So I busted my berry today I attempted to remove the trackball to clean it and of course couldn't get humpty dumpty together again. You would have thought I just lost 10 million in the stock market- all h*** broke loose in my house. I finally gave up and called Verizon to boo hoo and the guy couldn't have been nicer. I paid $50 and they are replacing my phone! And worse I found out that when I upgraded in August I didn't keep the insurance but the guy told me that in the end it really isn't worth it (but of course not down playing the importance of insurance) and he has never seen anyone pay full price for a replacement. They were awesome. So a little inconvenience switching phones but at least I will have a working trackball!
    11-05-08 10:49 PM
    YIKES! I can't imagine breaking my BB! Sounds like it worked out in the end. Glad you got your phone fixed, and there was a happy ending!
    11-05-08 10:53 PM
    Verizon is expensive, but at the end of the day, there cs makes up for it! They always come through,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 10:56 PM
    They are always there when you are willing to pay the insurance claim fees. But when it's a manufacture defect or something of that nature, it's like pulling teeth. I have been with them since May 2001 and still question why I am still with them.

I do like being able to hit 0 when I dial 611 and having a human answer the phone within less than 30 seconds.
    11-05-08 11:20 PM
    They are always there when you are willing to pay the insurance claim fees. But when it's a manufacture defect or something of that nature, it's like pulling teeth. I have been with them since May 2001 and still question why I am still with them.

I do like being able to hit 0 when I dial 611 and having a human answer the phone within less than 30 seconds.
    What are you talking about?!

I just called a week ago to tell CS that the alarm stopped working on my curve. Without even asking, the rep told me he'd overnight a replacement curve, which I'm using now. Vzw is the best.

11-05-08 11:23 PM
    I had a BlackBerry Curve for around three weeks. The email function just stopped working all together 100%. I took it into the VZW store and they told me that the only way for a replacement was to do a insurance claim. So I said no and called VZW as soon as I got into my car, they told me since the representative in the store had made a note on the account that they could not remove it to do a manufactures replacement. So, I talked to a supervisor. They once again told me the same thing. I had to call BlackBerry to get the replacement myself. So, because one ***** didn't know what they were talking about, I got screwed. That's not the only time either, I could write a book.
    11-05-08 11:28 PM
    half the time people in the store don't know what they're talking about. All you had to do is talk to wireless data and they would have sent out a new phone no problem, it i have any problem they send me one asap and they even gave my girlfriend a pink one when i exchanged my silver one 5months later mine you.
    11-05-08 11:49 PM
    I had a BlackBerry Curve for around three weeks. The email function just stopped working all together 100%. I took it into the VZW store and they told me that the only way for a replacement was to do a insurance claim. So I said no and called VZW as soon as I got into my car, they told me since the representative in the store had made a note on the account that they could not remove it to do a manufactures replacement. So, I talked to a supervisor. They once again told me the same thing. I had to call BlackBerry to get the replacement myself. So, because one ***** didn't know what they were talking about, I got screwed. That's not the only time either, I could write a book.
    Ew...I will tell you another story about Verizon. I think they have their good and bad days This was years ago when I use to buy other cell phones. I had called for one reason or another to talk about my plan and the representative on the phone had told me that I was eligible for an upgrade. So of course I repeat the information back to the women and she confirms I understood what she said. Of course I was excited so I ran to the local verizon to get a new phone. When I get there the store rep's tell me no she was wrong. As you can imagine I was not happy. At that point it became a battle of the wills, I wasn't leaving without a new phone. My boyfriend at the time called it the Olympic staring contest because I wouldn't leave lol. We duked it out for over an hour and a half sometimes me talking to the store reps and then yelling at the phone reps pacing outside the store (inside the mall). Finally after arguing for what seemed like forever they gave me the phones. The people in the store weren't ugly- just unhelpful because it wasn't them who told me I could have new phones. I think you can pretty much get whatever you want out of Verizon, it just may take longer than normal

Sorry to hear about your curve. I love mine- not even interested in the storm *cringe* because I hate touchscreen phones.
    Last edited by 3addisons; 11-06-08 at 08:02 AM.
    11-06-08 08:00 AM
    So I busted my berry today I attempted to remove the trackball to clean it and of course couldn't get humpty dumpty together again. You would have thought I just lost 10 million in the stock market- all h*** broke loose in my house. I finally gave up and called Verizon to boo hoo and the guy couldn't have been nicer. I paid $50 and they are replacing my phone! And worse I found out that when I upgraded in August I didn't keep the insurance but the guy told me that in the end it really isn't worth it (but of course not down playing the importance of insurance) and he has never seen anyone pay full price for a replacement. They were awesome. So a little inconvenience switching phones but at least I will have a working trackball!
    I'm laughing only because I did the exact same thing a month or so ago. I just bought a new trackball assembly for <$10, it was a snap to put in place and all was good. Anyway, have to agree with you on VZW CS being awesome, they have always been good to me.

Now stop messing with your trackball!
    11-06-08 08:51 AM
    I always wondered if paying the $5.99 for the insurance is a ripoff. From what you're saying, it sounds like it is. Will you be getting a new phone or a refurb? Call me OCD, but I would hate to inherit someones used phone.
    11-06-08 11:44 AM
    Thats the same question I asked since I just bought this phone in August. What the guy told me is that I get a "used" phone. Basically all the phones that people by and turn around the next day and return. I was concerned because I take really good care of my phone (haha well up until recently) and I didn't want a scratched and dented piece of crap. He told me no- the phone will look brand new. BUT if you think about it the insurance is a crock (of course in my opinion!). You pay the $5 a month plus if you file for the insurance there is a $50 deductable. With Verizon, I can early upgrade my phone each year for about $100 or I can wait the 2 years and upgrade for about $50. So unless I can't wait its really not worth it.....and this was a perfect example of Verizon working with me during the in between stages. So I think insurance is completely what you want- I won't be carrying it anymore.
    11-06-08 03:38 PM
    I always wondered if paying the $5.99 for the insurance is a ripoff. From what you're saying, it sounds like it is. Will you be getting a new phone or a refurb? Call me OCD, but I would hate to inherit someones used phone.
    It depends on the phone you have if insurance is worth it or not. If you have a phone that you got free or is really cheap, it isn't worth it. If you have an expensive phone, it is definitely worth it. With Verizon, if you don't have insurance and you're not eligible for an upgrade, you may be offered 1 year price for a new phone.... Something like the Samsung Juke at 1 year is $120 with a $50 rebate... Whereas a Blackberry Curve is $239.99 with a $70 rebate... And not all insurance replacements are refurbs, most are, but sometimes you may get lucky enough to get a brand new phone.
    11-06-08 04:31 PM
    I have never heard of anything like this congrats though.

I will say I have insurance and usually take very good care of my phone however there are always mistakes and when I use insurance I do not get refurb returned phones, I always request a brand new in box device and they always oblige my request. I have zero interest in refurbs/used phones when I've been asurion customer for going on 9 years.

11-06-08 04:33 PM
    Verizon rocks, though they are expenisive I never have any issues with them... and when I had my voyager before I became a proud bb owner they would send my replacements with no problem or no hassel, and because of all the issues I was having with the voyager when the bb came out I was able to get more then half taken off the phone...
    11-06-08 05:15 PM
    i see everyone saying that verizon is expensive.. and the crazy thing is that we have the same prices as AT&T... since that is our only competion in the wireless industry we do whatever they do ... and they do whatever we do ... its a wonderful thing. i will admit that when people think verizon they think to much money . but if you really went to a ATT store and compare what you have on ur verizon plan and try and get the same thing on att you will find it would be pretty similar. ever since the merger thats how its been .
    11-08-08 11:37 AM
    I can't help but laugh when I hear friends say they're going to ATT for the cost...I usually wait until they get their first bill and it's the same as it was with VZW AND they've dropped 5 calls a day before I pull the told ya so card.
    11-08-08 10:05 PM
    Wow... Really? I didn't know that, my mom just switched over from vzw to at&t for the iphone, she's been trying to get me to switch stating its so much cheaper... I refuse to switch however..

11-08-08 11:16 PM
    DONT SWITCH!

Plans are exactly the same!!

I love Verizon! My Curve has had trouble. I took it to my local Verizon store and they swapped it for a NEW device twice!! CS is so amazing!
    11-11-08 09:46 AM
    Vzw trys to take care of evrything and everyone they can. They will work with you if you will work with them. I find yelling and screaming gets you no where and makes you look really bad but if youre calm and explain your situation usually they take care of you. As far as cost I agree that pricing is just about the same but coverage with VZW by far exceeds AT&T in most places. I must say my curve is by far the best phone I've ever owned. I love this phone and it gets amazing service. Previous phones were not great in my basement apartment that is also behind a huge grocery store. My LG dare was pretty good but this curve is amazing. I get just about full service in the apartment with this. But to the orig point, VZW has great customer service!

11-13-08 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD