09-24-09 05:50 AM
43 12
tools
    You just have to know how to talk to phone reps. Be extra friendly, get their name and if you aren't getting anywhere with a certain one either call back later or ask for their supervisor. Always make sure they put notes in your account too.

My first storm (only have had 2) started to collect alot of dust under the screen and I called verizon and asked what i should do considering I had no insurance. They said take it to the nearest store and have a tech open it up and clean it out. Long story short, they wouldn't do it because I "it counts as physical damage and I am at fault." I asked my friends to leave the store and I cussed them out. I called verizon back without even leaving the mall and they sent me a replacement phone within 2 days no questions asked. Oh and I went back after I got the new phone and cussed em out again. Was alot of fun!
    Because nothing says cool like cussing out people you dont know, and you will probably never see again.

Your mother must be proud
    09-22-09 08:20 AM
    Keep talking, it's more and more obvious you are up to something.

Four Storms? I'm on Storm #1 and only since I've had it since December. I can only imagine what kind of shape it's in if you use it for work and/or have buttons falling off.
    I'm also on my first phone since February. Still looks new with no buttons falling off. If I want the Storm 2, I'll buy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 08:21 AM
    I'm also on my first phone since February. Still looks new with no buttons falling off. If I want the Storm 2, I'll buy it.

Mine looks great too. Nothing warms my heart more to have a customer come in and show me their mistreated Storm and tell me what a piece of junk it is, then, I'll show them mine and how well it looks.

One said to me last week, "Sure it does, you take care of it, what do you expect?"
    09-22-09 08:41 AM
    Incessant calling only gets you a hot remark on your account saying you're an abusive ecessive caller and what NOT to give you... And supervisors 99% of the time stick up for their reps. Think of the Golden Rule when you call... We're people too... And only a miniscule portion of the company... We have rules to follow at work JUST like you do...

09-22-09 01:52 PM
    Some people like hot remarks, Heather.

And some like to be abused.
    09-23-09 08:37 AM

Four Storms? I'm on Storm #1 and only since I've had it since December. I can only imagine what kind of shape it's in if you use it for work and/or have buttons falling off.
    I too am on my first storm. Sure there are somethings that have been software issues that bug me but I haven't had to have it replaced once. I've my phone since February. Not one problem with it except for the minor software issues. I love my Storm!

I agree with the above poster, I don't know your situation with your current Storm but it sounds like something fishy is going on...and I dont' mean with VZW.
    09-23-09 01:35 PM
    Agreed - what I see is this...
    Because I have to have it for work ... and I just got done paying bills ... I'm broke
    Okay, so I can empathize with someone who is broke, but I can't believe someone who claims to be, then says this...
    I know about the ETF, what I'm saying is:

If i terminate, will I be able to start a new 2yr with Verizon in Nov. for whatever price that's offered
    How is it someone is broke, but has no issue with the ETF, new activation charges, a possible deposit, or "whatever price that's offered?"

Sounds to me like someone has been reading too many Internet forum posts on how to scam a wireless carrier into giving you the latest POS phone.

09-23-09 04:27 PM
    I agree Twins.

ETF = $175 at least
    Activation fee = $35
    S2 = approx $299.00 w/ new 2yr contract.

That's a **** of alot more then $50 ... just my .02
    09-23-09 08:15 PM
    Awe sounds awesome
    09-23-09 08:16 PM
    Just a quick question. What kind of case or cover do you have? A holster by chance? My employee is having a similar issue with his phone, two of his buttons fell off, the phone is only 2 weeks old. I have done some research and have noticed that quite a few people are having this problem b/c of the way the buttons are placed and them catching holsters and rubbing in cases. Sadly it's about 50/50, some are replaced under warranty, and some are being deemed "physical damage"
    09-23-09 09:07 PM
    Okay I'm bored time to get yelled at

Fix: wait for the Onyx (bold 2) and switch to AT&T or get a BOLD !!! none of them BREAK like the STORM does ,or wait the BOLD doesnt, but the Onyx is supposed to be a really nice phone ( according to specs and reviews ). Storm- HORRIBLE phone, my cousin had one gave him nightmares. !!!

Ok so now all you Verizon people can copy my comment and kill me
    09-23-09 10:06 PM
    I know what you mean, My button fell off when I went to put it in the sleeve they sold me at the store, fortunately they replaced mine. My suggestion call 611 and inquiry about canceling service,(tell them why and say this is not acceptable) when I called I ended up with a new storm and tour free, no additional line so I canceled sold both on ebay 759$. Got myself an iphone.
    09-23-09 11:39 PM
    Okay I'm bored time to get yelled at
    I have no issue with the AT&T part - but the BOLD?

Consider yourself yelled at.

Friends don't let friends buy BlackBerrys.
    09-23-09 11:49 PM
    I just took my tv to my cable provider and can you believe they wouldn't replace my 20 inch tv with a 42 inch tv?
    09-23-09 11:53 PM
    I have no issue with the AT&T part - but the BOLD?

Consider yourself yelled at.

Friends don't let friends buy BlackBerrys.
    LOL you surprised me, I thought it would be the other way around, why I hear the BOLD is a really great phone, I have it and love it.
    09-24-09 12:08 AM
    I have one too - nice phone. Unfortunately, the quality has been nosediving & the OS is advancing at a snail's pace.

Now, a partial apology. While I still have issues with some of the things Muscle Head said, I figured I'd take a closer look.

Pulled two failed Storms out of the box. One, an original model & the other, an very recent 2.

Before you read further, ithe legal staff insists I issue the following warning.

PROFESSIONAL PHONE WRECKER ON A PRIVATE DESK. KIDS! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

There, now I can proceed.

Did some minor fiddling with the buttons, using notihing more than a fingernail. Out came the first button. Then, to simulate (and accelerate) rubbing in & out of a holster, I took some Mule Tape to the second button, with the other end tied to a stress gauge. Pulled laterally & with less than 6 ounces of pressure, second button popped out.

Went to fiddle with the 2. In preparation, I forgot a strip of Mule Tape on the desk & a corner hooked the 2. I went to move the tape & the phone tumbled from my desk onto the chair mat. Screen came loose.

So maybe those of us who doubted Muscle Head owe him an apology. While I still question his motives, I would further question the wisdom of any store employee who deemed it abuse - unless there were other supporting signs.

09-24-09 12:21 AM
    I just took my tv to my cable provider and can you believe they wouldn't replace my 20 inch tv with a 42 inch tv?
    How can you even SEE a 20 inch TV?

09-24-09 12:23 AM
    I don't know if you are talking about the 9530 when you say "a very recent 2" or not but I've dropped my 9530 a few times and no problems with the screen. I also used a holster before I got a case and started putting it in my pocket and no problems there either.
    09-24-09 05:50 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD