I currently have a Blackberry Tour with Verizon.

I pay $29.99 for the Blackberry Plan Unlimited Email & Web

I pay $30.00 for Mobile Broadband Connect - 5GB

Shouldn't I not need that second data plan? Doesn't the Blackberry plan in itself include internet? Or is that just for MMS and Email?

Also, If I upgrade to a HTC Incredible, what will I do with my Blackberry data plan?

Is it possible to just have the HTC Incredicble with the $30 Mobile Broadband Connect?

That would save me lots of $$$, if possible.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    08-02-10 07:37 AM
    All you need for your Tour is the Blackberry Data Plan which is 29.99, this is email and web and covers internet. If you upgrade to the Incredible you'll still need an email and web plan.
    08-02-10 08:02 AM
    I may be all wrong:

Isn't the Broadband Mobile Connect used for Tethering? If you don't tether you don't need it?

Or you could purchase the tether app - it is a one-time cost. But be aware it is possibly a violation of your verizon terms of service but folks do go that route, being sure to not abuse the tethering.
    08-02-10 09:02 AM
    Mobile Broadband Connect is your tethering plan. If you don't use tethering you don't need it.
    08-02-10 09:03 AM
    Or you could purchase the tether app - it is a one-time cost. But be aware it is possibly a violation of your verizon terms of service but folks do go that route, being sure to not abuse the tethering.
    Not possibly, it IS a violation of terms without there tethering package.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 09:23 AM
    All you need for your Tour is the Blackberry Data Plan which is 29.99, this is email and web and covers internet. If you upgrade to the Incredible you'll still need an email and web plan.
    Actually it the same 29.99 plan as for your blackberry (email included just like blackberry) . But yeap you will need the data package on the Incredible they the same price for each.

The Mobile Broadband Connect as mentioned above is for tethering so you don't need that unless you want to tether
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-04-10 at 01:57 PM.
    08-04-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD