrier I went(in the area of US I live) so they got me back that way , lol .... but so far they have been better this time ,(I still dont go to the store they was mean to me at tho , lol )So , no problems with vzw yet connection service or customer service at the store I go to now. Except for the fact they did not know the GPS was unlocked on the tour(9630) they been good
    Last edited by DavidNC; 06-01-10 at 06:48 AM.
    06-01-10 06:45 AM
    My daughter and SIL have been AT&T for a while, and then I found out they were switching. With 4 phones and only one of them internet-enabled, $320 a month ! That's after his business discounts. I told them I pay $189 for 4 BlackBerrys with TEP and everything. So when their contract is done bye-bye AT&T.

06-01-10 06:46 AM
    I did the same thing about a year ago to get the iphone, jumped from Verizon to ATT to Tmobile and then back to Verizon. Cant beat their coverage or service.
    06-01-10 02:01 PM
    I had the same experience with Sprint. The CS is the worst.
    06-01-10 06:49 PM
    I had the same experience with Sprint. The CS is the worst.
    ..But ..Wait, How can that be sprint is the "now network"
    06-02-10 06:07 AM
    I have been with Sprint, AT&T, and Cingular(b4 merger). I LOVE VZW. They maybe more expensive than most others, but I had problems with my bills almost ever month with the others. Sprint had the worst CS ever! I cannot go back to any others.
    06-02-10 10:40 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD