I don't mean to clutter the forum, but I guess I'll just consider myself the millionth person to ask this question to keep you BB vet's on your toes, lol.

Anyway, I'm thinking of upgrading to the new BB Curve under a Verizon plan. Everytime I speak to a Verizon Rep' on the phone, I get pretty much weird answers out of all of them. It seems as if they're either hiding something or don't know what to say, which means I haven't found a rep. yet that even knows what's going on with the BB Plans.

The best idea I came across today was to upgrade online, like I planned to, and click the option to keep my current plan. My current plan is around $50 a month, with 450 minutes and unlimited verizon to verizon texts, and 500 messages to everyone else, I think. Regardless, I had to choose a texting plan AGAIN and a Data Plan. I chose the same texting plan that I have now, but I'm unsure as to which data plan does what ..

There's the e-mail and web data plan for $29.99 a month, which to my understanding I'd be able to send out e-mails and use the internet without a problem or being charged extra.

Then, there's the BB Solution Unlimited Data Usage Plan for $44.99 a month, and it doesn't give a damn description as to what THAT is.

Needless to say, I talked to like .. 2 Verizon rep.s before I decided to sign up and post my question on the forum, because I couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone. Am I better off picking the $79.99 voice and data plan that Verizon offers and just add the texting plan on later? Or should I go ahead and go the route that I was just thinking about?

Any help from the BB vet.s who are experienced with this sort of situation would be a great help. I appreciate it greatly and once again, sorry for cluttering up the forum if this sort of question has already been answered (and i'm almost positive it has, I just didn't search good enough for it, lol).
    06-10-08 11:25 AM
    if you work somewhere that has Blackberry Enterprise Service (BES) and you want your blackberry to sync with your work email/contacts/calender, then you need the 45 dollar plan. If you are just going to use your blackberry for a personal email account (yahoo, gmail, etc.) then the 30 dollar plan is what you want. both have "unlimited" data/internet (5 gigabyte monthly limit before being charged extra). it sounds like you should just keep your current plan and add the 30 dollar blackberry BIS plan. others will chime in I'm sure.
    06-10-08 11:51 AM
    WXJeremy is correct
    06-10-08 12:51 PM
    Thanks a lot for the help, guys! I appreciate it. I actually went over to the Verizon store in my area after work and talked with one of the guys that works there, he said the same thing. So, I just placed in my order for the Curve and it should be here in a few days. Also, I found out that due to my job, which is the A&P Supermarket, I was eligible for a discount on my monthly bill, so I'm pretty happy about that, too. Who knew? Haha.
    06-10-08 08:02 PM
    Glad you were able to get everything straighten out. Here are a couple of posts that explain Data plans ...http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/what-bes-bis-1459/
    Also, take a look here about getting to know your BB....http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/
    These are found here on the Forum under .... BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ

Welcome to the Crack!
    06-10-08 08:17 PM
    Get plenty of sleep before it shows up.
    The 101 series on here is a good starting point, you might want to shop around for an sd card, screen protector and case before it shows up too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 08:33 PM
    WXJeremy is correct
    But didn't mention that if you scrap your current voice plan and go with the bundled Blackberry voice+data plan, that includes BES services (and unlimited data - all data).

But ya, if you don't need BES, getting a voice plan with unlimited texting, SMS and MMS, plus the $30 BB Email and Web (aka BIS) plan is about $10 a month cheaper for the same number of minutes and unlimited data than the bundled BB voice+data plans are. If you DO need BES though, the bundled plan will save you about $6.

Why they have to make this so confusing on their web site is a mystery.

As for Verizon phone sales reps being clueless, especially the live chat people, tell us something we don't know! Sometimes you get a good one, more often you don't. I've had the best luck talking directly to their weekday managers at their corporate retail stores. The less knowing employees will just ask them anyway so you might as well go directly to the only person in the shop who really knows what they're doing.

The telephone tech people are often a bit behind the curve too. For example, I realized that on a Blackberry, you can't dial #MIN to check your minutes because the keyboard is laid out differently from a normal cell phone. I waited and waited and waited and the guy came back and he said it's not possible, sorry. So I sauntered over to the retail store, asked for the manager, and he quickly offered a simple solution: create an address book entry for #646 and call it "minutes."
    06-12-08 03:44 AM
    Hey now! Be nice lol I work at VZW! But its true some reps are clueless... But basically if you are only going to do personal email like yahoo, aol, gmail then you will be fine with the 29.99 data the 44.99 is if you plan to do corporate server email like thru your employer

If you need some help feel free to message me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 04:29 AM
    Wow that sounds confusing I am glad that I don't have VZW (no offense justagirl). I was confused just reading that. If you have a corp eamail don't youu think your company should pay for that? I hope you get it all sorted out. Good luck and have fun with your new BB.
    06-12-08 05:10 AM