I was waiting for my turn with CS, and in the mean time helped a lady pick out a phone for her mother. They thought I was so helpful that the daughter asked me for my number incase she needs any future assistance I think I should consider getting a job at Verizon. hahaha
    08-20-09 04:10 PM
    I was waiting for my turn with CS, and in the mean time helped a lady pick out a phone for her mother. They thought I was so helpful that the daughter asked me for my number incase she needs any future assistance I think I should consider getting a job at Verizon. hahaha
    im guilty of that as well
    08-20-09 05:54 PM
    I think it speaks highly as to the person you are. Bravo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 08:17 PM
    You rock! Good 100th post.
    08-20-09 11:12 PM
    It isn't hard to imagine a customer being more helpful than a VZW rep. At least in the store. Good work.

08-21-09 01:37 AM
    I was standing inline at my local store today and a guy had brought his Storm in. The lady at the counter told him that he had to leave his phone with them overnight and they would replace it and switch his contacts over. He was infuriated by this and commenced cussing this poor woman out. He was mad about the prospect of losing important text messages, an end to which I cannot blame. At my girlfriend's dismay, I educated him on the beauty of CB.com, and provided him a link to the latest software OS, and he was still running the buggy release OS. Unfortunately, since I wasn't wearing a nice VZW name tag, he immediately dismissed my advice and gave me finger. My response was this "How about pulling the battery for 30 seconds". Which he did, and that, for the moment, resolved his problem and he left happy, full of gratitude, and even provided the promise of becoming a member of this site. Don't you all love a happy ending?

08-21-09 05:21 AM
    I was standing inline at my local store today and a guy had brought his Storm in. The lady at the counter told him that he had to leave his phone with them overnight and they would replace it and switch his contacts over. He was infuriated by this and commenced cussing this poor woman out. He was mad about the prospect of losing important text messages, an end to which I cannot blame. At my girlfriend's dismay, I educated him on the beauty of CB.com, and provided him a link to the latest software OS, and he was still running the buggy release OS. Unfortunately, since I wasn't wearing a nice VZW name tag, he immediately dismissed my advice and gave me finger. My response was this "How about pulling the battery for 30 seconds". Which he did, and that, for the moment, resolved his problem and he left happy, full of gratitude, and even provided the promise of becoming a member of this site. Don't you all love a happy ending?

Crap. Now we're gonna get a guy that's a **** on this website some more. Thanks man!
    08-21-09 09:34 PM
    Crap. Now we're gonna get a guy that's a **** on this website some more. Thanks man!
    He may not be such an **** if he is helped quickly by us, as opposed to waiting in line at a VZW store for an hour.

08-24-09 06:07 PM
    And that would be different than 67% of the current members how??
    08-24-09 09:03 PM
    And that would be different than 67% of the current members how??
    .... good point.
    08-26-09 11:57 AM
    Our members aren't all that bad... Are they...

08-27-09 08:39 AM
    Anytime I see people in line at TMO with a BB, I always make an effort to talk to them. Maybe see if they need help with their phone. And if they do need help, I then proceed to help as much as I can and always tell them about CB. Some would rather talk to an "expert" and that's fine but I always tell them look into CB and give it a shot. Some have come, many have not.

And yes, if you look around, there many useless people that are members of CB! Some are bent on giving poor advice and most get enjoyment out starting arguments with anyone they come across. Sadly, it's truly not what it used to be!

08-27-09 09:00 AM
    Yea guilty here too
    08-27-09 10:21 AM
    Kudos on helping a customer in the store! I've gone to a tmo store for help and the rep didn't know what to do but there was a very knowledgeable customer there who helped me out. People like you are awesome!

And yes, there are some on CB who are kind of...well, I don't know. I just don't like being attacked and sometimes I'm worried to ask a question because I'll just be flamed for no reason. *sigh*
    08-27-09 12:05 PM
    Well, in lieu of those jerks, if you have any issues or questions, just BBM me and I'll do whatever I can to help.

08-27-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD