09-24-09 06:50 AM
43 12
tools
    to make a very long story short .... I'm on my 4th storm right now, the button fell of so I took it to the store to get it replaced, but before I did that I talk to customer service about how the storm is a POS and I use it for work purposes and it's is such a bad inconvenience for me, she said that I was able to get a free Blackberry Tour if my storm was replace twice but she said that I had to go to the store to get

Okay .... I'm with it, so I got to the store, the rep I talk to on the phone didn't note my replacement on my account ( I was pissed) so I told my story to the tech support at the store and first she tried tell me that I didn't have insurance, and that I would have to pay 50 bucks to fix it, saying it's physical damage ... WTF it's a warranty issue !!!!

I told her that I have insurance ... it's on my bill, and that I didn't have pay anything for my previous phones, so she said that it's ether 50 buck or take a hike (not what she actually said) so I said never mind I will take it up with customer support, so I got on the phone and told customer support the same situation .... but the jackass noted on my account that it's was physical damage and I would have to pay 50 ether to Verizon or asurion ..... BS

Bottom Line

If Verizon does not replace my phone with a tour for free due to warranty issues or whatever it takes I will be terminating my contract, ... this POS Storm almost got me fired !!!! and I sad to say that I can't wait another month until the S2 comes out, I need a BB for work, so I ask if there's anyone that can help me I would really appreciate your input
    Last edited by Muscle Master; 09-21-09 at 05:24 PM.
    09-21-09 05:20 PM
    It is honestly up to the discression of the store rep. Most all over the phone reps will have it verified by a store rep to save them from replacing a phone physical or liquid damage.

Might want to speak with a manager about your issue. It's hard to really gauge the situation over the internet. Not trying to say it's physical damage but I haven't seen the phone and it's not my judgement call.
    09-21-09 05:26 PM
    I'd say take it to the store to look at the damage. I can tell you that you have to have 3 replacements within a 90 day period to swap devices. At this time the only device you can upgrade to is a tour and even when the storm 2 comes out there's still no guarantee that Verizon will let you exchange your storm 1 for it.
    09-21-09 05:31 PM
    I'd say take it to the store to look at the damage. I can tell you that you have to have 3 replacements within a 90 day period to swap devices. At this time the only device you can upgrade to is a tour and even when the storm 2 comes out there's still no guarantee that Verizon will let you exchange your storm 1 for it.
    I was going to buy the S2 full price, and its my 4th Storm, and I started my account in July
    09-21-09 05:37 PM
    I hate to break the bad news to you, even if you dont think it is physical damage, if a rep thinks it is, it is considered physical damage.

There is unfortunately nothing you can say to anyone who has not seen the phone to be convinced otherwise.

Also, the tour was out within your 30 days, it sounds like you just want something that you arent supposed to get. And if you are getting the storm 2 anyway, why is it such a big deal to just pay 50 dollars to be stuck with a storm 1.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is how it works.
    09-21-09 05:42 PM
    I hate to break the bad news to you, even if you dont think it is physical damage, if a rep thinks it is, it is considered physical damage.

There is unfortunately nothing you can say to anyone who has not seen the phone to be convinced otherwise.

Also, the tour was out within your 30 days, it sounds like you just want something that you arent supposed to get. And if you are getting the storm 2 anyway, why is it such a big deal to just pay 50 dollars to be stuck with a storm 1.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is how it works.
    Because I have to have it for work ... and I just got done paying bills ... I'm broke
    09-21-09 05:51 PM
    Because I have to have it for work ... and I just got done paying bills ... I'm broke
    Then you have to wait, Im sorry, see if your job c an give you an advance. You also might have to see if the store can bill you the 50 bucks. Its wortha shot, just explain to them nicely you are in kind of a bind.+
    09-21-09 06:05 PM
    Okay so I have a question

If I terminate my account, will I be able to start a new 2yr and possibly get a new phone for free possibly or do i have to wait ?
    09-21-09 06:09 PM
    Pretty sure that you run might into some fraud issues trying to go that route...

Not entirely sure about that tho...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 09-21-09 at 10:52 PM.
    09-21-09 06:22 PM
    It will most likely cost more than 50 bucks to open a new account with activation fees and other charges. Plus if you are not currently out of contract there will definitely be an ETF charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 06:30 PM
    It will most likely cost more than 50 bucks to open a new account with activation fees and other charges. Plus if you are not currently out of contract there will definitely be an ETF charge.

I know about the ETF, what I'm saying is:

If i terminate, will I be able to start a new 2yr with Verizon in Nov. for whatever price that's offered
    09-21-09 06:36 PM
    The easy way assuming you don't mind changing numbers is to wait and add a line (No activation, new credit check, etc.)

Get the new phone on that one.
    Pay the ETF on the old line and make the new line the primary.
    09-21-09 07:06 PM
    Once you pay off the old account you can open a new one in your name again. But cancelling the current contract could lead to a deposit when opening a new one. And you may not be able to get the same number back.
    09-21-09 07:06 PM
    And how does the "multi-fru exchange" play into my situation ?
    09-21-09 07:09 PM
    Verizon will let you place up to $250.00 on your account. I do it all the time when I am testing a new phone.
    09-21-09 08:04 PM
    Reluctantly, I am going to tell you. Two replacements within 90 days for a manufacturer defect on the phone. It will reset your new every 2 and eligible upgrade dates so make your decision wisely.

They recently changed the policy and I do not think customer care can authorize it. It has to be at store managers discretion I believe though I could be wrong.
    09-21-09 08:07 PM
    It doesnt, because you dont have a defective phone, according to the store.
    09-21-09 08:09 PM
    How do the buttons just fall out? They would have to be forced out.

09-21-09 09:20 PM
    That's what I'd like to know...
    Unfortunatly you're prolly screwd since notes are in the account regarding physical damage its not a known physical defect like the battery door on the tour.
    And another thing... My esteemed collegue is right. It knocks your new every 2 date out 20mos... You can only have ONE multi exchange in a contract period. The replacemnts have to be win 90 days of each other.
    Customer service can NOT authorize multi exchange... Tech support does after t/s although your issue doesn't require it.
    Most importantly and this is consensus so forgive. Multi exchange means u get the same make/model NEW instead of certified like new. IF that phone is not available that's when you get another make/model. This policy doesn't mean much obviously. I can't vouch for other centers but MY center is strict about that. Eligible for multiexchange on a storm... You get a storm.
    Its all in who you talk to really on this last stipulation.
    Honestly don't know what to tell u except.. Bummer

09-22-09 02:04 AM
    You just have to know how to talk to phone reps. Be extra friendly, get their name and if you aren't getting anywhere with a certain one either call back later or ask for their supervisor. Always make sure they put notes in your account too.

My first storm (only have had 2) started to collect alot of dust under the screen and I called verizon and asked what i should do considering I had no insurance. They said take it to the nearest store and have a tech open it up and clean it out. Long story short, they wouldn't do it because I "it counts as physical damage and I am at fault." I asked my friends to leave the store and I cussed them out. I called verizon back without even leaving the mall and they sent me a replacement phone within 2 days no questions asked. Oh and I went back after I got the new phone and cussed em out again. Was alot of fun!
    09-22-09 02:40 AM
    What did VZW do to you? They are doing exactly what any (read all) carrier would do in this situation. I would ask a question similar to the following:

How do the buttons just fall out?
    As much as I hate the Storm, I can't see how the buttons on one would just fall out.

So it you've been picking at the buttons, trying to get them to fall out, so you can get a Storm 2...

Honestly don't know what to tell u except.. Bummer
    Then again, if you really believe the S2 will be all that, maybe you deserve one more headache. That is what the S2 will be for many - for others, it may be a huge disappointment.

Same designers, same manufacturing, lower production price target than Bold & Storm 1. You do the math.

09-22-09 02:42 AM
    My first storm I owned, the end button came off. it was very loose and the edge caught my pocket and came off. I called them up, and they replaced it under warranty. Then on my 3rd storm, which I delt with until the day after the tour came out to call, they decided to send me a tour as a replacement. All of which i dealt with customer service over the phone. If you call back, be nice and very polite, and explain to them it isnt physical damage that you caused the phone, but a defect. They will replace it, its just a matter of how you go about it
    09-22-09 04:52 AM
    I can honestly say the vzw store I deal with hooks me up and no matter what takes care of me! When I had my voyager I dropped it and the screen broke they replaced it under warranty. I mean as said it is at the discretion of the rep some are cool and some are plain assholes!

09-22-09 05:17 AM
    If you need it for work so badly just have your company pay for it.
    09-22-09 07:36 AM
    Okay so I have a question

If I terminate my account, will I be able to start a new 2yr and possibly get a new phone for free possibly or do i have to wait ?
    Keep talking, it's more and more obvious you are up to something.

Four Storms? I'm on Storm #1 and only since I've had it since December. I can only imagine what kind of shape it's in if you use it for work and/or have buttons falling off.
    09-22-09 09:04 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD